Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defence hotel reservation service.

The governance would be like governance for other expenses, its the RAO job.
Do the RAO go into your JPA account and read all your claims?

General audits are a line managers routine responsibility, plus the budget manager, spot audits, internal audit and the NAO
Governance includes audits, but is not limited to audits.
The CHBS hotel selection process is a level of governance

Do the RAO go into your JPA account and read all your claims?

General audits are a line managers routine responsibility, plus the budget manager, spot audits, internal audit and the NAO
Governance includes audits, but is not limited to audits.
The CHBS hotel selection process is a level of governance

Yet the Army manages CEA, LOA, LSA, MMA and a load more expenses, but needs special governance for Hotels.
Sounds unlikely and more how the CHBS justifies itself.

How do you think other firms manage it?

So all other claims are managed well by the MOD but hotels are special. Of course they are.
The MoD has to answer to government, government also has to answer to the public
The MoD use the CHBS as the mechanism for managing travel
(The FCO either also use CHBS or have used previous iterations of the contract)

Yet the Army manages CEA, LOA, LSA, MMA and a load more expenses, but needs special governance for Hotels.
Sounds unlikely and more how the CHBS justifies itself.
Yes. Each claim is subject to audit, and the governance covering each of those.
The process of selecting hotels, within a regional cap and highlighting the cheapest option that meets criteria is part of the hotel booking governance

If not, then JSP would say travel is to be “booked via CHBS or privately within cap” as opposed to “booked via CHBS or privately within cap in exceptional cases only”

I know you are slow, but my point is that the Army doesnt need anyone to book its hotels. Its not hard (for normal people, spastics may struggle)
Are you saying that only the Army should go it alone, not the rest of MOD, or for instance the Navy who have exceptionally limited internet access at sea so when Able Seamen Smith is leaving the ship in Gibralter and needs a hotel booking, but can't do it himself, what happens?

Because its no longer fit for purpose, its an additional cost with reduced convience.
What additional cost and reduced convenience? You can hit it from MODNET and the internet. It even holds your loyalty card details. Is this still down to you not finding the hotel you wants 4 years ago?

You mean like room inspections and coming up with some bullshit H&S to justfy going in the lads rooms? Thats sort of example?
You are the master of quoting people out of context. Go back and ask yourself did I say thats what could happen, or that I agreed with it? This is a bit you stating that I was in support of password sharing.

Ive already booked hotels outside of the MOD, my sisters firm did after they stopped being MOD, people on here have said they did. Yet you cling to the past because thats all you have always done.
I bet in the 80s when they changed the way soldiers got hotels to a hotel booking service, you would have cried about that as well and come up with some shite excuses why it couldnt world.
Good for you. How is the firm your sister works for relevant to MOD contracted services?

You would be reluctant to confront them if they fucked up their hotels, you said so earlier, far easier to let a civvie company book them.
Not at all, I'm reluctant to move towards a system that could lead to an increased frequency of mistakes being made, which is what you're proposing. Carry on using something that's effective and works, or change the process to something without support that is likely to make life difficult for anyone organising an event that involves travel.

Secondly, as I said before it doesnt matter if the MOD could account for every last penny in every expense account that it has, the Daily Mail would still publish "Outrage as the MOD spends X amount"
That's better that "MOD doesn't have a fukcing clue how much it's spending on travel", real vote winner that. Also opens the door to up other spending as it's obvious MOD can't manage theirs.

The MoD has to answer to government, government also has to answer to the public
Really? That's the main reason? How do they manage when it comes to all the other expenses? Or is the MOD not answerable for them

That's better that "MOD doesn't have a fukcing clue how much it's spending on travel", real vote winner that. Also opens the door to up other spending as it's obvious MOD can't manage theirs.
Of course, and naturally the MOD doesn't have a ******* clue how much its spending on any other expense, because there is no civvie firm involved :roll:

Yes. Each claim is subject to audit, and the governance covering each of those.
The process of selecting hotels, within a regional cap and highlighting the cheapest option that meets criteria is part of the hotel booking governance

If not, then JSP would say travel is to be “booked via CHBS or privately within cap” as opposed to “booked via CHBS or privately within cap in exceptional cases only”

Do you not think that these rules may have been written years ago? At a time when a hotel booking service was needed (before the widespread use of the internet).
The rules used to say no shirt lifters coincidently nobody in the MOD said that rule was wrong so it continued because it had always been like that, until an outside influence changed it.

