Deer Stalking available

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by ugly, Apr 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Deer stalking accompanied outings now available £85 per person. This includes rifle and ammunition. Bookings being taken now for Sussex, weekdays and weekends although weekdays are proving more fruitful.
    A shooting test is required to be passed before live deer can be shot.
    We also provide training courses recognised by the Police for FAC applicants and those FAC holders requiring deer stalker training.
    Cost of a 2 day course is £300 (discounts for small groups) the course includes training material, 2 live stalks and a practical and written test. full training is given.
    Roebucks are currently in season and will be for a while;
    [​IMG]
    Great for birthday presents. :)

2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Do you get to keep the meat?

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There is a carcasse fee on some of the estates but not all. I try to keep costs down so no trophy fees normally. If you want the meat and can take it and use it then get on with it!

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Apologies if this is a mong question, but going by 'the only stupid question is the one you don't ask'

Do you need to hold a FAC already?

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No as long as you are not barred in law (custodial sentence) from using firearms then you can use the estate rifle. We have a few so you get to try them before you shoot.
    The intro stalks are to give you a taster. The 2 day course goes into law, id of deer and meat handling and hygene. The gralloch is covered and two stalks are included in the course.
    its great value and recognised by the police as training to allow you to apply for an FAC.

6. That's not deer stalking, that's CQB!

7. I think I may now know who killed Bambi.

8. With a neck shot.

9. Whats the age limit on this 21?

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No lower age limit in law although those under 16 would need to be accompanied by an adult from their family. I'm not jumping through CRB hoops so you will need to be with Dad or an Uncle etc unless your mum is fit and likes the great outdoors.
    I prefer not to let those under 14 take part as its a case of being able to manage with a centrefire rifle.

11. I'm interested.
    For me and also my son- (14 1/2 but 5ft 9.)
    Never shot deer myself and been many years since I used an FAC weapon
    Son only air rifles
    What are the joining instructions?
    Where are you?- I'm Canterbury
    Regards
    Richard

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Archer, PM sent, if you act quickly I can set something up for both of you!

13. I understand that CRB checks now apply for all under 18. For your information.

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Yes so they will need to be accompanied by an adult.

15. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

That sounds amazing, I wish I had £300 kicking around!