Dedicated Russian thread

Comedy Club on TNT TV-channel shows how Putin visits pharmacy and nobody recognises him ... because the 'stuff' are FSB officers instructed not to recognise Putin, to treat him as 'an ordinary visitor'.
Presumably based on this?
Also, not sure if you meant ‘staff’ instead of stuff’?

Last edited:
Curious that Russia has an air disaster with the loss of multiple Russian lives is given a stiff ignoring by the Russian members in preference to Game of Thrones and a comedy skit

Curious that Russia has an air disaster with the loss of multiple Russian lives is given a stiff ignoring by the Russian members in preference to Game of Thrones and a comedy skit
But entirely consistent with the “Muscovite Mindset”.

Excellent article in this weeks Economist about Alexei Navalny and how he is still attempting to transform Russian politics despite all obstacles placed in his way by the Kremlin.
Russian trade unions get political

Bad news for the head of Russian corrupted regime. Putin's personal approval rating is on historical low - 31.7%
Глава ВЦИОМа объяснил падение рейтинга Путина отсутствием веры россиян в рост доходов
The head of Russian polling institute explains it this way
Russian citizens "do not believe that life will be better tomorrow than today." “What does it mean to live better? This means: when will our incomes start growing? ”Said Mr. Fedorov. He noted that people are “annoying” and “surprised” by the situation when revenues do not grow for five years in a row, although the acute phase of the crisis ended in 2016.
Not so long ago police colonel was detained. About $180 mln. in cash had been found in one of 12 flats that he baught.
However, recently this record fell. FSB colonel was detained. About $230 mln. of alleged bribes were found.
One could only fancy what are sizes of bribes of generals.
Commenting on the pension reform, the head of VTsIOM pointed to the “crossed-out expectations” among Russians for an increase in wages, improvement in medicine and education. “We were shown - no, in the future we will simply work more for the same money,” said Mr. Fedorov, calling it “the effect of black glasses.”

Interesna......

Russian UN employee detained by Kosovo in armed raid on north
Of course he's undoubtedly innocent and won't have any speckled pigeon feathers on his clothing:
A Russian UN employee was among more than two dozen people detained by Kosovo police in an armed raid in the Serb-dominated north of the country that has caused international tensions.

Moscow denounced it as a “provocation” and the Serbian president, Aleksandar Vučić, announced he had put the army on full alert. A Serbian military column was on Tuesday afternoon heading south towards Kosovo from the central city of Kraljevo, Serbia’s official news agency reported.

Kosovo’s president, Hashim Thaçi, said the raid was aimed at combatting criminal groups operating in the north of Kosovo, a hotspot for smuggling. He said the Russian UN employee was “camouflaged under a diplomatic veil to hamper the police operation”.
Apparently, they didn't realise he was Russian, that he impeded the officers work and used a UN vehicle when doing so:
Selim Selimi, Haradinaj’s chief of staff, said police had not realised the UN employee was a Russian citizen, and had arrested him because he was impeding their work. “The use of the official UN vehicle was done intentionally, and this person clearly picked a side in an issue that relates neither to the UN or the UN mission in Kosovo,” he said.

UNMIK, the United Nations mission stationed in Kosovo, said two staff members were injured in the incident. Zahir Tanin, its head, called for the immediate release of the UNMIK staff and said “any harm to United Nationsstaff will be met with the highest degree of diplomatic and international legal responses”.

The spokesman for the Nato peacekeeping mission based in Kosovo, Vincenzo Grasso, said the force is monitoring the situation and coordinating with authorities.

Russian UN employee detained by Kosovo in armed raid on north
Of course he's undoubtedly innocent and won't have any speckled pigeon feathers on his clothing:

Apparently, they didn't realise he was Russian, that he impeded the officers work and used a UN vehicle when doing so:
Kosovo authorities don't respect status of UN diplomat? Hardly anybody is surprised.
Putin is a coward. Another Russian president would order to use cruise missiles from a ship in Ardiatic sea as a retaliation. The Americans would do exactly this. Strike on police headquaters in Pristina would be very sobering.
Belgrade was bombed at time. So why Pristina could not be bombed?

Kosovo authorities don't respect status of UN diplomat? Hardly anybody is surprised.
I’m not surprised that a Russian national wearing the trappings of the U.N. is doing something he (allegedly) shouldn’t.
Putin is a coward. Another Russian president would order to use cruise missiles from a ship in Ardiatic sea as a retaliation. The Americans would do exactly this. Strike on police headquaters in Pristina would be very sobering.
When did the US launch TLAMs when one of their citizens under U.N. Comd was arrested?

