Dedicated Russian thread

Surprise, surprise... Though personally I'm not surprised.
It appears that one of leading Pution's propagandists has British citizenship.
So called Russian 'partiot' Sergey Brilev refused to answer direct question of RBC journalist about his British passport.
Навальный рассказал о британском подданстве ведущего «России» Брилева
View attachment 363371
With Putin (Russia's president)
View attachment 363375
With Medvedev (Russia's PM)
View attachment 363372
With Lavrov (Russia's FM).
Interview with Boris
Brilev's wife lives in London where she owns 700,000 Pounds flat.
Putin's 'top propagandist' is a resident in London with a £700,000 property in Chiswick | Daily Mail Online
Born in Cuba and according to Navalny eligible for a British passport. Runs Russia 1. Bit of an embarrassment one of the chief propagandists has such close ties to the U.K.
Sergey Brilev, 46, the anchor for Kremlin-funded Rossiya 1, and his wife Irina Brileva, appear on the British electoral roll, campaigner Alexei Navalny said

Brilev was formerly a Russian TV correspondent based in Britain and used that position to gain a passport, the campaigner claimed

Open sources in London show Brilev's charity worker wife Irina bought a West London apartment valued at £700,000 in 2016

Putin's 'top propagandist' is a resident in London with a £700,000 property in Chiswick | Daily Mail Online
Born in Cuba and according to Navalny eligible for a British passport. Runs Russia 1. Bit of an embarrassment one of the chief propagandists has such close ties to the U.K.
It seems to me that now you understand how Putin's propagandists look. There are Crooks and Thieves at power in Russia and they hire as propagandists ... whom? patriots? No, of course. The Thieves hire Crooks as propagandists.
I proudly position myself as Russian patriot and so I can not be Putin's propagandist.

It seems to me that now you understand how Putin's propagandists look. There are Crooks and Thieves at power in Russia and they hire as propagandists ... whom? patriots? No, of course. The Thieves hire Crooks as propagandists.
I’m not sure someone who has property in another country can not be called a patriot. After all, many ex pats are proudly British.
I proudly position myself as Russian patriot and so I can not be Putin's propagandist.
You’re saying if you had $M’s offshore and enjoyed living abroad you wouldn’t buy somewhere abroad? Especially if you had an expensive wife? I would.

There is a complete lack of logic in that statement. Apart from anything else, you have defined a propagandist as a crook and thief. Bit dodgy that for such a highly intelligent person as yourself.

You also unfailingly follow the Moscow propaganda line so are in fact a Kremlin propagandist.

I think you need to do a bit of re definition there, Sergei et al.

Surprise, surprise... Though personally I'm not surprised.
It appears that one of leading Putin's propagandists has British citizenship.
So called Russian 'partiot' Sergey Brilev refused to answer direct question of RBC journalist about his British passport.
Навальный рассказал о британском подданстве ведущего «России» Брилева
View attachment 363371
With Putin
View attachment 363375
With Medvedev (Russia's PM)
View attachment 363372
With Lavrov (Russia's FM).
Interview with Boris
Brilev's wife lives in London where she owns 700,000 Pounds flat.
£700k will just about buy a bedsit in Putney these days, or a 3 bed terrace in Leytonstone.

Hardly luxurious living...

You appear all too ready to promote the Putin line every time Russia is caught with its pants down & masturbating furiously.

1) There is a complete lack of logic in that statement. 2) Apart from anything else, you have defined a propagandist as a crook and thief. Bit dodgy that for such a highly intelligent person as yourself.

3) You also unfailingly follow the Moscow propaganda line so are in fact a Kremlin propagandist.

I think you need to do a bit of re definition there, Sergei et al.
1) I dare to disagree.
2) You missed an important word "Putin's". I meant namely Putin's propagandists. These people are mostly crooks and some are also thieves. Other Putin's propagandists (minority) are merely morons or/and brainwashed persons.
3) I express my personal views and sometimes they may or may not be similar to the narrative promoted by Putin's agitprop.

