Dedicated Russian thread

Essentially they were in 1939-41. And in much of the inter-war period when both countries helped each other with military training and development to circumvent international restrictions.
The join training and development was under the Wiemar Republic of course. When the Nazis came to power they ended cooperation with the Soviets.

The join training and development was under the Wiemar Republic of course. When the Nazis came to power they ended cooperation with the Soviets.
Until the de facto alliance under the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact in 1939, when it was resumed as mutual interests outweighed ideological antipathies.

Of course individual cases of rape, likely no less than tens thousands, happened in Germany.
I don't exclude that there were cases of gang rape and mass rape. It could happen. Taken into account that millions Soviet soldiers that entered Germany had different ethnical, cultural, social background, level of discipline. Some soldiers from Central Asia hardly were fluent in Russian and served in separate units. For many such tribesmen unguarded women were just a prey.
At the same time I would like to repeat my main point - those who speak about widespread mass rapes in Germany have to show examples of mass rapes in villages and towns.

Examples of towns and villages where mass rapes took place is difficult to give, though not impossible with some digging, since it happened in the Soviet zone and so information and records were controlled by them and hidden away. The Soviet regime banned any discussion of this and kept the files secret. And, after a brief spell of openness, so does the Russian government. Also, most of the victims are likely victims as well as the perpetrators have passed away and not around to ask, even if they were willing to talk.

But since you agree that mass rapes were possible, and since mass rapes by other armies happened, then it's probable and highly likely that the Soviet army did the same given the Soviet regime at the time and the soldiers' being product of it. The evidence and testimonies both written and anecdotal, and what documents were made available though briefly by Russia show that it happened.

Meanwhile, in Ukraine, mass graves dating back to the great stalinist terror period are still being discovered, this time near Odessa

According to le Figaro, 29 graves holding the remains of 5,000 to 8,000 victims of the NKVD have been found.

Ukraine : découverte des restes de milliers de victimes des purges staliniennes

Examples of towns and villages where mass rapes took place is difficult to give, though not impossible with some digging, since it happened in the Soviet zone and so information and records were controlled by them and hidden away. The Soviet regime banned any discussion of this and kept the files secret. And, after a brief spell of openness, so does the Russian government. Also, most of the victims are likely victims as well as the perpetrators have passed away and not around to ask, even if they were willing to talk.
But millions of Germans who lived in the Soviet zone of occupation including victims, their relatives and neighbours appeared in West Germany where historians had excellent possibility to interview them, to ask about war crimes and their experience. Also in 1989 when the communist regime fell, most of victims, many inhabitants of villages and towns were well alive. They could be interviewed to collect statistics related to mass rapes.
So your argument is weak. If indeed there was a lot of villages and towns where mass rapes happened then we would have a lot of examples (as in the case with mass rapes by French troops)
But since you agree that mass rapes were possible, and since mass rapes by other armies happened, then it's probable and highly likely that the Soviet army did the same given the Soviet regime at the time and the soldiers' being product of it. The evidence and testimonies both written and anecdotal, and what documents were made available though briefly by Russia show that it happened.
If something is possible then it doesn't mean that it happened. There is a lot of authors (mainly pseudo historians) who use to cry about widespread mass rape by the Red army and no one (including mr.Beevor) is able to present example of village of town (where literally everybody knows everybody). Note, that there are claims about fantastic number of raped in Vienna and there is not one example of Austrian village or towns where mass rape happened.

But millions of Germans who lived in the Soviet zone of occupation including victims, their relatives and neighbours appeared in West Germany where historians had excellent possibility to interview them, to ask about war crimes and their experience. Also in 1989 when the communist regime fell, most of victims, many inhabitants of villages and towns were well alive. They could be interviewed to collect statistics related to mass rapes.
So your argument is weak. If indeed there was a lot of villages and towns where mass rapes happened then we would have a lot of examples (as in the case with mass rapes by French troops)

If something is possible then it doesn't mean that it happened. There is a lot of authors (mainly pseudo historians) who use to cry about widespread mass rape by the Red army and no one (including mr.Beevor) is able to present example of village of town (where literally everybody knows everybody). Note, that there are claims about fantastic number of raped in Vienna and there is not one example of Austrian village or towns where mass rape happened.

