Deepcut revisited

Picked up on this from the BBC.
It's never going to go away and I for one have a very macabre interest as to exactly the extent of the entry/exit wounds that surely would give an indication if it was possible for "multiple" rounds to have been fired by the poor soul who died.
Soldier's mother claims son 'murdered'

Picked up on this from the BBC.
It's never going to go away and I for one have a very macabre interest as to exactly the extent of the entry/exit wounds that surely would give an indication if it was possible for "multiple" rounds to have been fired by the poor soul who died.
Soldier's mother claims son 'murdered'
Automatic, two rounds?

Sad, very sad. I feel for the witnesses that will have to go through it all again....and anger that some will be making money and infamy off the back of it.

I'm looking at you Frank Swann - forensic firearms 'expert'.

Has the Swann finally flown the nest?

The last 90 page thread on the matter:

A new Deepcut report - published today
Forgive me for reposting a post I made a while ago but the relevant links are in there and explain fully how the families have been misled by self proclaimed 'ballistic experts'

Will they be allowed another one till they get the result they want?
I've followed these cases for years and I feel such sorrow for the families whose pain is being dragged out by schyster lawyers and faux forensic 'experts' promising hope. The MoD haven't covered themselves in glory either and the Deepcut 'management' deserve all the criticism they get.

rudi

Old-Salt
They will all start to rat each other out , I feel sorry for the families having to battle this for so long

rudi

Old-Salt
The fucktards that were supposed to be in charge, someone WILL come out with the truth even if it is to try and save their own skins

The fucktards that were supposed to be in charge, someone WILL come out with the truth even if it is to try and save their own skins
So suicide isn't the truth?

He committed suicide. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest foul play. The management failed to look after the young men and women in their charge, that's the only scandal here.

Big enough scandal and the hammer wasn't dropped on the on scumbags.
Who thought their bullying regime was, "toughining" up recuits forgetting they weren't exactly hardened teeth arm combat vets themselves.
rmp surprise dropped a bollox

Big enough scandal and the hammer wasn't dropped on the on scumbags.
Who thought their bullying regime was, "toughining" up recuits forgetting they weren't exactly hardened teeth arm combat vets themselves.
rmp surprise dropped a bollox
Reading between the lines, you haven't got a fcuking clue.
The RMP were nowhere near this case. All deaths in the UK are the responsibility of the constabulary.
The welfare of the young men and women were the issue here, so wind your half witted neck in.

ETA: The RMP played a minor role in these cases that were 'handed off' as suicides, by the civil police. Their role would have been to deal with the case from then on, as a 'sudden death', requiring little more than dealing with the case administratively.

Last edited:
The Deepcut Review by Jonathan Blake QC is readily available online and having read it I'm satisfied that it pretty much says all that needs to be said about the whole sorry saga. Why the families have such a problem in accepting its conclusions I really can't understand but that's grief for you I suppose, and of course they've been led astray and give false hope over the years by shysters and people who should know better.
It's conclusion? In short, four totally unrelated suicides spread over a period of five years, and it demolishes all of the idiotic conspiracy theories so beloved of the 'bloids and the web

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/228930/0795.pdf

Reading between the lines, you haven't got a fcuking clue.
The RMP were nowhere near this case. All deaths in the UK are the responsibility of the constabulary.
The welfare of the young men and women were the issue here, so wind your half witted neck in.
Read the Blake review and note the various ref's to the RMP, which indicates they did have some involvement.

wilfred

War Hero
This is purely my own opinion and I don't speak for anyone else.

I have come to know the parents of Cheryl James, Des and Doreen over the years. I've met the other families but I don't know them so well. Des' politics is more than a little to the left of what I'm comfortable with and Doreen just doesn't like me but you can't have everything in life. I have the dubious honour of being at Deepcut in 1995 though thankfully not involved with the complete fucked up circus around those phase 2 soldiers.

Des and Doreen's problem is the complete lack of an impartial investigation and the rush to call it a suicide even while her body was still warm. What appeared to be collusion between the Army and Police to keep information that was embarrassing to the Army hidden from view and a complete lack of accountability for those who allowed the feral and bullying atmosphere exist at Deepcut. They understand that the Army was underfunded and short of staff, unsuitable people were being recruited in a desperate attempt to keep the numbers up but that doesn't excuse the bullying by the staff and the blind eye turned to what the phase 2 soldiers were left to get up to before they were given their postings to the field army.

They believe a significant part of the details in the Blake report are correct but disagree with some.

They know there wasn't a Deepcut sniper but they do believe that their daughter was killed by someone she knew. Someone not involved in the events around Benton or the other two a few years later. I'll leave that point there as I don't have the money to defend myself in a civil prosecution if I were to give anymore detail.

