Deer Stalking available

ugly

LE
Deer stalking accompanied outings now available £85 per person. This includes rifle and ammunition. Bookings being taken now for Sussex, weekdays and weekends although weekdays are proving more fruitful.
A shooting test is required to be passed before live deer can be shot.
We also provide training courses recognised by the Police for FAC applicants and those FAC holders requiring deer stalker training.
Cost of a 2 day course is £300 (discounts for small groups) the course includes training material, 2 live stalks and a practical and written test. full training is given.
Roebucks are currently in season and will be for a while;

Great for birthday presents. :)

Do you get to keep the meat?

ugly

LE
There is a carcasse fee on some of the estates but not all. I try to keep costs down so no trophy fees normally. If you want the meat and can take it and use it then get on with it!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Apologies if this is a mong question, but going by 'the only stupid question is the one you don't ask'

Do you need to hold a FAC already?

ugly

LE
No as long as you are not barred in law (custodial sentence) from using firearms then you can use the estate rifle. We have a few so you get to try them before you shoot.
The intro stalks are to give you a taster. The 2 day course goes into law, id of deer and meat handling and hygene. The gralloch is covered and two stalks are included in the course.
its great value and recognised by the police as training to allow you to apply for an FAC.

ugly

LE
No lower age limit in law although those under 16 would need to be accompanied by an adult from their family. I'm not jumping through CRB hoops so you will need to be with Dad or an Uncle etc unless your mum is fit and likes the great outdoors.
I prefer not to let those under 14 take part as its a case of being able to manage with a centrefire rifle.

I'm interested.
For me and also my son- (14 1/2 but 5ft 9.)
Never shot deer myself and been many years since I used an FAC weapon
Son only air rifles
What are the joining instructions?
Where are you?- I'm Canterbury
Regards
Richard

ugly

LE
Archer, PM sent, if you act quickly I can set something up for both of you!

ugly said:
No lower age limit in law although those under 16 would need to be accompanied by an adult from their family. I'm not jumping through CRB hoops so you will need to be with Dad or an Uncle etc unless your mum is fit and likes the great outdoors.
I prefer not to let those under 14 take part as its a case of being able to manage with a centrefire rifle.
I understand that CRB checks now apply for all under 18. For your information.

ugly

LE
Yes so they will need to be accompanied by an adult.

ugly

LE
We do a truncated intro to stalking course, best part of a day, vids and practical id work, range work and a stalk. Cost is £85 limited offer to arrssers as its only running as a trial.

ugly

LE
The trial is for novices interested in stalking. I run 1/3 of a day training followed by a range test and an evening stalk. I will possibly run this through the summer as we have Roebucks available untill november and Fallow start again in August.
We have problems with the Fallow and now Muntjac sre starting to make their prescence felt.
I figure on running the intro course till September. I will run this on a day convenient to both parties but weekdays are ok at the moment. The full 2 day course usually runs on a Friday and saturday but I can bring that a day forward as well. The two day course gets training materials, 2 stalks, practical fieldcraft and a test with a pass certificate for those able to pass.
This course is enough to convince the police that you have received the training necessary to safely stalk and we follow this up with assesments in your first year!

ugly

LE
I'll consider it an open offer then!

ugly

LE
Thats ok, I have the first run at this short intro this friday, an arrsser and his son! It should be good and even if the weather breaks I'm sure we'll see plenty of sign.

And here is the debrief.

If you have the dosh book a day!- but,
If you think it's a bimble in the woods with a magazine of 5 rounds think again.

Basic training.

Chez Ugly is very easy to find.

The 2 dvds shown are packed with info, and expect DS questions!!
Course handouts are comprehensive.

Ugly gives lots of extra info so "ears open" is a must.

Weapons

Training is thorough and here is a word of warning.
You might think you were s*it hot with a rifle but..

I shoot rabbits with an air rifle and easily get a 1 inch group at 30 yards.

With an IW I always got the "targets will fall when hit" badge- 20 years ago mind.

Yesterday I realised I'd lost most of those skills and had to relearn them.

The Stalk.

Loaded rifle together with observation and movement.
Magic!!
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
4 steps in and I was back 30 years.

Off to a high seat and it was watch and shoot, watch and shoot.

Taking the shot.

Ok, I never got to take it.
Not Uglys' fault,
Just a no show from the deer.

Conclusion

A great day out, lots to learn and enjoy,
A chance to remember when.....

And I'm going back- together with mini Archer- in August for another stalk

So hats off to Ugly for a well organised day and many thanks.

Archer and mini Archer