It would appear that you’ve been contradicted by the first country named:

Geoffrey Roberts writes that the Red Army raped women in every country they passed through but mostly in Austria and Germany: 70,000–100,000 rapes in Vienna, and "hundreds of thousands" of rapes in Germany. He notes that the German Army probably committed tens of thousands of rapes on the Eastern Front but that murder was the more typical crime for them.[33]

Slime

LE
First of all I would like to see these so called 'official Russian documents' in Russian with sources. I don't see them. And I'm unable to believe something that I don't see by my own eyes.

I think we should ALL, I repeat ALL remember this post of yours, not just because it’s a pack of lies and 100% contradicts literally HUNDREDS of your previous posts, but so we can remind you of it in the future when you ‘believe’ things you haven’t seen.

Now, tell me, you WILL remember you said MI 5 were monitoring all phone calls to Salisbury hospital after the Novichock poisonings……..

How did you see this all the way from Russia?

Edited to add.
This post of yours has made a lovely screenshot on 25/08/21 ;)

Meanwhile, in Ukraine, mass graves dating back to the great stalinist terror period are still being discovered, this time near Odessa

According to le Figaro, 29 graves holding the remains of 5,000 to 8,000 victims of the NKVD have been found.

Ukraine : découverte des restes de milliers de victimes des purges staliniennes
Really te graves were discovered 78 years ago
The Tatarka common graves were mass graves discovered in April–August 1943, during World War II, by Axis-allied Romanian troops occupying Transnistria, on a lot of 1,000 m2 (11,000 sq ft) in Tatarka, now Prylymanske [uk], in Odessa Raion, near Odessa.
So it is not something new.

I think we should ALL, I repeat ALL remember this post of yours, not just because it’s a pack of lies and 100% contradicts literally HUNDREDS of your previous posts, but so we can remind you of it in the future when you ‘believe’ things you haven’t seen.

Now, tell me, you WILL remember you said MI 5 were monitoring all phone calls to Salisbury hospital after the Novichock poisonings……..

How did you see this all the way from Russia?

Edited to add.
This post of yours has made a lovely screenshot on 25/08/21 ;)
You are so funny. There are facts and opinions, allegations, versions. It is clear that it would be impossible for private person to prove that MI5 conducted this or that special operation. Thus, from the context it was clear that I expressed only my opinion based on common sense. Note that I didn't quote any internal MI5 document, just because I haven't it at hand.
By contrast someone quoted translation of unknown Russian document in English without any information about it - text in Russian, name of the document, issue number, date, place, name of commander who signed it. So I doubt that the document exists.
Have I explained it clearly?

Slime

LE
You are so funny. There are facts and opinions, allegations, versions. It is clear that it would be impossible for private person to prove that MI5 conducted this or that special operation. Thus, from the context it was clear that I expressed only my opinion based on common sense. Note that I didn't quote any internal MI5 document, just because I haven't it at hand.
By contrast someone quoted translation of unknown Russian document in English without any information about it - text in Russian, name of the document, issue number, date, place, name of commander who signed it. So I doubt that the document exists.

No, it wasn’t posted as just your opinion, you posted it as fact.
And, as for common sense, it wasn’t that either.
Only a complete idiot would think it was ‘common sense’ that MI 5 were screening calls.

Just as you posted as ‘fact’ that members of the public couldn’t just walk into Salisbury hospital.
Again, as posters here, including myself were just freely walking into the hospital your ‘fact’ was also the work of an idiot.

On the other hand, I’m not aware of any sensible poster here who takes your posts seriously, so when you just make things up, or pretend things haven’t happened no one is surprised.

I remember our conversations about telephones in Salisbury Hospital
I’ve seen them with my own eyes, I’ve given you links regarding the company that provides them - for free and with additional paid options

Your MI5 hacking was another of your made up ideas, however when Yulia later called her cousin recordings magically appeared in Russia. With some actual evidnce —— Who’s hacking calls in Russia then ?

