Deepcut to close - OFFICIAL

Deepcut/Leconfield: Under the Metrix proposal logistics training at Deepcut is due for relocation to a new build facility at St Athan by the end of the transition phase. Under METRIX proposals HQ DRLC, the RLC Museum and Band will also move to St Athan. Driver training is planned to remain at Leconfield as a DTR satellite site
there we have it....official!

goon_bde said:
Deepcut/Leconfield: Under the Metrix proposal logistics training at Deepcut is due for relocation to a new build facility at St Athan by the end of the transition phase. Under METRIX proposals HQ DRLC, the RLC Museum and Band will also move to St Athan. Driver training is planned to remain at Leconfield as a DTR satellite site
where's St Athan? my google is playing up!

:threaten:

The_Duke

LE
Old airfield near Cardiff. And I doubt that the prices for land for private development will be as expensive in south Wales as they are in the home counties!

Marky5503 said:
goon_bde said:
where's St Athan? my google is playing up!

:threaten:
Go 12 miles SW from Cardiff you'll see it there mate. Forgot how to get the grids and post here.

untallguy

Old-Salt
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
goon_bde said:
Missed a trick here, where's this quoted from?

untallguy said:
goon_bde said:
Swiss Des announcing the results yesterday.

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/D...StatusUnderDefenceTrainingReviewProgramme.htm

pombsen-armchair-warrior said:
Vale of Glamorgan MP John Smith had been "very confident" St Athan would win the bid.

Not surprised he was confident - it had been decided long before it went to the 'ticking boxes' tender process.

PAW
You cynic, you!

Litotes

untallguy

Old-Salt
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
sniper_bob said:
untallguy said:
goon_bde said:
Swiss Des announcing the results yesterday.

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/D...StatusUnderDefenceTrainingReviewProgramme.htm
Thanks, I missed this as whenever Swiss Tony opens his mouth, my narcolepsy kicks in.

People, people, people........

There is a certain amount of gun jumping going on here!!!!!

Whilst Metrix and its consortium have won phase one trg for techies and the like, and whilst they have been announced as the preferred bidder for phase two, there is still uncertainty here!!!!!

Phase two which includes DCLPA and therefore Deepcut has not been cleared as a financially acceptable solution......YET!!! Metrix have to convince the big wigs with the cash that their plan is viable and can be afforded. As such no announcements confirming the closure of Deepcut as the location for this type of trg will be made until the summer.

This is the official party line delivered to all Deepcut personnel by the big chief this week...take it from me, I was there!!!!

However, with all of that said, how much are houses in Cardiff these days??????

RLCQMAN said:
People, people, people........

There is a certain amount of gun jumping going on here!!!!!

Whilst Metrix and its consortium have won phase one trg for techies and the like, and whilst they have been announced as the preferred bidder for phase two, there is still uncertainty here!!!!!

Phase two which includes DCLPA and therefore Deepcut has not been cleared as a financially acceptable solution......YET!!! Metrix have to convince the big wigs with the cash that their plan is viable and can be afforded. As such no announcements confirming the closure of Deepcut as the location for this type of trg will be made until the summer.

This is the official party line delivered to all Deepcut personnel by the big chief this week...take it from me, I was there!!!!

However, with all of that said, how much are houses in Cardiff these days??????
Well with Movement Control training likely to move to RAF Brize Norton; dependent upon the outcome of Project Quatara (SIC). This only leaves Postal & Courier, Pioneer and Supply training at Deepcut (ok Command Wing is there too but this could move anywhere really). They are locked in contracts now for likely re-location so there is not a great deal of doubt is there?

The recent build of civilian housing on Alma/Dettingen proved popular and PRB is on a prime site. This added to the popularity of the location :skull: suggests it is just a matter of time...

Latest Threads