Defence cuts to hit 9,500 Army posts

Thousands of British soldiers will be told next month that their jobs are at risk as the next wave of Army redundancies is announced.

Around 9,500 posts – one in 10 soldiers – will be cut over the next two years in an attempt to reduce manpower from 97,000 troops to 82,000 by 2015. A further 6,000 soldiers will be lost through natural wastage and recruiting restrictions.

Defence cuts to hit 9,500 Army posts - Telegraph

Happy Christmas!

oldbaldy

LE
Wow, RE and RLC are to be axed!

Top reporting, retarded Telegraph dudes.
& RA & Cavalry are having their members cut, I hope it isn't too painful.

chimera

LE
And the news story here is what exactly? 82000 base line announced in 2010, future Army structure public last summer. Yawn yawn yawn.

And yes there are still too many infantry in the structure?

We seem to be doing alright as the whole of the non deployed Armed Forces have been knocked off for Xmas and New Year.

Sack them all I say ;)

Slightly different angle of reporting...how generous the package is and citing a Lt Col's payout

I haven't read the news yet today, can anyone tell me if the sun came up this morning?

there are so many errors, inaccuracies, half truths and old news in that article it is difficult to know where to start.

Lazy, lazy journalism

I haven't read the news yet today, there are so many errors, inaccuracies, half truths and old news in that article it is difficult to know where to start.

Lazy, lazy journalism
Too true CAARPS. But it doesn't matter whether it's true or not in today's journalism, stories these days are just designed to either score cheap points against an establishment, person, or political party. Or either enrage, strike fear or cause anxiety within the public ranks. Sadly the truth is thrown by the wayside to achieve these goals.

Latest Threads