• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Dedicated Russian thread

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Russia is not UK, you know.
Aye, right you are son.

My Mummy died when I was only 5 years old.
Daddy ran away to sea with a bloke I'm told.
My sister is a prostitute.
My brothers doing life in jail.
But, it could have been worse
I could have been born a Russian.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Do you want to know how Russians see Brits?
Yeah. Once I have wormed the cats and topped up the oil on my Land Rover Defender HCPU transfer box then sorted the damp invasion on the bottom of the west wing and then the cake 'n bake thing I have agreed to do tomorrow morning for a fund raiser for our village community centre / pilates gym then caught our butcher for the steak 'n kidney pie I plan for our dinner guests tomorrow night and then mow the lawns then yeah....

I would love to hear how Russians see us Brits.

Actually, er. Nah. See us how you want. I couldn't give a rats.

Norway detains Russian man over suspected illegal intelligence activities: police | Reuters
Oh, those Russians... Norway has apparently arrested a Russian citizen on suspicion of illegal intelligence activities. He’d reportedly recently attended a seminar at the Norwegian Parliament on digitalisation. He’ll be held for two weeks due to the risk of evidence destruction:
The Norwegian Police has detained a Russian citizen on suspicion of illegal intelligence activities, police said on Sunday.

The man was detained at Oslo airport on Friday night and would be held for two weeks due to the risk of destruction of evidence, police told Reuters.

The man had attended a seminar this week on digitalization in the Norwegian Parliament.

Norway detains Russian man over suspected illegal intelligence activities: police | Reuters
Oh, those Russians... Norway has apparently arrested a Russian citizen on suspicion of illegal intelligence activities. He’d reportedly recently attended a seminar at the Norwegian Parliament on digitalisation. He’ll be held for two weeks due to the risk of evidence destruction:
He-he-he. Did you wrote about Norwegian spy, arrested in Moscow a few months ago? If 'no' - why? If 'yes' - what was your comment?

Probably this story is meant
Norwegian detainee in Russia was courier for spy service: lawyer | Reuters
A Norwegian man suspected by Russia of espionage has admitted to being a courier for Norway’s military intelligence, his Norwegian lawyer said on Sunday.

Frode Berg, a retired former guard on the Norwegian-Russian border, has been detained since his arrest in Moscow last December, but had little knowledge of the operation he took part in, Berg’s lawyer Brynjulf Risnes told daily Dagbladet and broadcaster NRK.
Apparently the Norwegians hope to exchange the detained persons.
Dagbladet reported that on his arrest Berg was carrying 3,000 euros ($3,686) in cash, and that police suspected the money would be mailed to a Russian man to pay for information about the country’s nuclear submarine fleet.

Moron Putin has got a painful blow on the internal political front. 2 governors appointed by him from his the United Russia 'party' (more right The Party of Crooks and Thives) failed miserably during recent elections.
Mrs. Orlova - former governor of Vladimir area (to the East from Moscow).

Recently she told to the head Accor net of hotels in Russia: "I have been in Paris many times - dirt is everywhere".

Mr.Shport - former governor of Khabarovsk area (on the Far East of Russia).

There are 2 other regions where Putin's men will not continue to fight for governorship - Khakassia where acting governor claimed to be 'ill' and Far Eastern region where the elections were apparently rigged to such an extent that there will be new elections.

I have standards that are considered low in among Sappers, but bugger me I wouldn't touch that Mrs Orlova with Putin's Gay member.

Moron Putin has got a painful blow on the internal political front. 2 governors appointed by him from his the United Russia 'party' (more right The Party of Crooks and Thives) failed miserably during recent elections.
Mrs. Orlova - former governor of Vladimir area (to the East from Moscow).

Recently she told to the head Accor net of hotels in Russia: "I have been in Paris many times - dirt is everywhere".

Mr.Shport - former governor of Khabarovsk area (on the Far East of Russia).

There are 2 other regions where Putin's men will not continue to fight for governorship - Khakassia where acting governor claimed to be 'ill' and Far Eastern region where the elections were apparently rigged to such an extent that there will be new elections.
Seen, it’s a pretty convincing reason for a rerun:
But on Monday, the local election commission said Tarasenko had won by just over 1 percentage point, with results showing he had received almost every one of the final 20,000 votes counted.
More importantly, what is it with Russian chicks? There’s some real stunners but Mrs Orlova doesn’t seem to be (shall we say) representative of the better end of the spectrum to be kind. She looks like Yeltsin with dyed hair. :)

I guess many would think that the politics within churches is a minor sport played within its scheming cloisters. However, sometimes it could have wider consequences. I mentioned some time previously that the Ukrainian Orthodox Church may be granted independence from Moscow. The Kremlin has been lobbying against this but it looks like it will be happening. And some reckon Moscow will see this as an opportunity for sowing more discord and try and turn it to their advantage in getting more influence:

Moscow having failed to block Ukrainian autocephaly now attempting to exploit it

More criminals crawling out of the wood work:

"Угроза общественной безопасности". Швейцария отказала Абрамовичу в виде на жительство
"The threat to public security. "Switzerland denied Abramovich a residence permit"".
Mr.Abramovich (extra class crook) has Israeli citizenship. with his money he could get a lot of other European passports just making investments that are change for him.

Mr.Abramovich (extra class crook) has Israeli citizenship. with his money he could get a lot of other European passports just making investments that are change for him.
With the speed he was granted Israeli citizenship it has been rumoured he has been an Israeli for years,

With the speed he was granted Israeli citizenship it has been rumoured he has been an Israeli for years,
I wonder if he had to remove the hat from Mini Roman..

Latest Threads