Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Dedicated Russian thread

Yeah, OK. Name a Russian rock band.
Many of them. Most popular are:
  • «Машина времени»;
  • «Пикник»;
  • «Наутилус Помпилиус»;
  • «Агата Кристи»;
  • «Алиса»;
  • «Би-2»;
  • «Сплин»;
  • «Мумий Тролль»;
  • «ДДТ»;
  • «Гражданская оборона»;
  • «Кино»;
  • «Ленинград»;
  • «Крематорий»;
  • «Сектор Газа»;
  • «Король и Шут»;
  • «Моральный кодекс»;
  • «Ария»;
  • «Наив»;
  • «Ногу свело!»;
  • «Кипелов»;
  • «Кукрыниксы»;
  • «Парк Горького»;
  • «Ночные снайперы»;
  • «Пилот»;
  • «СерьГа»;
  • «Тараканы!»;
  • «Чиж и Ко»;
  • «Чайф»;
  • «Ляпис Трубецкой».
A Russian fashion label.
Many of them. Most popular between younsters: «CodeRed», «PeperMilk», «Saint-P Apparel», «Anteater», «G-style», «ZIQ & YONI», «Mono Apparel», «Anteater Clothing», «Питерский Щит», «Ларусс», «Urals», «Taboon comoon», «Last skin», «МЕЧ CLOTHING», «TAIGA ORIGINAL», «SKILLS WEAR», «TRUDE», «AGNI», «Trailhead», «FICTION WEAR», «Underground atelier Krakatau», «The Underlocals», «Муравьед», «Bat Norton» «Хармс», «ВОЛЧОК».

A Russian fast car.
Many of them. Starting from track "Kamaz" (who regularry win Paris-Daccar race) and finish with supercar Marusya.

Now you. Call me any British Rock-opera compative with "Yunona and Avos"? Call me any British ICBM. Call me any British film with a tank attack scene compatible with "Inhabitated Island". Call me British torpedo with the nuclear warhead. Call me any British fliing bike.

Something like Hoverbike S3. Now its a mere toy, but in the closest future it will be useful thing.

Hmm. Take a look at this vodka fuelled mayhem then tell me how sensible it is to mount Russians on flying jet-sk lawn mowers? One struggles with "Russians" and " Useful things" being used in the same sentence.

Hmm. Take a look at this vodka fuelled mayhem then tell me how sensible it is to mount Russians on flying jet-sk lawn mowers? One struggles with "Russians" and " Useful things" being used in the same sentence.
Ha! Looks like, that there are no things faster than race-pigs in your village.
Russia is not UK, you know.

Aye, right you are son.

My Mummy died when I was only 5 years old.
Daddy ran away to sea with a bloke I'm told.
My sister is a prostitute.
My brothers doing life in jail.
But, it could have been worse
I could have been born a Russian.
He-he-he. Do you want to know how Russians see Brits? Something like this:

Do you want to know how Russians see Brits?

Yeah. Once I have wormed the cats and topped up the oil on my Land Rover Defender HCPU transfer box then sorted the damp invasion on the bottom of the west wing and then the cake 'n bake thing I have agreed to do tomorrow morning for a fund raiser for our village community centre / pilates gym then caught our butcher for the steak 'n kidney pie I plan for our dinner guests tomorrow night and then mow the lawns then yeah....

I would love to hear how Russians see us Brits.

Actually, er. Nah. See us how you want. I couldn't give a rats.

Land Rover Defender? Pretty good name for the saddled pig.
07-12-36-09-53.jpg

Norway detains Russian man over suspected illegal intelligence activities: police | Reuters
Oh, those Russians... Norway has apparently arrested a Russian citizen on suspicion of illegal intelligence activities. He’d reportedly recently attended a seminar at the Norwegian Parliament on digitalisation. He’ll be held for two weeks due to the risk of evidence destruction:
The Norwegian Police has detained a Russian citizen on suspicion of illegal intelligence activities, police said on Sunday.

The man was detained at Oslo airport on Friday night and would be held for two weeks due to the risk of destruction of evidence, police told Reuters.

The man had attended a seminar this week on digitalization in the Norwegian Parliament.

Norway detains Russian man over suspected illegal intelligence activities: police | Reuters
Oh, those Russians... Norway has apparently arrested a Russian citizen on suspicion of illegal intelligence activities. He’d reportedly recently attended a seminar at the Norwegian Parliament on digitalisation. He’ll be held for two weeks due to the risk of evidence destruction:
He-he-he. Did you wrote about Norwegian spy, arrested in Moscow a few months ago? If 'no' - why? If 'yes' - what was your comment?

Probably this story is meant
Norwegian detainee in Russia was courier for spy service: lawyer | Reuters
A Norwegian man suspected by Russia of espionage has admitted to being a courier for Norway’s military intelligence, his Norwegian lawyer said on Sunday.

Frode Berg, a retired former guard on the Norwegian-Russian border, has been detained since his arrest in Moscow last December, but had little knowledge of the operation he took part in, Berg’s lawyer Brynjulf Risnes told daily Dagbladet and broadcaster NRK.
Apparently the Norwegians hope to exchange the detained persons.
Dagbladet reported that on his arrest Berg was carrying 3,000 euros ($3,686) in cash, and that police suspected the money would be mailed to a Russian man to pay for information about the country’s nuclear submarine fleet.