Dedicated Russian thread

Why is it that on my phone I can see the Twitter links, but they seem to have disappeared off my computer after an update?

Прозрачность.

But then, on the other hand, there is a huge range of words which convey "embarrassing f**k up" and "which we don't want the public to know about".
Spasiba.

Possible mong transliteration.

Zhopa

War Hero
Well this made me laugh, because who would trust more than North Korea and Russia to stamp out fake news
Essential context:

(all helpfully omitted from BBCM's original tweet because they are now run by the BBC and are therefore on occasion worse than useless.)

Alexei Leonov, the first man to walk in space, has died in Moscow at age 85.
Russia's space agency, Roscosmos, says Alexei Leonov, the first human to walk in space 54 years ago, has died in Moscow. He was 85.
He performed his spacewalk in the 18th of March, 1965.
Leonov performed his spacewalk on March 18, 1965, when he exited his Voskhod 2 capsule, secured by a tether.

Ten years later he commanded the Soviet half of the joint US-Soviet space mission where a Soyuz and Apollo space capsules linked up.
On his second trip to space ten years later, Leonov commanded the Soviet half of the Apollo-Soyuz 19 mission. It was the first joint space mission between the Soviet Union and the United States, carried out at the height of the Cold War.
He will be buried at a military cemetery outside Moscow on Tuesday.
Roscosmos said Leonov would be buried Tuesday at a military memorial cemetery outside Moscow.

Slime

LE
Alexei Leonov, the first man to walk in space, has died in Moscow at age 85.

He performed his spacewalk in the 18th of March, 1965.

Ten years later he commanded the Soviet half of the joint US-Soviet space mission where a Soyuz and Apollo space capsules linked up.

He will be buried at a military cemetery outside Moscow on Tuesday.
He was a very brave and very cool chap imho.
Considering the issue had had with his suit during his space walk and re entry to his capsule it was pretty astounding he made it back to earth at all.

Latest Threads