Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Dedicated Russian thread

I'm a Russian partiot that you probably failed (unable) to understand (to accept). In this context my position is quite natural (understandable). For example I believe that Russian citizens should be respected anywhere, especially Russian diplomats. Those who are that stupid to insult such nation as Russia should be punished (educated). As for means of education then in this particular case cruise missiles would be very effective (educative).
Alas there is only a handful of true Russian patriots in Russian government. Pres.Putin is a coward. And alas my personal opinion is different in comparison with Kremlin's line. US/UK/France are ready to bomb Syria (UN member) in violation of the International law. By contrast Moscow could bomb Kosovo separatists/terrorists quite lawfully. Kosovo is not a UN member. So UN charter is not applicable to it.
Let's recall that Washington for years bombed tribal areas in Pakistan using drones. For what reason? Allegedly there were 'terrorists'. So Moscow following this example could also hit terrorists in Kosovo that don't follow international law, don't respect diplomatic status of UN personnel.
What the West could do in the case with cruise missiles strikes? Nothing (except impotent protests). WW3 is not an option.
By your question you suggest that Moscow can do only exactly something that previously Washington has done. From my point of view the word 'exact;y' should be removed.
Washington unleashed a lot of wars, bombed a lot of countries, territories. Belgrade was bombed also using cruise missiles (including British ones). So these idiots in Pristina could be bombed using cruise missiles. Why not?
So tell us all, in a country with laws against insulting its politicians and the imperative of educating (punishing), how do you get away with it mr company man.

So tell us all, in a country with laws against insulting its politicians and the imperative of educating (punishing), how do you get away with it mr company man.
The law that you have mentioned in my opinion is stupid one. Corrupted Putin's regime of crooks and thieves invented a tool to punish its critics. There are however 2 sides of the coin.
1. Disrespect to president, to government, to parliament as institutions. Such a disrespect should not be allowed in any democratic country if it is expressed in inproper form, especially in violent one.
2. However any form of disrespect to respective people - the president, ministers, MPs is not something criminal from my point of view.
The difference between #1 and #2 is subtle and I strongly suspect that Russian law enforcement structures will use the law to prosecute the opposition to crooks and thieves at power.

The law that you have mentioned in my opinion is stupid one. Corrupted Putin's regime of crooks and thieves invented a tool to punish its critics. There are however 2 sides of the coin.
1. Disrespect to president, to government, to parliament as institutions. Such a disrespect should not be allowed in any democratic country if it is expressed in inproper form, especially in violent one.
2. However any form of disrespect to respective people - the president, ministers, MPs is not something criminal from my point of view.
The difference between #1 and #2 is subtle and I strongly suspect that Russian law enforcement structures will use the law to prosecute the opposition to crooks and thieves at power.
So when do you expect your front door to be kicked in?

Blasts at Russian 'Kristall' explosives plant followed by fire
"At least 19 people were injured and two more were missing at the Dzerzhinsk plant about 400 kilometers east of Moscow after explosions were followed by a fire. The cause of the blasts was not clear." From Deutsche Welle:

Blasts at Russian 'Kristall' explosives plant followed by fire | DW | 01.06.2019

More info and video footage of the towering smoke plume from Sputnik News:

VIDEOS of Blasts at TNT Plant in Central Russia Emerge Online

1559397155053.png

Totally in line with the Muscovite Mindset (where the law is what the Kremlin says it is), international rules apply only when it is in Moscow's interest, in all other cases, the Kremlin does not recognise international law:
Russia Rejects Ukraine's Case Over Separatist Support In UN Court
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...iner-over-ukraine.277518/page-64#post-9310309
I mentioned it on the MH17 thread. Ukraine needs to show Russian ‘intent and knowledge’ re support for the Seperatists and shooting down MH17. The ICJ is unlikely to rule on whether Ukraine has shown Russian ‘intent and knowledge’ until next year.

I’d be surprised if they can’t with ‘signature kit’ and the JIT report. However, showing that Moscow knew (it’s not as if they’ll admit it) is the test apparently. No doubt they’ll say the Ru Abn units, tanks, 53 AA Bde etc. were all acting on their own behalf (armed holiday makers) which given the way the state is run is farcical imo.

While we’re remembering D-Day, we mustn’t forget that it was really Russia that saved the world from the Nazi hordes .....

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1T620J

As usual, a highly selective interpretation of history.