Last edited:
Other Putin's propagandists (minority) are merely morons or/and brainwashed persons.
Yes, although not in your cases. You do it for money. All of you. As for the argument you used for 1], it was just to manipulate the idea that you could not be a a propagandist because you are not a crook or a thief.

We have gone way, way beyond that over this last year. You are as others have pointed out, a busted flush

Yes, although not in your cases. (A) You do it for money. (B) All of you. As for the argument you used for 1], it was just to manipulate the idea that you could not be a a propagandist because you are not a crook or a thief.

We have gone way, way beyond that over this last year. You are as others have pointed out, a busted flush
A) I don't receive money for posting on ARRSE or elsewhere
B) I'm just a single person.
As a private person I may or may not agree with some political decisions made by my government.
I sincerely believe that it was in true Russia's national interests not to allow NATO (US) military bases in Crimea even in theory.
But at the same time I'm not sure that swift incorporation of Crimea was right decision. Recognition of independence and full military control would be sufficient.
The Syrian adventure is generally successful but at the same time doubtful. Moscow hasn't resources to compete with Washington in the ME.
As for Salisbury then I don't see more or less plausible scheme of poisoning. Without it allegations remain allegations.

Last edited:
A) I don't receive money for posting on ARRSE or elsewhere
B) I'm just a single person.
As a private person I may or may not agree with some political decisions made by my government.
I sincerely believe that it was in true Russia's national interests not to allow NATO (US) military bases in Crimea even in theory.
But at the same time I'm not sure that swift incorporation of Crimea was right decision. Recognition of independence and full military control would be sufficient.
The Syrian adventure is generally successful but at the same time doubtful. Moscow hasn't resources to compete with Washington in the ME.
As for Salisbury then I don't see more or less plausible scheme of poisoning. Without it allegations remain allegations.
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/syria.161743/page-785#post-8932964
Another example of you failing to budge from the Kremlin line. Yet again, it’s much more fluent than many other posts. Busted flush

One of top Putin's propagandists - mr.Brilev confirmed that he has second British citizenship.
https://www.msn.com/ru-ru/news/russ...итанского-паспорта/ar-BBQ9Xje?ocid=spartanntp
He is a deputy director of major state-run TV channel TV-Russia (one of the most viewed). He is responsible for special (!!!) informational projects.
1543347896586.png

Being an TV anchor he was telling the Russians fairy tales about notorious American and British imperialists - how they try to undermine unity of Russian people, to harm Russia's interests.

How Putin Is Perfecting His Border Plan
With thanks to @YarS aka @Grey Fox , a bit more appropriate I feel over here. Talks about Russian influence in the Georgian elections, what's going on in the Ukraine and how Putin is making inroads into a great many places. He's doing well according to the article.

A pro Putin candidate in Georgia has won the Presidential election:
In the case of Georgia, which is already doing Putin’s bidding by and large, those methods have included outright coercion, bribery and vote-buying, hate-speech, and voter fraud, according to Transparency International and other nongovernmental organizations. These efforts were intended to wrangle support for the Russia-favored candidate, Salome Zurabishvili, and weaken her opponent, Grigol Vashadze, the heir to the exiled pro-Western former president Mikheil Saakashvili.

Zurabishvili won, in an election that an international monitoring mission described as skewed by “an increase in the misuse of state resources.”
Trump's reported 'obeisant' performance in Helsinki, his failure to criticise the killing of Khashoggi, like the killing of Magnitsky, some feel he has disarmed the West if 'we allow our friends to murder their opponents, then we’re no different than Putin':
From Trump’s first moments in office to his obeisant performance in Helsinki to what is expected to be a buddy-talk at the G-20 in Buenos Aires on Nov. 30, the U.S. president has given the Kremlin nearly every encouragement it seeks. Just as he failed to directly criticize Putin’s violent intervention in Ukraine this week, Trump last week shrugged off the murder of political opponents by autocratic regimes, saying, “The world is a very dangerous place!”

