Dedicated Russian thread

Russia grossly under reports Covid deaths.
No shit, Sherlockov.
There is a very simple explanation. Russian authorities used own methodology in counting of COVID and COVID related deaths. Previously, COVID positive person who died, for example? from heart attack was not included in common number. But now the methodology has been changed according to recommendation made by WHO. So now it doesn't matter was COVID primary or secondary cause of the death. The very fact that died person is COVID positive is sufficient to include it in common number.

There is a very simple explanation. Russian authorities used own methodology in counting of COVID and COVID related deaths. Previously, COVID positive person who died, for example? from heart attack was not included in common number. But now the methodology has been changed according to recommendation made by WHO. So now it doesn't matter was COVID primary or secondary cause of the death. The very fact that died person is COVID positive is sufficient to include it in common number.
There is a much simpler explanation, liar.
They lied.

Russia lied about the number of its citizens dying on Putin's watch.
Because Russia stronk.

And already filled with mass graves, so who cares about a few more?

There is a much simpler explanation, liar.
They lied.

Russia lied about the number of its citizens dying on Putin's watch.
Because Russia stronk.

And already filled with mass graves, so who cares about a few more?
It is a quote from your source
This new methodology is likely to mean the death toll will increase across the country, although Moscow was the epicentre of the epidemic for many weeks
COVID related death toll strongly depends on methodology. The new methodology (approved by the WHO) gives another numbers (than obtained using previous methodology). There is nothing special.

It is a quote from your source

COVID related death toll strongly depends on methodology. The new methodology (approved by the WHO) gives another numbers (than obtained using previous methodology). There is nothing special.
The old methodology was a lie.

The new methodology will also be a lie.

Just a slightly more convincing lie than the last one.
What with all the thousands of dead people and all.

Not so much on rushing to a public sauna’s, more that many premises in Russia appear to have been without hot water for weeks due to their lockdown as they have no central heating or hot water supplies:
Russian women flocked to their small town’s “banya” or public steam sauna when it reopened after the coronavirus lockdown, for the luxury of hot water after going without for six weeks.

The public banya is the only way for many Russians living in smaller towns to wash themselves in comfort as older homes do not have central heating or hot water supplies.

1590857977927.png

She is Mariya Kitayeva General-lieutenant of Russian armed forces - mother of three. She became a general in 27 being a press secretary of MoD Shoigu.

1590858226684.png

Now she is 34 and are active also in fashion industry.

1590858379080.png

1590858431491.png

Young handsome women with high military ranks is not something special in Putin's Russia.

Previous MoD Serdyukov had a lot of women among high ranked officials. One of them Marina Chubkina

1590859328624.png

1590859400503.png

She is also a 'poet' and liked to read her 'immortal' poems on radio.

1590860366649.png

Last edited:
The US have announced they are delaying the G7 meeting, scheduled to be held in the US this year, until September.
Trump says postponing G7, calls for expanding membership
Trump had wanted to hold it as an in-person meeting rather than a video conference, apparently to create a media event to use with his election campaign. Previous news reports stated that the US were receiving considerable opposition from the other G7 countries to holding a large in-person meeting in the midst of a pandemic, and some had said they would not be attending if the pandemic was still on.

The other controversial part of his plan though is that he wants to invite Russia to the meeting.
U.S. President Donald Trump said Saturday that he will postpone until the fall a meeting of Group of 7 nations he had planned to hold next month at the White House despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. And he said the group's membership should include Russia, Australia, South Korea and India.
Inviting a few other non-G7 countries is not usual, but Russia are not on everyone's Christmas card list at the moment.

However, Trump has stated that the G7 is "very outdated" and doesn't reflect "what's going on in the world.
Trump told reporters on Air Force One as he returned to Washington from Florida that he feels the current makeup of the group is "very outdated" and doesn't properly represent "what's going on in the world."
This is apparently the third time that Trump has pushed for Russia to be invited to a G7 meeting.

