Deemed ineligible to hold a Type B commission

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by GeoffreyBarrack, Apr 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm an ACF instructor and have been for over a year now. Prior to moving to the UK I served with the Reserve Forces at home so I have a decade of experience. Obviously, as I am working with children I had to pass a CRB check etc before I could become fully involved.

After passing my ITC and SAA course I indicated to the Boss that I was interested in going down the commissioned route as I could contribute more at that level. Any way I got the process started back in January and was given the paper work to complete.

In summary, according to the form being a "fenian" was ok however I had to live in the UK for the previous five years. I fell down here however it stated that this requirement could be waived in certain circumstances. I brought this issue to the attention of the CO who directed the query to the appropriate authority.

In the meantime I attended a Pre Westbury course and was recommended to attend the main board, Happy Days!

As the question over eligibility remained unanswered the CO was reluctant to send me to Westbury without first getting a definitive answer but was confident it was merely a formality, fair enough. I just recieved word that this issue was directed to an SO2 at Land HQ who "followed policy" and refused to grant the waiver.

Given the amount of Irish lads from the south who are joining the Army, both as squaddies and officers, and have never spent a day in the UK the decision in my case hardly seems fair as I'm not joining as a Regular Officer, nor will I be serving as a TA officer.

My CO is taking the matter up, however is there a facility to redress the decision should the chain of command fail?

2. Briliant post, well done

3. I wonder if someone posted on the wrong thread?

[​IMG]

4. It was a ******* gash post though. I'm glad S2R bought it my attention - If Robbeus isn't a 12 year-old, he writes like one.