Trump was speaking of Jamal Khashoggi, the murdered Saudi journalist, but the message to the killers of many Putin opponents over the years—including Sergei Magnitsky, liberal leader Boris Nemtsov, and journalist Anna Politkovskaya—was clear.

“It’s an absolute godsend to Putin,” said former U.S. Deputy Secretary of State and Deputy National Security Advisor James Steinberg. “Trump has disarmed us in this battle. If everybody’s the same, and we allow our friends to murder their opponents, then we’re no different than Putin.”
Whilst Haley and Pompeo may rail against the actions in Ukraine, Trump's words about 'not liking what is happening' are far less strong. Note this is before Trump has said his meeting with Putin has been cancelled:
Regarding Ukraine, while Trump’s outgoing U.N. ambassador, Nikki Haley, condemned the actions of the Russian military on Sunday in firing on and seizing Ukrainian ships as “yet another reckless Russian escalation,” and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo used similar language, Trump evinced his familiar moral equivalence. “Either way, we don’t like what’s happening, and hopefully, it will get straightened out,” the president said.
It's back to 'buffer zone' states with Georgia and Ukraine being the two current centres of attention. Again with the warning by Putin about NATO cultivating closer ties with both states:
Today, “the Kremlin’s particular focus is what it considers its ‘buffer zone’—countries of the former Soviet Union or, using Moscow’s jargon, ‘the near abroad.’ Military scenarios are likely to be implemented here regularly. The current standoff between Russian and Ukrainian warships in the Strait of Kerch is just an example. Things will get worse,” Eltsov said.

That buffer zone includes Georgia, which is why Putin has aggressively sought to control its politics since he invaded in 2008 and occupied the border regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Only last summer, Putin warned NATO against cultivating closer ties with Ukraine and Georgia. “We will respond appropriately to such aggressive steps, which pose a direct threat to Russia,” he said.
The Sea of Azov (and obviously the Ukrainian ports bordering it), along with the Georgian election are foremost at the moment:
With his latest naval response, Putin appears to be trying to consolidate his control of the Azov Sea between Ukraine and Russia, while the West wrings its hands.

The Kremlin is already deeply involved in Wednesday’s Georgian presidential election. Though a largely ceremonial post in Georgia’s parliamentary system, the presidency is considered a key bellwether ahead of the bigger 2020 elections.
Whilst accusations of being 'Putin's puppet' have abounded on both sides, Zurabishvili has won in Georgia, despite appearing to cosy up to Russia, suggesting the 2008 war was Saakashvili’s fault, not Putin’s, with talk of cooperation with Russian 'special agencies:
To some observers the anointing of Zurabishvili, who is nominally independent, is just more evidence of Putin’s growing subtlety. “What better way to suggest that Russia is not involved than to put up someone who was raised in the West?” said Eltsov.

Despite her victory, Zurabishvili has high unpopularity ratings in Georgia for appearing to cozy up to Russia. She has suggested that the 2008 war was Saakashvili’s fault, not Putin’s, and organizers of Zurabishvili’s rallies have “openly talked about cooperation with the Russian special agencies, the secret services,” said Eka Gigauri, the executive director of Transparency International—a political monitoring group—in Tbilisi.
Gigauri, the executive director of Transparency International has said 'lets not irritate Russia' and another party aligned with them saying ‘We’ve never seen a country that benefited from NATO.':
Under Georgian Dream, Gigauri added, the attitude is, “‘Let’s not irritate Russia.'” Also, she said, with the rise of another party aligned with Zurabishvili, the Patriots’ Alliance, “it’s the first time there has been a pro-Russian party in the parliament, with leading politicians saying things like, ‘We’ve never seen a country that benefited from NATO.'”

