Deepcut - Report made public.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by vvaannmmaann, May 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This was a flawed investigation into the circumstances surrounding 4 suicides, full stop.
  2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

And your comments are based on what exactly?
  3. Search this site for the name Frank Swann & see for yourself...
  4. Time to get on the bus again, time to trawl through all the old criticism.........

It is well past time to put a close to this.

5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I was wondering why you thought this investigation was flawed though?

But lets be honest, the families will never be satisfied until they are told what they want to believe, that it wasn't suicide.

Unfortunately nobody gives a monkeys chuff - this is ancient history now, I couldn't even be arrsed to look up the swan bloke, as to be honest I couldn't care less.
  6. Is the report available anywhere? Has anyone read it?
  7. My sister was in Collinson's CoC, and one of the last people to speak to him. She was never questioned by the police, or anyone over the matter, above a short statement she gave to the Army. I always thought that a bit odd.
  8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Why did she know something relevant or important? If so why did she not report it to the RMP? Or are you saying we should put are bacofoil helmets on? :D
  9. I'm a third party, and I haven't read the report, but my understanding was the lad in question was reasonably upbeat about his prospects leading up to it. He'd just been sorted to attend a literacy course was feeling generally optimistic about his career. Then day or two before he died he had a letter from his parents stating that they were getting divorced, and he was absolutely devastated. He spoke to her about it. I haven't heard that fact referenced anywhere since.

Edited to add of all the bad stories to come my way over the years from various people the ones coming out of Deepcut have been the absolute worst. I'm glad it's closing, and hope to God such things are only endemic to that place. Particularly those related to being young female soldier posted there for training. Duty of care, my fecking arrse :x
  10. Deepcut shodderly run by different factions who had failed to accept the amalgimation of the forming corps.Was still a dumping ground for the dross as it had been in the days of the RAOC.If sucide why????
  11. I have to respond to your remark, I dont mind capbadge banter but Im ex RAOC/RLC and it does grip my sh1t when someone calls my ex regimental depot as A DUMPING GROUND FOR DROSS that was big slap in the face for many RAOC soldiers who have passed out there in years passed. I have to add, since it became Phase 2 for the RLC, there has been no end of problems

Point some fingers north and ask why too, same dross being dumped there in catterick as well?

THE Ministry of Defence was under increasing pressure last night to hold a public inquiry into a North Yorkshire Army base after it was revealed that another young soldier has been found dead.

Derek Joseph McGregor, 21, of the 24 Medical Squadron, was discovered hanging in his barracks at Catterick Garrison, Europe's biggest Army base.

The Army medic, assigned to the 3 Close Support Medical Regiment, is the seventh soldier to have been found hanged at Catterick since 1997, The Northern Echo can reveal.

Information obtained by the newspaper has also found that a further six soldiers based at the camp have died from gunshots wounds in the past eight years.

Families of dead soldiers are concerned about the high number of deaths as well as reports of bullying and abuse among recruits.

Several soldiers have come forward to say that they have been bullied, including recruit Mark Massey, 18, who claims he was driven to attempt suicide by persistent abuse.

I dont know why some kids commit suicide, who does?, but DROSS...that got me going
  12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

A bit of a ramble there mate, whats your point?
  13. Emptyeye no offence intended and the dross comment was in no way aimed at recruits,however on the staffing side it did seem to have more than it's fair share of dross with no real strength of leadership that became very apparent with the formation of the RLC the period I make my judgment on is 89-02.
  14. Indeed. Staff bomb blasting every weekend leaving only the most junior, idle, sadistic b'stards to look after the recruits and find ways to amuse themselves. Poor leadership and no responsibility.