I’m not surprised that a Russian national wearing the trappings of the U.N. is doing something he (allegedly) shouldn’t.
Let's look what has happened
Tensions rise between Serbia and Kosovo
"The UN mission in Kosovo said that it is concerned by the developments in Northern Kosovo today, including the detention of two UN staff members who were carrying out their duties by the Kosovo police," said Farhan Haq, deputy spokesperson for the UN Secretary-General. Haq said that both UN staff members were transferred to a hospital for "treatment of their injuries."
Kosovo Police Operation Fans Tensions With Serbia, Russia
Kosovar President Hashim Thaci earlier said that a Russian citizen who was "camouflaged as a diplomat in order to prevent the police operation" was among those detained.
So called 'president' suggested that the Russian was fake 'diplomat' but
Prime Minister Ramush Haradinaj tweeted that Kosovo will "treat the case of the Russian 'diplomat' in accordance with international conventions."
Note, that the PM wrote about 'diplomat' (not just a diplomat) but agrees to follow international conventions. In fact he recognised his diplomatic status. In this context Moscow waits for apologies.
Russian diplomat mr.Krasnoshchekov is to be tranferred to Belgrade to military hospital as he was seriously injuried.

As you know Washington is ready to defend US citizens in any corner of the globe. Moscow has the same right. Though with coward Putin there will be no any retaliation.
When did the US launch TLAMs when one of their citizens under U.N. Comd was arrested?
Not only arrested but assaulted and seriously injuried.

Last edited:
Let's look what has happened
Tensions rise between Serbia and Kosovo

Kosovo Police Operation Fans Tensions With Serbia, Russia

So called 'president' suggested that the Russian was fake 'diplomat' but

Note, that the PM wrote about 'diplomat' (not just a diplomat) but agrees to follow international conventions. In fact he recognised his diplomatic status. In this context Moscow waits for apologies.

Russian diplomat mr.Krasnoshchekov is to be tranferred to Belgrade to military hospital as he was seriously injuried.
I'm sure Russia will get the apology it deserves ........... Anyone who isn't aware of the history and recent agitation would be wearing a formidable set of blinkers.
As you know Washington is ready to defend US citizens in any corner of the globe. Moscow has the same right. Though with coward Putin there will be no any retaliation.

Not only arrested but assaulted and seriously injuried.
You have no examples of the US using TLAMs against a country arresting their citizens then? I thought so. Thank you.

You have no examples of the US using TLAMs against a country arresting their citizens then? I thought so. Thank you.
I repeat, Kosovo authorities not only arrested the UN diplomat and Russian citizen but assaulted him and serioualy injuried.
And I repeat Washington is ready to use military force to defend its citizens anywhere. Let's recall Grenada. The island was invaded and captured while no one US citizen was really in danger.
United States invasion of Grenada - Wikipedia
The US government defended its invasion of Grenada as an action to protect American citizens, including medical students, living on the island.
However, scholars of international law have concluded that the invasion constituted neither justifiable self-defense (because there was no credible imminent threat to the US), nor humanitarian intervention or rescue (because there was no credible immediate danger to US citizens), and, in any case, the US invasion far exceeded in the scope and magnitude of force used and in duration any action that would have been necessary to remove US citizens.
Returning to Kosovo, Russia according to UN charter has right for selfdefence. If Kosovar authorities will not bring apologies and will not punish those responsible then Russia could use all means at its disposal to defend Russian citizens in a way it regards effective.

Edited to add. Russia-24 TV-channel shows the Russian diplomat. He was hit by butt in a head. His jaw is broken. It happened after the diplomat showed UN ID card and told about his diplomatic status.

Last edited:
I repeat, Kosovo authorities not only arrested the UN diplomat and Russian citizen but assaulted him and serioualy injuried.
:) you pretend (or at least one of you does), to be a private citizen yet every time you push the Kremlin line. Put the better spelling and less bolshy Sergey back on.
And I repeat Washington is ready to use military force to defend its citizens anywhere. Let's recall Grenada. The island was invaded and captured while no one US citizen was really in danger.
United States invasion of Grenada - Wikipedia
I also repeat (actually say again, but that’s another story), you have no examples of TLAMs being used by the US when one of their citizens is arrested. Some ‘whataboutery’ in Grenada as usual
Returning to Kosovo, Russia according to UN charter has right for selfdefence. If Kosovar authorities will not bring apologies and will not punish those responsible then Russia could use all means at its disposal to defend Russian citizens in a way it regards effective.
You mean more than sabre rattling and supporting Serbia? Ignoring their sabre rattling and trying to influence the separatist movement?

Firing TLAMs for the arrest of somebody is a bit much even for hot heads like you.

:) you pretend (or at least one of you does), to be a private citizen yet every time you push the Kremlin line. Put the better spelling and less bolshy Sergey back on.

I also repeat (actually say again, but that’s another story), you have no examples of TLAMs being used by the US when one of their citizens is arrested. Some ‘whataboutery’ in Grenada as usual

You mean more than sabre rattling and supporting Serbia? Ignoring their sabre rattling and trying to influence the separatist movement?

