Defence Committee launches web forum on Forces medical care

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by hackle, May 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AT THE TARGET IN FRONT...

...CARRY ON!

This is the chance folks, to put your views forward in a constructive manner.

hopefully they'll listen.

one can but hope.

2. Gotta echo BP20's sentiment. But for those who have yet to follow the link, the closing date on this eConsultation is 11 Jun, so fer Christ's sake get responding to it :!:

DMSD Corporate Comms response (my telecon - five minutes ago) was repleat with 'ers' and 'ums', so it's down to ARRSE'rs, e-Goaters and RumRation'ers to publicise this thing.

I know there are gainsayers who take a 'what's the bluddy point' view of this, but worse case scenario as I see it is that if hardly anybody bothers to post, out of institutional apathy, any good stuff that does get on the eConsultation will be dismissed out of hand as the irrelevant ramblings of a discontented few.

Grip it :!:

3. Clearly I belong to the discontented few - how disappointing :evil:

42 posts when last I looked - it's not enough :!:

4. Why was this Consultation not put out on the National press as well.
    Not all have PC's at home.
    If 42 is all the answers he will get we dont stand a cat in hells chance.

I think this is another of those Whitehall Games they play from time to time.
    Delete Consultation and incert Pasification. (a new word for them to throw about).

Phredd

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Phredd,

tempting as it is to suspect that this is just another Neue Arbeit smoke and mirrors exercise, I can assure you that the folk in DMSD are taking it VERY seriously, not least because it is 100 per cent outside MoD control (honest Injun, Cubs honour, cross my Playtex heart)

Interesting post on the site today:

Don't look now but this site may represent YOUR chance to get your point across......you have until Monday week to make the most of it....the ball, Sir Phredd, is in your court.....

Link here to make life easy !

Crack on feller,

Le Chevre

6. All I'll say about that surgeon's comments is that during WWII the whole country was on a war-footing with almost every family having at least one member in the Armed Forces, almost all the population would have identified themselves on a contemporary census form as white, British and Christian, thus returning servicemen were seen as heroes and treated accordingly.

Contrast that with a serviceman arriving at Selly Oak today, taking into account the very different political / social atmosphere. I've no doubt that there are still many very able and professional medical staff on hand, but I would argue that in the wider sense there is far less understanding of, and in some cases sympathy for, their predicament.

7. We just got an extension - use it!

"In view of the continuing interest in this eConsultation, and in response to some criticism that it has not been publicised as it might be, the Committee has decided to extend the eConsultation until 18 June, to give people as much opportunity as possible to have their say."

8. Goatman

He must have heard me and a multitude of others

Phredd

"In view of the continuing interest in this eConsultation, and in response to some criticism that it has not been publicised as it might be, the Committee has decided to extend the eConsultation until 18 June, to give people as much opportunity as possible to have their say