They also are unhappy about the quick portrayal of their daughter as an immature slut in an attempt to divert the focus from what was happening at Deepcut. They understand she was an attractive young woman who liked sex and enjoying herself. When I was her age on my first posting in Germany I had an almost permanent hangover and got my dick wet every chance I could like all young people.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is purely my own opinion and I don't speak for anyone else.

I have come to know the parents of Cheryl James, Des and Doreen over the years. I've met the other families but I don't know them so well. Des' politics is more than a little to the left of what I'm comfortable with and Doreen just doesn't like me but you can't have everything in life. I have the dubious honour of being at Deepcut in 1995 though thankfully not involved with the complete fucked up circus around those phase 2 soldiers.

Des and Doreen's problem is the complete lack of an impartial investigation and the rush to call it a suicide even while her body was still warm. What appeared to be collusion between the Army and Police to keep information that was embarrassing to the Army hidden from view and a complete lack of accountability for those who allowed the feral and bullying atmosphere exist at Deepcut. They understand that the Army was underfunded and short of staff, unsuitable people were being recruited in a desperate attempt to keep the numbers up but that doesn't excuse the bullying by the staff and the blind eye turned to what the phase 2 soldiers were left to get up to before they were given their postings to the field army.

They believe a significant part of the details in the Blake report are correct but disagree with some.

They know there wasn't a Deepcut sniper but they do believe that their daughter was killed by someone she knew. Someone not involved in the events around Benton or the other two a few years later. I'll leave that point there as I don't have the money to defend myself in a civil prosecution if I were to give anymore detail.

They also are unhappy about the quick portrayal of their daughter as an immature slut in an attempt to divert the focus from what was happening at Deepcut. They understand she was an attractive young woman who liked sex and enjoying herself. When I was her age on my first posting in Germany I had an almost permanent hangover and got my dick wet every chance I could like all young people.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
In effect the sex slur backfired, the press loved it it sold papers, nobody gave a hoot for NOK

Des and Doreen's problem is the complete lack of an impartial investigation and the rush to call it a suicide even while her body was still warm. What appeared to be collusion between the Army and Police to keep information that was embarrassing to the Army hidden from view and a complete lack of accountability for those who allowed the feral and bullying atmosphere exist at Deepcut.
I'd say it's far more likely that any reluctance to divulge certain details was in an attempt to avoid causing distress to the family, and I really can't imagine the Police colluding with the Army to hide anything, especially just to spare the Army's embarassment.

They understand that the Army was underfunded and short of staff, unsuitable people were being recruited in a desperate attempt to keep the numbers up but that doesn't excuse the bullying by the staff and the blind eye turned to what the phase 2 soldiers were left to get up to before they were given their postings to the field army.
I don't think that bullying by staff was a factor in any of the deaths, but the boredom, uncertainty, lack of purpose and most of all the lack of supervision in comparison with Phase 1 training, almost certainly was.

To be perfectly blunt and meaning no disrespect to them, but that's just nonsense. There's not a shred of credible evidence to support it whereas all the evidence points to suicide. You'd have had to have access to almost Mossad-levels of skill and professionalism carry out such a murder AND get away with it, and for what?

They also are unhappy about the quick portrayal of their daughter as an immature slut in an attempt to divert the focus from what was happening at Deepcut. They understand she was an attractive young woman who liked sex and enjoying herself.
Personally, I was unaware of her romantic involvements until I read the Blake Report, I certainly didn't read or hear anything about in the press or other media prior to that?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd say it's far more likely that any reluctance to divulge certain details was in an attempt to avoid causing distress to the family, and I really can't imagine the Police colluding with the Army to hide anything, especially just to spare the Army's embarassment.

I don't think that bullying by staff was a factor in any of the deaths, but the boredom, uncertainty, lack of purpose and most of all the lack of supervision in comparison with Phase 1 training, almost certainly was.

To be perfectly blunt and meaning no disrespect to them, but that's just nonsense. There's not a shred of credible evidence to support it whereas all the evidence points to suicide. You'd have had to have access to almost Mossad-levels of skill and professionalism carry out such a murder AND get away with it, and for what?

Personally, I was unaware of her romantic involvements until I read the Blake Report, I certainly didn't read or hear anything about in the press or other media prior to that?
Agreed, the idea that it’s all a big cover up is obviously attractive to grieving relatives who want answers other than their loved ones committed suicide, but that just doesn’t make it so. I’ve been involved in the aftermath of several suicides and invariably the sad facts are both incontrovertible and deeply unpalatable to families.