However, Canada and the UK are apparently not keen on Russia attending the G7 meeting.
Canada, Britain not interested in Russia attending G7 despite another Trump trial balloon

Here's a statement by Johnson's spokesman saying the UK don't want to see Russia there:
"Russia was removed from the G7 group of nations following its [2014] annexation of Crimea and we are yet to see evidence of changed behaviour which would justify its readmittance … We wouldn't support it being readmitted as a member of the group."
Here's Trudeau saying he's opposed to Russia attending:
"Russia was excluded from the G7 after it invaded Crimea a number of years ago, and its continued disrespect and flaunting of international rules and norms is why it remains outside of the G7, and it will continue to remain out," Trudeau said during his daily news conference.
Trudeau went on to say that the G20 group, which includes Russia, is a place where countries which don't necessarily agree with one another can talk. However, he said that the G7 is for friends and allies.
Trudeau said the G20 group, which includes Russia, was a forum that included countries "we don't necessarily have great relations with."

"The G7 has always been a place for frank conversations with allies and friends who share so much. That's certainly what I'm hoping to continue to see."
Some Russian pundits are saying that it doesn't make sense for Russia to attend the G7 meeting, as it would simply be a forum in which Putin would get crapped on or snubbed by the other attendees.
"Trump's intention to invite Putin as a guest of the #G7 makes no sense for Russia. All blame, no gain is what it'll get. This chapter should remain closed," Dmitri Trenin, director of the Carnegie Moscow Center and a former colonel in the Russian army, wrote on Twitter on Sunday.
The Russian government themselves have not apparently said anything about it, but of course we have not heard of a formal invitation being extended yet.

The US have announced they are delaying the G7 meeting, scheduled to be held in the US this year, until September.
Trump says postponing G7, calls for expanding membership
Trump had wanted to hold it as an in-person meeting rather than a video conference, apparently to create a media event to use with his election campaign. Previous news reports stated that the US were receiving considerable opposition from the other G7 countries to holding a large in-person meeting in the midst of a pandemic, and some had said they would not be attending if the pandemic was still on.

The other controversial part of his plan though is that he wants to invite Russia to the meeting.

Inviting a few other non-G7 countries is not usual, but Russia are not on everyone's Christmas card list at the moment.

However, Trump has stated that the G7 is "very outdated" and doesn't reflect "what's going on in the world.

This is apparently the third time that Trump has pushed for Russia to be invited to a G7 meeting.

However, Canada and the UK are apparently not keen on Russia attending the G7 meeting.
Canada, Britain not interested in Russia attending G7 despite another Trump trial balloon

Here's a statement by Johnson's spokesman saying the UK don't want to see Russia there:

Here's Trudeau saying he's opposed to Russia attending:

Trudeau went on to say that the G20 group, which includes Russia, is a place where countries which don't necessarily agree with one another can talk. However, he said that the G7 is for friends and allies.

Some Russian pundits are saying that it doesn't make sense for Russia to attend the G7 meeting, as it would simply be a forum in which Putin would get crapped on or snubbed by the other attendees.

The Russian government themselves have not apparently said anything about it, but of course we have not heard of a formal invitation being extended yet.
Interesting. From the Moscow Times:

1591058985375.png

Trump Puts G7 Summit Proposal to Putin - The Moscow Times

Those old Soviet era hospitals seem to be dangerous.

1591060290199.png

Also

1591060403371.png

Coronavirus in Russia: The Latest News | June 1 - The Moscow Times

A separate article says that the Japanese CV19 drug, Avifavir, has now been approved for use from 11th June.
It seems Russian scientists have modified it to make it more effective and they are touting this as a game changer.
1591061069278.png

It mentions remdesivir being used in some countries but not whether it will be used in Russia.

1591060717198.png

Exclusive: Russia to roll out its first approved COVID-19 drug next week

Last edited:
Those old Soviet era hospitals seem to be dangerous.

View attachment 478616

Also

View attachment 478617
Coronavirus in Russia: The Latest News | June 1 - The Moscow Times

A separate article says that the Japanese CV19 drug, Avifavir, has now been approved for use from 11th June.
It seems Russian scientists have modified it to make it more effective and they are touting this as a game changer.
View attachment 478619

It mentions remdesivir being used in some countries but not whether it will be used in Russia.

View attachment 478618

Exclusive: Russia to roll out its first approved COVID-19 drug next week
Unproven drug may cure Covid.
Pavement has 100% success rate in curing criticism from moaning doctors.

Hardly Russia will attend the G7 meetings anytime soon even as an invited guest.
So comments made by some Western politicians are meaningless.

