'Defence Fire Risk Management Organisation'

Forastero

LE
**** me, who thinks up this bollocks? Seriously, what sort of pasty-faced, grey suit wearing adenoidal management anorak twat thinks up stupid ******* names like this? Why not Defence Fire Service or Defence Fire Brigade? How about we rename London Fire Brigade to London Fire Risk Management Organsisation? The Daily Mail would laugh its litigated tits off and yet some ******* penis within Defence has seen fit to rename a perfectly normal organisation from a window cleaner into an optical technician. Are the blokes now called 'Fire Risk Management Men'?

Anybody else with any pearls of wisdom when it comes to renaming the most ordinary of things into something else? As someone once said to me, 'You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter.' (No offence to the fire blokes).

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Estate and Environment | Defence fire crews assist at major blaze

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I suppose the real question is,

"Does anyone really care?"

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Cheer up - they've adjusted their job titles to suit.

Temporary Assistant Chief Officer (T/ACO) Joel Gray of DFRMO was passing the scene and liaised with the Wiltshire Incident Commander
What's a Temporary Assistant Chief Officer when it's at home - an 'Acting Supervisor' perhaps?

Wordsmith

M

Mark The Convict

Nut = 'rotatable hexaform surface compression unit', at least according to the US DoD and PJ O'Rourke.

Mind you on reading the story, good call by Defence Fire Services ( for that is what they truly are). 3 days to put a fire out with all that hardwware. Must have been stinking to high heaven, all that rubber and waste stuff.

Mind you on reading the story, good call by Defence Fire Services ( for that is what they truly are). 3 days to put a fire out with all that hardwware. Must have been stinking to high heaven, all that rubber and waste stuff.
The scrapyard obviously hadn't done any "fire risk management".