“The previous [Saakashivili] administration was very clear with their messages that Russia was enemy, and the only way forward was to integrate into NATO, get closer to the EU, and implement democratic reforms,” she said. “With this administration for the first time we saw demonstrations with Georgians saying Russian soldiers are heroes.”
Four tiers of significance in Russia's strategic buffer zone, Tier 1 Ukraine, Belarus, and most of Kazakhstan, Tier 2 being Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia. Tier 3, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan:
The Kremlin distinguishes four tiers of significance within its strategic buffer zone, he said. The first tier includes Ukraine, Belarus, and most of Kazakhstan—countries included in the fundamental definition of Russia by Alexander Solzhenitsyn, the Nobel Prize-winning writer who was once an anti-Soviet hero in the West but in his later years came out as a fervent Russian nationalist and Putin admirer. The second tier is the Caucasus, a region comprising southeastern Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia. The third tier is Central Asia—or what Solzhenitsyn once called “the underbelly of Russia”: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan.
Tier 4, the Baltic countries. Does a breach of A5 have to be a ground invasion? Or could it be 'little green men' declaring 'independence' in Narva in Estonia? A predominantly ethnic Russian city (albeit it voted to be part of Estonia in 1918):
Putin has already extended his influence to most of these countries, as well as (more indirectly) to former Soviet bloc nations such as Hungary and Poland. Eltsov believes a critical test for the West will come when Putin seeks to exert his influence in the fourth tier of Baltic states—Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia—three countries that have significant Russian populations but are also NATO members.

“The big question is what violates Article 5 of NATO,” said Eltsov, referring to the provision of the NATO treaty that says if a member is directly attacked, NATO promises to take “such action as it deems necessary” to restore security.

“Does it have to be a land invasion? And will the U.S. respond if, say, Narva, an Estonian town conquered by Peter the Great and located near St. Petersburg—which is populated predominantly by Russians—witnesses an unexpected uprising by its Russian-speaking population?”

Pentagon chief slams 'slow learner' Putin over election meddling | Reuters
Mattis accusing Putin of being ‘a slow learner’ stating Russia attempted to influence the November mid terms. The relationship has worsened between the US and Russia:
Asked if U.S.-Russian ties had become more strained since he took over the Pentagon last year after Trump became president, Mattis said, “There’s no doubt the relationship has worsened.”

“(Putin) tried again to muck around in our elections this last month. And we are seeing a continued effort along those lines,” Mattis said, adding that the United States would take whatever steps were necessary to defend American democracy.
As for being a ‘slow learner’, it’s by not recognising he is creating an animosity against his people:
“Mr. Putin is clearly a slow learner. He is not recognizing that what he is doing is actually creating an animosity against his people,” Mattis said.
I doubt personally Putin cares as it matches the ‘victim’ mentality.

The latest incident on the Kerch Strait shows (according to Mattis), Putin cannot be trusted:
“What we are seeing Putin do with his ripping up of international agreements ... we’re dealing with someone that we simply cannot trust,” the Pentagon chief added.
Putin still wants a meeting (despite their short chat in Argentina) with Trump:
“It is regrettable that we can’t succeed in holding a full-scale meeting, which is long due,” Putin said, adding that issues of strategic stability would be of paramount importance.

Petty, spiteful, hysterical hypernationalist xenophobia-
Yep, Russia is upset over a 300 years dead German philosopher...
No you Kant: Russian row over philosopher
Russians making Kants of themselves? But seriously, in the Muscovite Mentality, renaming the airport after a Prussian (German) is a sign of weakness and would encourage Germany to reclaim Koenigsberg. Look out for a renaming of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University - the local Uni.

From Wiki: "Immanuel Kant believed that his paternal grandfather Hans Kant was of Scottish origin." Of the well known line of Scots Kants perchance?

Last edited:
Russians making Kants of themselves? But seriously, in the Muscovite Mentality, renaming the airport after a Prussian (German) is a sign of weakness and would encourage Germany to reclaim Koenigsberg. Look out for a renaming of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University - the local Uni.

From Wiki: "Immanuel Kant believed that his paternal grandfather Hans Kant was of Scottish origin." Of the well known line of Scots Kants perchance?
Obviously, the family name was originally Kannae

Latest Threads