Defcon 5 Daysacks

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Gust.Avrakotos, Oct 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am in the market for a new, slightly larger daysack and have seen this 'DEFCON 5 EXTREME MODULAR RUCKSACK MULTICAM' on the front page of this link.

USMC

Anyone had any experience with DEFCON 5, it seems very well prices but I don't want something that is going to fall apart whilst on tour, so if this is duff kit I would appreciate any suggestions around the £100 - £150 park.

Gust.

2. Looks superb!
    Go for Multicam. It looks more like MTP than their in house ATP.

3. Its a copy of the camelback BFM you might aswell spend the extra £20 and get a real one

4. Spotter!!
    Or is it anorak??

5. Beat me to it! Definitely a Camelbak clone.

6. Warning!!!!! Shameless plug approaching!

Gust.

For the price range your quoting, why go for something thats been made by a small Asian boy earning a cup of rice a week in some far east sweatshop? (unless your Gary Glitter?)

Drop me a PM and we'll sort you out with something that exactly meets your usage requirements, tailored to suit your measurements and made to specs that far exceed any issue standards...

Ask yourself.... "why wear a cheap Tescos suit, when you can have Saville Row" :)

7. PM sent :D

8. PM back at you ;)

9. Alternatively why not just wait until you *actually* go on ops? The new MTP daysacks being issued are based on the bowman/mortar daysack design with even better back and shoulder strap support, and are toppers with molle loops all over.

Why blokes are still buying kit when we're being issued top quality operational kit for the 1st time in ever is beyond me.

10. Correct me if am mistaken but aren't the issue bags made by Karrimor? Don't they get made in a Far Eastern country near Haiphong.

11. Because you now wear Osprey on PDT and most bods like to train with the kit they will actually use on Op's, you dont get the black bag until about 3 weeks before you deploy.

12. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

And you probably have to hand it back in when you get back anyway.

13. (Fixed that for you!)
    And let's not forget that Osprey is still cheaply made and badly designed with a frankly CRAP set of closure methods!!