Do you not think that these rules may have been written years ago? At a time when a hotel booking service was needed (before the widespread use of the internet).
The rules used to say no shirt lifters coincidently nobody in the MOD said that rule was wrong so it continued because it had always been like that, until an outside influence changed it.
Brilliant example of a faulty analogy that is!!!

Brilliant example of a faulty analogy that is!!!

You mean some spastics in the army dont want change because thats the way things have always been?

It currently knows what it has committed for nearly all travel expenses.

But doesnt know the cost of the rest of what it pays out? You are talking shite arent you?

Are you saying that only the Army should go it alone, not the rest of MOD, or for instance the Navy who have exceptionally limited internet access at sea so when Able Seamen Smith is leaving the ship in Gibralter and needs a hotel booking, but can't do it himself, what happens?
Why wouldnt Able Seaman Smith be able to book a hotel? Is he one of your spastics? What did you think happened before the booking agency took over?

What additional cost and reduced convenience? You can hit it from MODNET and the internet. It even holds your loyalty card details. Is this still down to you not finding the hotel you wants 4 years ago?
It has less hotels, are you really that dense?

You are the master of quoting people out of context. Go back and ask yourself did I say thats what could happen, or that I agreed with it? This is a bit you stating that I was in support of password sharing.
Oh you mean something else did you? You backpedalling buffoon.

Good for you. How is the firm your sister works for relevant to MOD contracted services?
It used to be part of the MOD, now that it isnt they dont bother with a hotel booking service. If only they had some silly old twat who doesnt like change on their staff, they would still use it.
Not at all, I'm reluctant to move towards a system that could lead to an increased frequency of mistakes being made, which is what you're proposing. Carry on using something that's effective and works, or change the process to something without support that is likely to make life difficult for anyone organising an event that involves travel.

What mistakes? Ones that spastics make? I now know why the sun/mail run stories on ******** veterans not being able to manage the basics in life. Its because they had people like you in command. How the flying **** do you manage to organise AT in a foreign country? Do you curl up in a ball and cry or do you find someone else to do it?

Why wouldnt Able Seaman Smith be able to book a hotel? Is he one of your spastics? What did you think happened before the booking agency took over?
No internet access at sea / not knowing where they'll be at set times? Irrelevant, there's a booking service that can be used to book hotel rooms on their behalf (and flights and trains).

It has less hotels, are you really that dense?
You keep bringing this up. You've had a plausible explanation that some hotels might not meet MOD requirements. I don't know why this is but it will probably relate to the information a hotel presents more than anything else.

Oh you mean something else did you? You backpedalling buffoon.
Your rabbit hole not mine.

It used to be part of the MOD, now that it isnt they dont bother with a hotel booking service. If only they had some silly old twat who doesnt like change on their staff, they would still use it.
They will have some sort of system to account for travel costs, and unless a truly shite company, done some sort of business change management to transfer to the new system.

What mistakes? Ones that spastics make? I now know why the sun/mail run stories on ******** veterans not being able to manage the basics in life. Its because they had people like you in command. How the flying **** do you manage to organise AT in a foreign country? Do you curl up in a ball and cry or do you find someone else to do it?
Only a clown would make a system more complex then rely on administrative action to make it work, especially when there is a one stop shop in place. AND you can book whatever hotel you want in or out of cap you just need to justify it (you keep ignoring this point).

No internet access at sea / not knowing where they'll be at set times? Irrelevant, there's a booking service that can be used to book hotel rooms on their behalf (and flights and trains).

:D :D :D

You really are thick as a brick

1. If there is no internet access at sea - What f***ing use is an internet based booking service ?

2. Not knowing where they'll be at set times? - Then why would you even contemplate booking a hotel ?

Still posting on the drag stag UK time - You really should get that insomnia seen to, it will be the death of you.

Or are you the CHBS drag stag helpline ?

:D :D :D
You really are thick as a brick
Obviously

1. If there is no internet access at sea - What f***ing use is an internet based booking service ?
All the booking systems are internet based, how do you think they confirm room availability and actually book? What other type of booking system do you know of? I'll let you have direct telephone to the hotel, but we are talking about moving forward here no backwards.

2. Not knowing where they'll be at set times? - Then why would you even contemplate booking a hotel ?
Someone else is tracking and booking accordingly. Same detail for the person waiting to go on board. Times/dates are fluid for all sorts of reasons.

Still posting on the drag stag UK time - You really should get that insomnia seen to, it will be the death of you.

Or are you the CHBS drag stag helpline ?
Dog walking.

If they used to be part of the MoD and are now outside of the MoD then they can no longer use the MoDs contract.

They therefore need to make their own arrangements and processes

Latest Threads