Defence Cultural Support Unit

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Retd_crab, Apr 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Attached Files:

2. The report goes on to say “As well as deploying to Afghanistan, the units' personnel will also support cultural training in the wider military and other government departments.”

What the heck does that mean?

Also "The DCSU will sit under Land Forces Theatre Troops with command delegated to 1 Military Intelligence Brigade."

The mind boggles.

3. Anything to do with 1st of April - All Fool's Day?

If this true then Ainsworth should be tortured in public before his emasculation in public preceding his execution in public - all watched by Harman who would then be subject to the same!

PS: Now I have read the article, I take some of the above back. I take back the bit about Harman being emasculated in public - she can be spared that and given as a play-thing to the inmates of Wandsworth Prison in lieu.

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Instead of reporting to MoD, the unit will report directly to Ms H Harmen :p

5. It's about figuring out how to get the locals to play along, and in the process saving British lives. If done correctly this will save a fortune in blood and treasure.

6. Likely pre-deployment training and briefings of MoD, FCO and DfID personel

7. What's the problem? Seem's sensible enough to me. The East India Company went in for this sort of thing hundreds of years ago and it hardly did them any harm did it?

8. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Not wanting to sound churlish but how long have been there and in this COIN business that we seem to be constantly bigging ourselves up on

9. Try Googling ASCOPE or PMESII. Then take a deep breath and suck it up.

10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It staggers me that anyone would think this is a bad idea. Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted. In the modern asymmetric battle space its not good enough to know the geographical environment you need to know the human environment as well.

Puts me in mind of that clown Webb-Carter who declined an invitation to inspect the Info Ops Cell in Banjax because 'PsyOps is not very British'.

11. It must be just you and I then! :D

12. "Hearts and Minds"

• Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  13. Sort of, it is more a case of "Human Terrain Analysis".

14. Every time I post a 'mongish' post, along comes 'parapauk' posting common-sense! It pisses me off! :x