Putin until 2036 vote date set for 1st July 2020. This will be the second (if approved) change of the Russian constitution and maximum terms of being President under his watch, albeit this time the public get a vote. Vote rigging is suspected to take place and Putin's popularity is currently down to 59%, albeit no doubt western leaders would love to see such approval ratings as Putin has enjoyed:
“I really hope the country’s citizens will take part actively in the vote on the amendments to the constitution,” Putin, whose current term ends in 2024, told a televised government meeting.

Critics have dismissed the vote as a constitutional coup which they fear will be rigged and urged voters to stay away or to reject the proposed changes.

Putin until 2036 vote date set for 1st July 2020. This will be the second (if approved) change of the Russian constitution and maximum terms of being President under his watch, albeit this time the public get a vote. Vote rigging is suspected to take place and Putin's popularity is currently down to 59%, albeit no doubt western leaders would love to see such approval ratings as Putin has enjoyed:
From formal point of view the changes in the Constitution have been accepted by the parliament and so called 'voting' is absolutely redundant. It is just staged performance with predefined result.
Btw, the Constitution contains an article about referendum and now the 'voting' is not a referendum but something strange and unconstitutional.
So I will not take part in this circus staged by Putin along with his gang of crooks and thieves.

From formal point of view the changes in the Constitution have been accepted by the parliament and so called 'voting' is absolutely redundant. It is just staged performance with predefined result.
Btw, the Constitution contains an article about referendum and now the 'voting' is not a referendum but something strange and unconstitutional.
The way I read it there’s two caveats, approved by the Constitutional Court and a ‘more than half’ referendum:

The enactment of all these amendments shall be subject to two conditions. The Law amending the Constitution of the Russian Federation provides for submitting a request to the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation for reviewing the conformity of proposed amendments with Chapters 1, 2 and 9 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation. If the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation issues an opinion confirming that that proposed amendments are consistent with the Constitution of the Russian Federation, a national vote shall be held.

If more than one half of citizens taking part in the national vote approve the amendments to the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the amendments to Chapters 3 through 8 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation as set out in the Law amending the Constitution of the Russian Federation shall enter into force.

So I will not take part in this circus staged by Putin along with his gang of crooks and thieves.
I always wonder at that viewpoint. I may not agree with a referendum (we rarely get them anyway), but I vote just to have my say. Otherwise, I don’t think I’ve exercised my right to vote.

I always wonder at that viewpoint. I may not agree with a referendum (we rarely get them anyway), but I vote just to have my say. Otherwise, I don’t think I’ve exercised my right to vote.
Most of constitutional amendments are about social guarantees. They are quite harmless, although declarative. Ordinary people will vote for them. But there is a key amendment that is rarely being mentioned on Putin's agitprop TV. It gives mr.Putin an ability to be elected in 2024 and 2030. So the result of voting is predefined. More than 50% will take part and more than 67% will vote for. These changes in the Constitution were instigated just to prolong Putin's rule as far as possible. Empty social guaranties are just a cover to hide the key amendment.
As for regions then local governors will 'count' votes even 'better' that Moscow could wish. But as for Moscow itself then falsehoods in the capital are not so easy thing as in remote corners of Russia.
So I se an objective - to make number of voters in Moscow as low as possible.
As for real elections - the next Parliamentary ones then of course I will vote.

Most of constitutional amendments are about social guarantees. They are quite harmless, although declarative. Ordinary people will vote for them. But there is a key amendment that is rarely being mentioned on Putin's agitprop TV. It gives mr.Putin an ability to be elected in 2024 and 2030. So the result of voting is predefined. More than 50% will take part and more than 67% will vote for. These changes in the Constitution were instigated just to prolong Putin's rule as far as possible. Empty social guaranties are just a cover to hide the key amendment.
As for regions then local governors will 'count' votes even 'better' that Moscow could wish. But as for Moscow itself then falsehoods in the capital are not so easy thing as in remote corners of Russia.
So I se an objective - to make number of voters in Moscow as low as possible.
As for real elections - the next Parliamentary ones then of course I will vote.
We know re the extension and other matters, I posted the new date and a link to the changes. They’re on the Kremlin website and I assume the Russian version is similar, if not the same.

I am surprised at your willingness to roll over so easily. ‘We’ take voting as a natural course and some exercise their right not to vote. However, if I was so interested in politics as you appear to be I would vote at every opportunity, particularly if my country only had the chance to vote for its leader as recently as 30 years ago (other than Communist Party or Communist Party, which you still apparently vote for).

Still, it takes all sorts :)

Latest Threads