No, it wasn’t posted as just your opinion, you posted it as fact.
And, as for common sense, it wasn’t that either.
Only a complete idiot would think it was ‘common sense’ that MI 5 were screening calls.

Just as you posted as ‘fact’ that members of the public couldn’t just walk into Salisbury hospital.
Again, as posters here, including myself were just freely walking into the hospital your ‘fact’ was also the work of an idiot.

On the other hand, I’m not aware of any sensible poster here who takes your posts seriously, so when you just make things up, or pretend things haven’t happened no one is surprised.
It’s a proven and documented fact that Salisbury District Hospital is secured by ‘beware - wet floor’ signs

Slime

LE
I remember our conversations about telephones in Salisbury Hospital
I’ve seen them with my own eyes, I’ve given you links regarding the company that provides them - for free and with additional paid options

Your MI5 hacking was another of your made up ideas, however when Yulia later called her cousin recordings magically appeared in Russia. With some actual evidnce —— Who’s hacking calls in Russia then ?

The KGB avatar has been telling lies or making things up for years……..
Maybe the idea is that this will confuse us, or that will will believe what has been said…………..

Who knows, maybe he even believes some of the things himself :)
On the plus side, and has been said many times, as soon as he starts a whataboutery saga it’s a sure sign Russia has something to hide :)

From the International Crisis Group's weekly summary:

UKRAINE President Zelenskyy on Monday hosted the Crimea Platform summit in Kyiv, attended by representatives from 46 countries and international organisations. Crisis Group expert Katharine Quinn-Judge says that while Kyiv characterised the summit as a first step toward reclaiming the Russian-annexed peninsula, Ukrainian and European officials privately admit this is an unrealistic objective. The summit, however, may have helped bolster Kyiv’s efforts to dissuade its European partners from seeking an entente with Moscow by reminding them of the seriousness of its violations of international law. In the long term, the platform could become a successful instrument for highlighting human rights and environmental abuses committed by Russia’s Crimean authorities.

My bold.
An excellent endeavour.

Last edited:
Moscow is not renewing its permission for OSCE monitoring on two checkpoints set up after the Kremlin sponsored conflict in Eastern Ukraine set up the separist controlled areas.

The language indicates that Moscow had originally hoped to influence decision making in its favour over the separatist issue. This has not happened and thus it sees no further utility from its point of view for the checkpoints, especially as they provide the OSCE with oversight of Kremlin activity.

1630941424505.png

Who are these 3 men? All of them have the same name Boris and the same surname Vishnevsky. And all of them are candidates in the same constituency in Sankt Peterburg city council (important legislative body).
Remarkably two in the trio changed their names and surnames just before the elections, grew beards and photoshopped their images.
Acting Sankt Peterburg legislator Boris Lazarevich Vishnevsky (right) long time critic of Putin's regime faces spoiler 'candidates'.
According to the independent Novaya Gazeta newspaper, the two alleged “spoiler” candidates, Boris Ivanovich and Boris Gennadievich, changed their names shortly before the election from Victor Bykov and Alexei Shmelev.
Reaction of Russian humourists.
1630944234663.png

Last edited:
View attachment 602156

Who are these 3 men? All of them have the same name Boris and the same surname Vishnevsky. And all of them are candidates in the same constituency in Sankt Peterburg city council (important legislative body).
Remarkably two in the trio changed their names and surnames just before the elections, grew beards and photoshopped their images.
Acting Sankt Peterburg legislator Boris Lazarevich Vishnevsky (right) long time critic of Putin's regime faces spoiler 'candidates'.

Reaction of Russian humourists.
View attachment 602159
You forgot to mention the final paragraph of the article:

Vishnevsky, a member of the liberal Yabloko party, previously faced what appeared to be a coordinated smear campaign by a notorious pro-Kremlin “troll factory” accusing him of sexually harassing his university students.

Slime

LE
You forgot to mention the final paragraph of the article:

Vishnevsky, a member of the liberal Yabloko party, previously faced what appeared to be a coordinated smear campaign by a notorious pro-Kremlin “troll factory” accusing him of sexually harassing his university students.

Perhaps he was being modest, and didn’t want to blow his own trumpet ;)

Latest Threads