Deer Stalking

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by ugly, Apr 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Deer stalking accompanied outings now available £85 per person. This includes rifle and ammunition. Bookings being taken now for Sussex, weekdays and weekends although weekdays are proving more fruitful.
    A shooting test is required to be passed before live deer can be shot.
    We also provide training courses recognised by the Police for FAC applicants and those FAC holders requiring deer stalker training.
    Cost of a 2 day course is £300 (discounts for small groups) the course includes training material, 2 live stalks and a practical and written test. full training is given.
    Roebucks are currently in season and will be for a while;
    [​IMG]

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I took the advantage of an accompanied stalk for an experienced stalker last night to take little Ugly out with me, he carried his 7.62 x 39 and although we were very close to deer they were only Fallow.
    [​IMG]
    Even so the little left hooker managed to totally gut a bunny by 7.62;
    [​IMG]

3. I'm interested :)

I didn't make it to Bisley for the NSRA meet (obviously) as my brother selfishly had his stag do that weekend! I'd paid for rounds too!

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

We are taking bookings for both weekends and mid week introductory and training stalks.

5. Do you have a website that I can book through? Need to check my diary. Is tweed mandatory, as sadly I don't own any.

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

TCS Woodlands.com but it doesnt take bookings it has an email form, you could just PM me with some dates!
    Look on my sig line!

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

An arrser, I dont know his online name came down this weekend, brought a mate as a birthday treat. I'm very sad to say that despite missing a trophy roebuck he is hooked. Thanks fellas, a long and hard weekend and harder for you, I hope you have a safe journey back. I certainly enjoyed myself.

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

See you on Wednesday buddy!

Got most of me kit - knife, ammo, rifle, scope, belt-order, first aid kit, camera, gloves, plasticuffs (small), wipes, hat, dpm gear, boots (as it's going to be soaking out there), note-pad, pen and some good ear defenders too.

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ok, roll along to mine for noon ish or pm or even call to discuss. Have you sorted that scope yet?

10. Are you going stalking or is it a lynching? ;) Haven't you forgotten the shovel and carpet?

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

We wont need a shovel in this wood, the piggies will see to the remains, besides that clay is rock hard!

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Stalking mate. I only use carpets for disposal of 'accidental' deaths. Lynchings can stay up in the tree as a warning to other chavs.

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Biped is a kit tart, Ugly submits to the court exhibit A;
    [​IMG]

Archer is a deer magnet, we submit exhibit B;
    [​IMG]
    However he very nearly stood on a black Fallow Fawn lying up in the woods this morning. I tried to catch her on film but all I got was a pair of shiny eyes;
    [​IMG]
    Not a bad 2 day course, I need to tailor my exam a bit tighter as I had spread the info over 3 days for both of these and yet the questions caused me problems. Thats the trouble I suppose with using prepared exam papers.
    I was particularly impressed with Archers wood carft/fieldcraft skills.
    Biped, well he's Biped! Typical sniper! :roll:

14. Harris bipod? Oh please...

Show parade with a proper bipod or no bipod is called for methinks! ;)

15. Cheers Ugly,

Good to see you again

Great 2 days, good beer and a decent breakfast.

Be back at the start of August!