Firing TLAMs for the arrest of somebody is a bit much even for hot heads like you.
I'm a Russian partiot that you probably failed (unable) to understand (to accept). In this context my position is quite natural (understandable). For example I believe that Russian citizens should be respected anywhere, especially Russian diplomats. Those who are that stupid to insult such nation as Russia should be punished (educated). As for means of education then in this particular case cruise missiles would be very effective (educative).
Alas there is only a handful of true Russian patriots in Russian government. Pres.Putin is a coward. And alas my personal opinion is different in comparison with Kremlin's line. US/UK/France are ready to bomb Syria (UN member) in violation of the International law. By contrast Moscow could bomb Kosovo separatists/terrorists quite lawfully. Kosovo is not a UN member. So UN charter is not applicable to it.
Let's recall that Washington for years bombed tribal areas in Pakistan using drones. For what reason? Allegedly there were 'terrorists'. So Moscow following this example could also hit terrorists in Kosovo that don't follow international law, don't respect diplomatic status of UN personnel.
What the West could do in the case with cruise missiles strikes? Nothing (except impotent protests). WW3 is not an option.
By your question you suggest that Moscow can do only exactly something that previously Washington has done. From my point of view the word 'exact;y' should be removed.
Washington unleashed a lot of wars, bombed a lot of countries, territories. Belgrade was bombed also using cruise missiles (including British ones). So these idiots in Pristina could be bombed using cruise missiles. Why not?

I'm a Russian partiot that you probably failed (unable) to understand (to accept). In this context my position is quite natural (understandable). For example I believe that Russian citizens should be respected anywhere, especially Russian diplomats. Those who are that stupid to insult such nation as Russia should be punished (educated). As for means of education then in this particular case cruise missiles would be very effective (educative).
I’m well aware of your so called patriotism which rhymes with the Kremlin’s stance. The only difference is you call Putin and co ‘crooks and thieves’.

TLAMs are an appropriate response to a diplomat being arrested? Seriously?
Alas there is only a handful of true Russian patriots in Russian government. Pres.Putin is a coward. And alas my personal opinion is different in comparison with Kremlin's line.
No it’s not
US/UK/France are ready to bomb Syria (UN member) in violation of the International law. By contrast Moscow could bomb Kosovo separatists/terrorists quite lawfully. Kosovo is not a UN member. So UN charter is not applicable to it.
You have evidence that Kosovo is using CW and has 12 vetoes against its use?
Let's recall that Washington for years bombed tribal areas in Pakistan using drones. For what reason? Allegedly there were 'terrorists'. So Moscow following this example could also hit terrorists in Kosovo that don't follow international law, don't respect diplomatic status of UN personnel.
Seriously? That is some ‘whataboutery’
What the West could do in the case with cruise missiles strikes? Nothing (except impotent protests). WW3 is not an option.
Nope, but more sanctions will make you squeal despite you saying they have no effect.
By your question you suggest that Moscow can do only exactly something that previously Washington has done. From my point of view the word 'exact;y' should be removed.
You’re the one who thinks TLAMs are an appropriate response. You still have no examples of the US doing this.
Washington unleashed a lot of wars, bombed a lot of countries, territories. Belgrade was bombed also using cruise missiles (including British ones). So these idiots in Pristina could be bombed using cruise missiles. Why not?
You believe an appropriate response to the arrest of a diplomat who probably was stepping outside his remit is launching TLAMs? Idiocy 101.

I’m well aware of your so called patriotism which rhymes with the Kremlin’s stance. The only difference is you call Putin and co ‘crooks and thieves’.

TLAMs are an appropriate response to a diplomat being arrested? Seriously?

No it’s not

You have evidence that Kosovo is using CW and has 12 vetoes against its use?

Seriously? That is some ‘whataboutery’

Nope, but more sanctions will make you squeal despite you saying they have no effect.

You’re the one who thinks TLAMs are an appropriate response. You still have no examples of the US doing this.

You believe an appropriate response to the arrest of a diplomat who probably was stepping outside his remit is launching TLAMs? Idiocy 101.
My the last comment is short.

Disrespect to Russia and Russian diplomats => punishment in the most effective and understandable form.

My the last comment is short.

Disrespect to Russia and Russian diplomats => punishment in the most effective and understandable form.
I still see no evidence of your comment: "Another Russian president would order to use cruise missiles from a ship in Ardiatic sea as a retaliation. The Americans would do exactly this."

Perhaps the answer is to make sure diplomats don't get involved in things they shouldn't? That way, they're not arrested.

I'm sure some of ours have been throughout the years, but I don't recall me threatening TLAM strikes because of it.

Latest Threads