Deep in the heart of.....

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
" The internal economy of Texas is larger than Australia's entire economic output' "

REALLY ? :scratch:

California has surpassed the UK, and Texas is an economic powerhouse in it's own right.
So this one has to come under the 'Emperors' purview.. Curtis Culwell Center attack.. Dont attack a state probably better armed,more religiously fanatic, and more likely to shoot first,and ask questions later.(And execute You if You survive and answer the questions wrong) Well done Texas....;)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I know the LAPD has a bigger air wing than Belgium - but wasn't aware that the internal biz of Texas was that feckin colossal.

'As a sovereign country (2016), Texas would be the 10th largest economy in the world by GDP (ahead of South Korea and Canada)

Texas is one of the seven states of the United States with no personal state income tax. In addition, Texas does not allow any lower level of government (counties, cities, etc.) to impose an income tax. This means that, for the residents of Texas, the maximum rate of income taxation is the top rate set by the US Government. Businesses, except for sole proprietorships and partnerships, are subject to a gross margins tax.[29] '

Every day a college day on Arrse.

Churchill wanted the US in the second one as early as possible, just for manufacturing output, and quoted that even Texas alone could produce more than all of France.

Churchill wanted the US in the second one as early as possible, just for manufacturing output, and quoted that even Texas alone could produce more than all of France.
But in 1939-40 the French comparison isn't a flattering one given the state of their industrial output, and after that time the whole issue is a moot one.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
..Might have been a different story if his much revered Mama had been French :)

I know the LAPD has a bigger air wing than Belgium - but wasn't aware that the internal biz of Texas was that feckin colossal.
I drove past their building a few times and was always a bit impressed by them landing their wockas on the roof.

'As a sovereign country (2016), Texas would be the 10th largest economy in the world by GDP (ahead of South Korea and Canada)
I am effectively a Texan as I got the septic citizenship in Dallas and live still live there. Texarrse is fcuking humungous as far as business is concerned more and more people arrive every day in Texarrse to fill jobs ...... a couple of years ago the chamber of commerce told me they were officially logging 10,000 new arrivals in Texas every week.

You need to look at the reasons why though:

1. The northeast is dying a slow laborious death - it is like a boxer doing a standing count, he's out, but doesn't know it. The only thing keeping it going is New York City and the overspill from that. New York taxes are a piss taking joke.

2. California, just ask @SOCALSapper , he will tell you: California, whilst it has successful businesses, has politicians who do not know how to balance a budget, control spending, or do joined up planning. So, whilst there are lots of rich corporates, the local authorities are piss poor to bankrupt. Add to that the fact that as far as social security and welfare payouts go california is like a stupid uncle who gives away his money so all the poor and destitute move there to be poor in the sunshine.

California along with its poor management suffers from wild fires and earthquakes. And, the big one is overdue. When it comes along California, it is estimated, will be offline for anything up to three years before it reaches present performance levels. Therefore corporates are leaving to ensure that they do not suffer disasterous consequences down the road.

Dallas has seen the relocation of over 6000 staff from the Toyota HQ in California, they shut California and moved to Dallas. They paid relocation and moving expenses to everyone who wanted to re-locate regardless of job and grade. Many of the banks are opening secondary locations here, Charles Schwab and Fidelity have opened huge operating centres and the list goes on. We have numerous Texas Instrument factories, HP, NTT and are very much on the short list for @mazons mirror HQ.

Go down to Austin and take a drive around and you would think you were driving around Silicon Valley with all the household name IT corporate office buildings down there - all secondary and mirror sites for California.

There is a huge infrastructure program underway,roads are being built, widened, rail services being built, renewed, extended and updated with planning for a high speed rail link to join Dallas/Houston/Austin.

Texas is one of the seven states of the United States with no personal state income tax. In addition, Texas does not allow any lower level of government (counties, cities, etc.) to impose an income tax. This means that, for the residents of Texas, the maximum rate of income taxation is the top rate set by the US Government. Businesses, except for sole proprietorships and partnerships, are subject to a gross margins tax.[29] '
Every day a college day on Arrse.
The income tax thing is a bit of a mis-direct to make people feel good. If you actually look at the nuts and bolts of the expense of running a State you need money - so Texas has some of the highest property tax rates in the USA. My last house cost me around $20,000 a year in property tax - a similar value house I lived in up in Pennsylvania cost me $6000 a year. Add the Pennsylvania state income tax to the pennsylvania property tax and it still totalled around $20K. You can do the maths for most states and will come out at around +/- 20% within the same figure.

I was chatting with a construction engineer a couple of weeks ago and he said to me "I love Dallas I earn the same as a doctor here at the moment". Probably true as there is so much building going on that qualifieds are in short supply and they can more or less ask what they want.

I have said and still maintain: If you have any commonsense you have to try very hard not to make money in Texas.

Last edited:
I drove past their building a few times and was always a bit impressed by them landing their wockas on the roof.

I am effectively a Texan as I got the septic citizenship in Dallas and live still live there. Texarrse is fcuking humungous as far as business is concerned more and more people arrive every day in Texarrse to fill jobs ...... a couple of years ago the chamber of commerce told me they were officially logging 10,000 new arrivals in Texas every week.

You need to look at the reasons why though:

1. The northeast is dying a slow laborious death - it is like a boxer doing a standing count, he's out, but doesn't know it. The only thing keeping it going is New York City and the overspill from that. New York taxes are a piss taking joke.