I am not arguing that the vast bulk of German casualties in WW2 were not caused by the meat-grinder of the Eastern Front. That is plainly true. What is also true is that the Soviet Union brought this upon itself by enabling Hitler to start WW2 with the 1939 Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact under which Hitler and Stalin became de facto allies and carved up Eastern Europe between them. Moscow agreed not to attack Germany and to supply it with a huge anount of raw materials including oil, iron and foodstuffs. Soviet freight trains full of goods were still rolling into Germany as Hitler launched his attack on the USSR in June 1941.

Why? Stalin's aim was that Germany would weaken itself fighting in the West, so that the Red Army could later steamroller through Western Europe with German, French and Italian Communist uprisings helping it. His plan half succeeded in the end, but at much higher cost. Fortunately it ultimately failed in 1989. But in the meantime the lands "liberated" by Moscow just swapped one murderous totalitarian dictorship for another.

It is telling that for Moscow, there was no World War Two, only the Great Patriotic War which started in 1941, when their erstwhile ally attacked them, before they were ready to attack it.

The news #1 in Russia is detention of investigative journalist Ivan Golunov as a result of rude provocation. Corrupted Putin's regime is at it again.
Ivan Golunov, Russian journalist, put under house arrest - CNN
A prominent Russian investigative journalist has been released from jail and placed under house arrest after being charged with intent to sell drugs in large quantities...
His arrest provoked an outpouring of support from Russian journalists, with many critics accusing local authorities of fabricating the case.
The police apparently didn't expect such a reaction and solidarity with the detained journalist.
Now the case is under scrutiny of Putin's aide, the General Prosecutor, the head of Moscow police, Moscow mayor, prominent MPs, human rights ombusman and so on. Initially Putin's agitprop TV tried to report open lies but the falsehood was spotted.
Alexander Myasnikov, chief physician of the City Clinical Hospital No. 71, told RIA-Novosti doctors had examined him, taken a CT scan and blood samples and found no medical reason to keep him in the hospital.
Oh, doctor Myasnikov? He is Putin's confidant and a very rich person. He have own show on Putin's agitprop TV. Btw, the son of this 'Russian patriot' (as many relatives of 'true' Russian patriots) has French citizenship.
News of the 36-year-old's arrest has provoked outrage in Russia, and journalists have staged protests over what they have described as a trumped-up drugs charge.
Golunov is known for investigating official corruption, and critics have decried his arrest as an example of how easily criminal cases can be fabricated by Russian authorities.
For example he wrote about connection of some FSB officials to ($4 bln. worth) funeral 'business' in Moscow, about corruption in the police.
The protests in Moscow and other cities were so massive that even Putin's agitprop outlet RT has to accept that the authorities at some points tried to falsify evidence.
Court puts Russian journalist charged with drug dealing under house arrest
Shortly after the detention, the Interior Ministry’s website published several photos featuring forbidden substances. But all except one of those were soon deleted, and the police rolled out an explanation saying that only that one photo was actually taken at the journalist’s home, and the rest were from the ongoing probe into the drug dealers.
Remarkably RT stopped to cover the detention after 8 June (likely waits for instructions).

A very informative interview on the French site diploweb.com with Galia Ackerman, a French academic of Russian origin. She is talking about the subject of her most recent book about the manipulation of history in Russia, particularly in its current manifestation in the Cult of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-45. It completely demonstrates the application of what I call the "Muscovite Mentality" or Muscovite Mindset". The truth is what the Kremlin says it is.
In the original French:​
In Google Translate:​
Obviously Google Translate does not give a completely accurate and flowing translation, but should give a reasonable understanding.​

It is alarming how the Kremlin is hell-bent on portraying Russia as increasingly threatened by the West and manipulating public sentiment to prepare for war. In this there are strong historic echos of the policies of Soviet paranoia and Nazi revanchism.

A very informative interview on the French site diploweb.com with Galia Ackerman, a French academic of Russian origin. She is talking about the subject of her most recent book about the manipulation of history in Russia, particularly in its current manifestation in the Cult of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-45. It completely demonstrates the application of what I call the "Muscovite Mentality" or Muscovite Mindset". The truth is what the Kremlin says it is.
In the original French:​
In Google Translate:​
Obviously Google Translate does not give a completely accurate and flowing translation, but should give a reasonable understanding.​

It is alarming how the Kremlin is hell-bent on portraying Russia as increasingly threatened by the West and manipulating public sentiment to prepare for war. In this there are strong historic echos of the policies of Soviet paranoia and Nazi revanchism.
Thanks, it’s an interesting song, saying the Samurai will never get the Kuril’s, that Sevastopol and Crimea will remain under Russian occupation and of course the return of Alaska to the Motherland. It sounds the sort of song @YarS sings to himself in his cot, sucking his thumb: