Dedicated Russian thread

Slime

LE
@KGB_resident

This kind of thing would be more interesting.........or it’s more modern version :)

Mrs. Ilyinski who lives in Israel has also Russian citizenship registered on dedicated site to vote. She voted but tried to test is it possible to vote in the consulate in Haifa. So she voted twice. Then she went to the embassy in Tel-Aviv and also voted. Her daughter who still is not 18yo also was given a ballot list.
As for the 'results' then they are predefined and are easily predictable
Turnout - no less than 2/3
Votes for - no less than 3/4
It doesn't matter how many voted and how they voted - the result would be forged, falsified if needed.
These examples of course are the same ones that get brought up by those with much better voting fraud schemes to distract attention:

Legitimate voter votes twice by using postal/remote voting and also turns up to vote in person

False registrations get made - under age voter, dead person not de-registered, pet cat registered

In the meantime, ‘Private persons’ feign contempt of a corrupt state

Slime

LE
I found that account of how easily the authorities can bypass voting regulations quite interesting, not to mention pertinent.
KGB’s link to a Russian article about a Russian voting in Russian controlled buildings is probably fine. Did you read the Cyrillic version?

Bearing in mind the literally hundreds of thousands (more in reality) of rigged votes that will openly be fraudulently dropped into official ballot boxes in front of the worlds media, his tale of one woman and her daughter driving for one hour to vote in a second Russian state building is small fry.

Of course, and here is an alternative view, if Putin thought the world knowing AND seeing him rig the votes could lose him power the trolls might not be so keen to show us vote rigging :)

@KGB_resident

This kind of thing would be more interesting.........or it’s more modern version :)

Puts the requests of ‘show us the CCTV’ / “there is no evidence” into context:

Here we have a bank of CCTV monitoring the polls, but we’ll just ignore all the fraud that they show

It’s all talk and bullshiting

Slime

LE
Puts the requests of ‘show us the CCTV’ / “there is no evidence” into context:

Here we have a bank of CCTV monitoring the polls, but we’ll just ignore all the fraud that they show

It’s all talk and bullshiting
Oh deary me, that was pretty funny. :)

And to think that this particular Russian poster wants us to believe this story with no CCTV or evidence etc.
While that might not be an issue for almost all posters, we are all too aware that without proof of EVERYTHING this Russian poster doesnt believe anything at all..............when it suits them.

Perhaps KGB is re writing his post ‘Salisbury Style’ so that it would include the woman and daughter: kidnapped, murdered, in cellars with rats in, with guns to their heads, Mafia drug lords, working for the CIA, working for MI5, crooks fooled into voting, passing secret info, faking voting etc etc.........He certainly managed more than that for two other Russians outside Russia. ;)

(...) As for the 'results' then they are predefined and are easily predictable
Turnout - no less than 2/3
Votes for - no less than 3/4
It doesn't matter how many voted and how they voted - the result would be forged, falsified if needed.
65 percent turnout, and 77.6 percent in favour, with the latter projected based on 75% of polling places reporting.

Russian voters agree to let Putin seek 2 more terms
Nationwide turnout was reported at 65 per cent of the electorate. (...)
With three-fourths of all precincts counted, 77.6 per cent voted for the constitutional amendments, according to election officials.

65 percent turnout, and 77.6 percent in favour, with the latter projected based on 75% of polling places reporting.

Russian voters agree to let Putin seek 2 more terms
I would like to quote your source
In Moscow, there were reports of unusually high numbers of at-home voters, with hundreds visited by election workers in a matter of hours, along with multiple complaints from monitors that paperwork documenting the turnout was being concealed from them.
Of course, Moscow is a special case. Support in Moscow (that really doesn't exist) is vitaly important for Putin and his gang. There are too many 'at-home voters' in Moscow and other big cities. In one case 'election workers' in Sankt-Peterburg were filmed when they inserted ballots in the ballor box.
1593662667055.png

During the last elections in Moscow city Duma (very important local legislative body) pro-Putin (formally independent) candidate 'won' in my constituency. Mr.Shitov had about 11,000 votes. At the same time there were 2,000 at-home voters and I strongly suspect that most of them 'voted' for pro-Putin candidate being unaware about it.
Only in a few cases falsifications were spotted. The video below shows how a chairwoman of electoral comision of Moscow's polling station 2783 approaches to ballot box with a pack of ballots.

1593663998338.png

Despite all efforts there are regions where support (even inflated) of Putin's amendments is not big.
For example in remote Northern region - Nenetsk autonomous area only 43.78% voted for the amendments.

Last edited:
Yakutiya - Sakha is a huge region in Siberia rich in gold, diamonds, other natural resources. Mayor of its capital - the city of Yakutsk voted against the amendments for very simple reason - direct elections of mayors by the people are abolished.
Local news portal shows two photos correct one (right) and falsified (photoshopped) that appeared in social networks and promoted apparently by pro-Putin bots.

1593674053295.png

1593674227824.png

1593674612075.png

She fired some corrupted local officials. I believe and hope that this brave woman will remain in politics.

Yakutiya - Sakha is a huge region in Siberia rich in gold, diamonds, other natural resources. Mayor of its capital - the city of Yakutsk voted against the amendments for very simple reason - direct elections of mayors by the people are abolished.
Local news portal shows two photos correct one (right) and falsified (photoshopped) that appeared in social networks and promoted apparently by pro-Putin bots.

View attachment 486482
View attachment 486483
View attachment 486485

She fired some corrupted local officials. I believe and hope that this brave woman will remain in politics.
Perhaps if the Russian people weren’t hyped up with distractions of demonising homosexuals, lesbians, musicians, protestors and young people then they could unite, work together and show the bully boys they won’t accept corruption.
The precident had been set by the Russian revolution and those in charge claim to represent the people

Interesting article from FP about Russian objectives in Afghanistan and Putin's continuing rehabilitation of Soviet era military and security forces. All very indicative of the "Muscovite Mindset".

Interesting article from FP about Russian objectives in Afghanistan and Putin's continuing rehabilitation of Soviet era military and security forces. All very indicative of the "Muscovite Mindset".
I'm sure that you'll join me in wishing him and his 'little green men' good fortune, this time around :cool:

Slime

LE
The more Russia gets involved the better.

Putin is perhaps demonstrating a whole new level of stupid here, and will be trying to fund champagne foreign policies on blue nun money levels.

Even in the days of the Soviet Union with their much bigger pool of resources the Soviets got their arses handed to them
A new approach to be friends/allies will be doomed to fail as Russia no longer has the cash.................And we are dealing with Afghans. Just because they take ANYONES money doesn’t make them ANYONES ally.

Failures or double dealing is much harder to hide these days than the pre internet days of the last Soviet Afghan adventure.

offog

LE
The more Russia gets involved the better.

Putin is perhaps demonstrating a whole new level of stupid here, and will be trying to fund champagne foreign policies on blue nun money levels.

Even in the days of the Soviet Union with their much bigger pool of resources the Soviets got their arses handed to them
A new approach to be friends/allies will be doomed to fail as Russia no longer has the cash.................And we are dealing with Afghans. Just because they take ANYONES money doesn’t make them ANYONES ally.

Failures or double dealing is much harder to hide these days than the pre internet days of the last Soviet Afghan adventure.
But we all know they are there to build the pipeline and collect all that oil money.

Or is that deep state concept no longer the reason for going to war now the oil price is in the crapper.

Slime

LE
But we all know they are there to build the pipeline and collect all that oil money.

Or is that deep state concept no longer the reason for going to war now the oil price is in the crapper.
Oil or oil money will be interesting to watch over the next twenty years imho.

Russia doesn't need oil from anyone else. Mainland Europe and the U.K. Will have stopped selling pure internal combustion cars in this period, and the USA won't need oil from Russia either.

Imho China will be the place to watch as their citizens become more wealthy and continue their move towards buying Chinese goods.

What will be a major factor is whether Chinese car makers stay with ICE cars or move to hybrid or electric.

I'm sure we will see introduction of more short range electric aircraft in the same period. The move to be more eco friendly may also see us never returning to recent levels of air travel too.

Just my two penneth on this :)

Russia doesn't need oil from anyone else. Mainland Europe and the U.K. Will have stopped selling pure internal combustion cars in this period, and the USA won't need oil from Russia either.

Imho China will be the place to watch as their citizens become more wealthy and continue their move towards buying Chinese goods.

What will be a major factor is whether Chinese car makers stay with ICE cars or move to hybrid or electric.

I'm sure we will see introduction of more short range electric aircraft in the same period. The move to be more eco friendly may also see us never returning to recent levels of air travel too.

Moscow will just slip more and more into Beijing's orbit. The Russians are already working in Chinese interests with their various efforts against the western liberal democracies while deluding themselves about their great power status.

Slime

LE
Moscow will just slip more and more into Beijing's orbit. The Russians are already working in Chinese interests with their various efforts against the western liberal democracies while deluding themselves about their great power status.
It’s funny to think back to when many ARRSErs were kids.
At that time China seemed to operate cast off aircraft or monkey models from Russia, and the same with kit or vehicles.

China is a world leading supplier in some fields now, and have thriving armament production. Russia has meanwhile slumped to a basket case with a tiny GDP.

No matter how much the trolls here portray Russia as stronk the world knows differently.

offog

LE

My in depth sarcasm has slipped over your head.

Do you not remember there were those on here and in the wider internet/conspiracy theories who were convinced that we were only in Afghanistan to build an oil pipe line and take all that oil.

Slime

LE
My in depth sarcasm has slipped over your head.

Do you not remember there were those on here and in the wider internet/conspiracy theories who were convinced that we were only in Afghanistan to build an oil pipe line and take all that oil.
Sorry. :)
I was aware of that, and other pipeline theories, but this is the dedicated Russian thread, and the chance to slag off Russia is too good to miss :)

Zhopa

War Hero
This is probably the end of independent defence journalism in Russia: former and current Kommersant journalists are behind bars after the ex defence correspondent, Ivan Safronov, was arrested for "espionage".

Ivan should have been in the safe zone because he was part of the establishment - he had Gerasimov on speed dial, and had been through multiple CI checks for travelling abroad with the forces and Putin. Elena Chernenko, released a few minutes ago after being picked up for mounting a (completely legal) lone picket outside the Lubyanka protesting for Ivan, ditto - part of Lavrov's travelling press pack.

The whole system is drifting ever faster towards a Stalinist eating of its own.

Latest Threads