Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Aunty Stella, Oct 30, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I see the civvies have (rightly so) got very interested in "Deepcut" after the extraordinary amount of "suicides".

Gotta wonder, is it possible to shoot yourself in the head twice with an assault rifle. Surely on single you’d be dead after round 1 and on auto your head would disappear?

Then again, if it was an SA80 Mk1, it probably jammed after the second round.

Any opinions out there?

As an outsider who didn't leave that long ago and suffered 0 actual or attempted suicides (not my own suicide, of course) during my 9 years, I must admit that this looks very, very, very, incredibly suspect.

I foresee interviews with no coffee, no biscuits and a term in the glasshouse following
  2. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

See thread on same subject in RLC forum.
  3. Where is the RLC forum?
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  4. X amount of deaths in X years and they were all 'suicide' by shooting,sumthing sumwhere doesnt smell right.
    I'm sure that I read one or all the rifles were set to auto. One shot to the head yes but several rounds to the head?
    How did the body hold and fire the rifle for several rounds?
    I hope the families get the truth in the end.
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 4
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  5. Is this a record for thread awakening? 14 years??
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. Go away Mr Journalist. Maybe one of the Mods could lock this?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Why it news today - therefore current

• Like Like x 1
  8. Because there's plenty of threads about it already and @woopert has already provided a link.
  9. Try firing less than 2 shots on full auto....
  10. Stoppage!!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

You are Frank Swann and I claim my £250 prize.
  12. Multiple rounds being fired in suicides on auto are regrettably not completely unknown.