2. California, just ask @SOCALSapper , he will tell you: California, whilst it has successful businesses, has politicians who do not know how to balance a budget, control spending, or do joined up planning. So, whilst there are lots of rich corporates, the local authorities are piss poor to bankrupt. Add to that the fact that as far as social security and welfare payouts go california is like a stupid uncle who gives away his money so all the poor and destitute move there to be poor in the sunshine.

California along with its poor management suffers from wild fires and earthquakes. And, the big one is overdue. When it comes along California, it is estimated, will be offline for anything up to three years before it reaches present performance levels. Therefore corporates are leaving to ensure that they do not suffer disasterous consequences down the road.

Dallas has seen the relocation of over 6000 staff from the Toyota HQ in California, they shut California and moved to Dallas. They paid relocation and moving expenses to everyone who wanted to re-locate regardless of job and grade. Many of the banks are opening secondary locations here, Charles Schwab and Fidelity have opened huge operating centres and the list goes on. We have numerous Texas Instrument factories, HP, NTT and are very much on the short list for @mazons mirror HQ.

Go down to Austin and take a drive around and you would think you were driving around Silicon Valley with all the household IT corporate office buildings down there - all secondary and mirror sites for California.

There is a huge infrastructure program underway,roads are being built, widened, rail services being built, renewed, extended and updated with planning for a high speed rail link to join Dallas/Houston/Austin.

The income tax thing is a bit of a mis-direct to make people feel good. If you actually look at the nuts and bolts of the expense of running a State you need money - so Texas has some of the highest property tax rates in the USA. My last house cost me around $20,000 a year in property tax - a similar value house I lived in up in Pennsylvania cost me $6000 a year. Add the Pennsylvania state income tax to the pennsylvania property tax and it still totalled around $20K. You can do the maths for most states and will come out at around +/- 20% within the same figure.

I was chatting with a construction engineer a couple of weeks ago and he said to me "I love Dallas I earn the same as a doctor here at the moment". Probably true as there is so much building going on that qualifieds are in short supply and they can more or less ask what they want.

I have said and still maintain: If you have any commonsense you have to try very hard not to make money in Texas.
And thats only LAPD's air wing - L.A sheriffs has its own airwing (several Sea kings/pumas and the same ones LAPD uses) and so does the LAFD & LBPD!

With regards to the rest of your post - pretty much spot on. The CA government is a disaster and i am always surprised at how much money the residents are willing to pony up to live here. CA is the number one highly taxed state in the nation ( higher gas prices than Hawaii and we sit on a lot of oil and refineries...) And more new taxes coming.

We also have a third of the nations homeless...

The scale of the u.s is hard to comprehand for a lot of the world - it can take three hours to drive one way across L.A and when I left Texas (big mistake) the first day driving to CA was all Texas.

Last edited:
And thats only LAPD's air wing - L.A sheriffs has its own airwing (several Sea kings/pumas and the same ones LAPD uses) and so does the LAFD!

With regards to the rest of your post - pretty much spot on. The CA government is a disaster and i am always surprised at how much money the residents are willing to pony up to live here. CA is the number one highly taxed state in the nation ( higher gas prices than Hawaii and we sit on a lot of oil and refineries...) And more new taxes coming.

We also have a third of the nations homeless...

The scale of the u.s is hard to comprehand for a lot of the world - it can take three hours to drive one way across L.A and when I left Texas (big mistake) the first day driving to CA was all Texas.
The power grid in the US is split into 3 zones: East, West and Texas........seriously!

Texas has the cheapest fuel prices in the USA..........if you are pumping it out of the ground locally you can't really overcharge.

Texas is advertised as "A Whole Other Country". TravelTexas - It's like a WHOLE OTHER COUNTRY You can go from coastal to, grassy, to desert, to mountainous in the space of a day.

Its not full of picturesque villages, or quaint town in the european sense, but you can have a very comfortable life here if you work at it. I went along to 'Cars & Coffee' with the lad last weekend and we clocked 7, or 8 Mclarens, a similar number of Lambo's and Ferraris , poor mans Porkers, and lots of other 'spensive exotica - not bad for a cowboy town;).

The power grid in the US is split into 3 zones: East, West and Texas........seriously!

Texas has the cheapest fuel prices in the USA..........if you are pumping it out of the ground locally you can't really overcharge.

Texas is advertised as "A Whole Other Country". TravelTexas - It's like a WHOLE OTHER COUNTRY You can go from coastal to, grassy, to desert, to mountainous in the space of a day.

Its not full of picturesque villages, or quaint town in the european sense, but you can have a very comfortable life here if you work at it. I went along to 'Cars & Coffee' with the lad last weekend and we clocked 7, or 8 Mclarens, a similar number of Lambo's and Ferraris , poor mans Porkers, and lots of other 'spensive exotica - not bad for a cowboy town;).
CA begs to differ - I live and work with the oil donkeys all over... we still get raped. The local gun forum has a section of people moving and TX is a very popular destination. Apparently Uhaul charges triple for one way trips originating from CA... People with money and means are leaving.

CA begs to differ - I live and work with the oil donkeys all over... we still get raped. The local gun forum has a section of people moving and TX is a very popular destination. Apparently Uhaul charges triple for one way trips originating from CA... People with money and means are leaving.
I just checked that - for the 26 footer.

Temecula, Ca. ------- to --------> Southlake, TX = $3665.

Southlake, TX ------- to --------> Temecula, Ca. = $1099

'uck me!

As I have told you previously there are loadsa Ca cars on the road here.

'uck me!

You are actually better off to drive to Bullhead City, Az to hire one.

'uck me!

Told you ;)