defence cuts is a career in the army really worth it?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by gruffman1, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was watching the news this morning and it said about even more cuts of personnel from the army and other forces and putting the money in to the reserve forces, like the TA/RAF reserves and the RNR. So I was half way through filling in my application form on the internet to apply for the artillery and I thought is it worth really? I want a career not ******* over by the government the moment I step through the door and made redundant or I may not even get in at all. So honestly is it even worth it or should I go TA as they are pouring money into them like perverts in Thailand.

Gruff

• Like Like x 1
  2. There's commitment for you. Consider suicide.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Do it. Join up. You'll miss the redundancy tranches cos you wont be eligible .

• Like Like x 2
  4. haha suicide is not an option due to children, but on a serious note i was so enthusiastic about signing up and then BOOM i get hit by a shit storm like that. Thanks cameron you cnut

• Like Like x 1
  5. If your having doubts now then dont waste your time or the armys. Join the TA and if you like it then go reg.

They will always need new blokes to replace natural wastage so the odds of being made redundant in your first few years are slim unless you become a waster and get SNLR.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sure you were.

• Like Like x 1
  7. i actually was thats the irony of it i got it saved and all i need now is my national insurence number which i cant seem to pull out my arse for the best of it, but seriously if what you guys are saying that i wont be eligable for it then awsome.

• Like Like x 1
  8. So "gruff" which paper do you write for?

• Like Like x 1
  9. lol really is my english that good?

• Like Like x 1
  10. No, but your question is suspiciously soon after the article in the Telegraph. Try doing research for your articles instead of fishing for quotes on internet forums

• Like Like x 1
  11. Your NI number will be on the pay statement that get from Media Group

• Like Like x 3
  12. lol nah its on my pay slip that i got from doing the shittiest apprenticeship with some shoddy ICT training company getting screwed in the back side by some posh ********* who finks he is gods gift to business and like every cnut under his organisation to like his filthy scrot

• Like Like x 1
  13. On second thoughts, maybe you should consider suicide.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sure it is. Because blokes with your spelling ability are regular users of the word 'irony'. You hear it all the time on council estates.

• Like Like x 1
  15. **** suicide, im not selfish and i actually want to live past 20

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.