Deepcut revisited

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Charm_City, Mar 25, 2014.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 2
  1. The place was a first class shit hole led by disinterested officers & SNCO's & bullying JNCO's, with a distasteful hierarchy amongst the longer serving recruits. What more do they need to look into?

Everytime I went there on a course, I was shocked how de-moralised and chaotic the place was. Feral recruits left to fester 'awaiting a course' at Leconsfield or elsewhere, just turning to drug and alcohol abuse, bullying of younger/junior recruits and huge prevalence in AWOL cases.

Being Guard Commander at Deepcut to several recruits who weren't allowed to handle weapons due to one outstanding (substance abuse) charge or another didn't feel me with optimism to the future of the Corps.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Had a good WRAC block though

• Like Like x 1
  3. Which most of the JNCO instructors used as a personal sexual fiefdom

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Well that's the Driver trade for you.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Some had bigger bollocks than me!

6. Dare I say that some lawyers have been making money from this scam for 20 years now. Lazy journalism has also helped perpetuate myths - similar problems were experience elsewhere but who the hell wants to travel all the way to North Yorkshire to take a few snaps of ITC Catterick.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. If that was aimed at me Ding, I was never a Driver.

Honk Honk!

8. How did you find that out?

9. Why would I aim to insult you individually when I can insult several thousand in the same space?

Besides I'd never insult the brethren of stacker1.

10. You could do, but you'd have a mighty confusing argument on your hands

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  11. Come on lads. We all know what happened. Why rake over the coals, surely we can let it go?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Gout Man

Gout Man LE Book Reviewer

Four deaths at the same establishment in seven years?

I don't know the details of the cases and from what I've read neither did the coroners court who delivered the open verdict.

So what I'm saying is just put aside the arguments of wether these individuals were murdered or not. The actual running of that establishment must have been atrociously bad for this to have happened, I mean to say the majority on here have been through basic training and many years ago it was extremely hard and beasting, bullying call if what you want was very prevalent. However as far as I'm aware no one committed suicide at The Guards Depot, or was murdered, and without doing a major search on the web I can't off the top of my head think of any other Army establishment where this sort of thing has happened.
    Yes that young lady from the RMP committed suicide but I'm talking about Deepcut and the way it must have been ran.
    How many CO's were there during his period? The discipline must have been non existent for there have to been such an atmosphere where four young people committed suicide or worse.
    It truly is a sorry state of affairs.

• Like Like x 10
  13. Gout Man

Gout Man LE Book Reviewer

Do we? I thought we knew what happened at Hillsborough.

• Like Like x 3