'Defence Fire Risk Management Organisation'

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Forastero, Jul 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

**** me, who thinks up this bollocks? Seriously, what sort of pasty-faced, grey suit wearing adenoidal management anorak twat thinks up stupid ******* names like this? Why not Defence Fire Service or Defence Fire Brigade? How about we rename London Fire Brigade to London Fire Risk Management Organsisation? The Daily Mail would laugh its litigated tits off and yet some ******* penis within Defence has seen fit to rename a perfectly normal organisation from a window cleaner into an optical technician. Are the blokes now called 'Fire Risk Management Men'?

Anybody else with any pearls of wisdom when it comes to renaming the most ordinary of things into something else? As someone once said to me, 'You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter.' (No offence to the fire blokes).

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Estate and Environment | Defence fire crews assist at major blaze
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I suppose the real question is,

"Does anyone really care?"
  3. Cos the RAF don't fight anything, even fires!!!!
  4. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Probably not but it still grips my shit.
  5. Not this callsign, but I daresay that the good folk of the fair county of Wiltshire are grateful...
  6. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Cheer up - they've adjusted their job titles to suit.

What's a Temporary Assistant Chief Officer when it's at home - an 'Acting Supervisor' perhaps?

7. Nut = 'rotatable hexaform surface compression unit', at least according to the US DoD and PJ O'Rourke.
  8. I'd call them: Hugh Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert Dibble and Grubb, myself!

It's the logical thing to do!
  9. Mind you on reading the story, good call by Defence Fire Services ( for that is what they truly are). 3 days to put a fire out with all that hardwware. Must have been stinking to high heaven, all that rubber and waste stuff.
  10. I suppose for differentiation. The word has many meanings. Just look at the nuts with nuts eating nuts on this site!
  11. The scrapyard obviously hadn't done any "fire risk management".