Defence cuts to hit 9,500 Army posts

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Dec 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thousands of British soldiers will be told next month that their jobs are at risk as the next wave of Army redundancies is announced.

Around 9,500 posts – one in 10 soldiers – will be cut over the next two years in an attempt to reduce manpower from 97,000 troops to 82,000 by 2015. A further 6,000 soldiers will be lost through natural wastage and recruiting restrictions.

Defence cuts to hit 9,500 Army posts - Telegraph

Happy Christmas!

2. Wow, RE and RLC are to be axed!

Top reporting, retarded Telegraph dudes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

& RA & Cavalry are having their members cut, I hope it isn't too painful.

4. I guess the brown envelope will be on the when I get back from this shit hole next month.

Yo ******* Ho Ho

5. The Romans had a word for that: decimation.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Are the remainder going to beat them all to death then?

Or will they get a big pay out, resettlement etc?

• Like Like x 1
  7. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

And the news story here is what exactly? 82000 base line announced in 2010, future Army structure public last summer. Yawn yawn yawn.

And yes there are still too many infantry in the structure?

8. We seem to be doing alright as the whole of the non deployed Armed Forces have been knocked off for Xmas and New Year.

Sack them all I say ;)

9. Slightly different angle of reporting...how generous the package is and citing a Lt Col's payout

10. I haven't read the news yet today, can anyone tell me if the sun came up this morning?

there are so many errors, inaccuracies, half truths and old news in that article it is difficult to know where to start.

Lazy, lazy journalism

11. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Just ask legs

• Like Like x 1
  12. ...wouldn't class a pension of £24K as particularly generous.

13. I would - Just less than the average wage in perpetuity. Of course, they're all bound to be pulling in much larger salaries as Consultants when they leave. Or so the ones I met on resettlement were confidently predicting...

• Like Like x 3