"Deer Hunting With Jesus" by Joe Bageant - opinions?

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Wessex_Man, Aug 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Currently reading "Deer Hunting With Jesus", 2007/8, by Joe Bageant (ISBN 978 1 84627 152 6):

interesting, & IMO, quite perceptive study of the "Redneck" mindset which may help to explain why the forthcoming Presidential Election is likely to be far closer than many imagine, & indeed why Obama may not win.

What do others think, esp the American contingent?

2. I've never believed for a moment that Obama could win. Every black politician I've ever seen is either corrupt or incompetent.

3. As opposed to the current US bunch...who aren't corrupt or incompetent ?

4. Will Obama win?

I truthfully hope he does.

However.

He is black.

According to some: a Muslim.

(Breaking news): HE IS NOT.

The damage is already done.

Unless he comes up with some really really really REALLY good talking points he will lose.

We are a funny people after all.

We vote for the guy we would rather have a beer with as opposed to the guy who would balance the economy.....

5. Black politicians have a unique stupidity that even Bush can't match.

6. Really? Would you like to expand on why that is?

7. Do I really need to expand on it for you? Where have you been living? Do you dwell in a suburban honky cocoon?

Here are some of the more retarded homey's.
    Kwame Kilpatrick - Mayor of Detroit - Indicted
    Ray Nagin - Mayor of New Orleans - The Chocolate Mayor
    Marion Barry - Former Mayor of Washington D.C. - Re-elected Crackhead
    Ron Dellums - Mayor of Oakland - Racist, anti-semitic, and anti-American
    Sharpe James - Former Mayor of Newark - Indicted
    Wilson Goode - Former Mayor of Philidelphia - Dropped a bomb on a residential neighborhood.
    Michael A. Nutter - Mayor of Philidelphia - Crime and murder spree on his watch.
    David Dinkins - Former Mayor of New York City - Crime and murder spree on his watch.
    Carol Moseley Braun - Former Senator - Corrupt.
    Maxine Waters - California Representative - Racist, anti-American.
    Cynthia McKinney - Former Georgia Representative and current Green - Party Presidential Candidate - Racist, anti-semitic, anti-American.

Dis' am jus' duh shawt-list of de mos' "famous" niggaz dat got's de powah, yo.

The less said about the brain dead jigaboos and lefty cracka's that voted for them, the better.

8. I'm not a fan of the people you listed, but being black has little to do with their flaws

9. Apparently being a politician was though!

10. No, there are plenty of corrupt and incompetent white liberal's and Democrat's too. :wink:

11. I think frenchy put it best. Politicians in general irk me

12. Why isn't George W on this list? Several residential neighbourhoods have been redecorated at his behest.

13. Because Bush isn't a "knee-grow".

14. Its not waht I set out to do but Wah!

15. Well, anyway...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE