Dedicated Russian thread

Hostile takeover Russian style?

Russia airline co-owner dies in plane crash

The co-owner of Russia's second biggest airline died when her private plane crashed in Germany, the firm says.

Natalia Fileva, one of Russia's richest women and the major shareholder in S7, also known as Siberia Airlines, died when the plane crashed while landing at Egelsbach airport near Frankfurt.
Or was she out of favour with the dictator.

New survey by Rossat, so an impeachable source, said that Russia is doing so well under Mr Putin that they only need one pair of shoes a year. Mr Peskov, Putin's spokesperson can't understand why Russia is doing so well.
Kremlin doubts Russians too poor to buy shoes

1554362311516.png

Asked to comment on the findings, President Vladimir Putin's spokesman sighed deeply before saying that the Kremlin "struggled" to understand the data.

"Why shoes? Why one third? Where are these figures from?" Mr Peskov asked, adding that he would be "grateful" for an explanation from Rosstat.
My wife would love it there as my meat consumption would have to drop to fit in with what the people like to eat. Out of the 21 meals I have I'm having difficulty thinking of one when I don't have meat or fish although I did have two eggs for breakfast yesterday to use them up.

But things will improve (Mr Putin with a 5 year plan).

Other statistics have improved slightly. Two years ago, 15% of families had no indoor toilet and 54% were unable to afford a holiday.
But then re-equipping the forces to fight an imaginary enemy is very expensive.

New survey by Rossat, so an impeachable source, said that Russia is doing so well under Mr Putin that they only need one pair of shoes a year. Mr Peskov, Putin's spokesperson can't understand why Russia is doing so well.

View attachment 386073

My wife would love it there as my meat consumption would have to drop to fit in with what the people like to eat. Out of the 21 meals I have I'm having difficulty thinking of one when I don't have meat or fish although I did have two eggs for breakfast yesterday to use them up.

I guess Mr Peskov watches too much Russian television and believes the news it gives out::

“We’re not on TV right now — we can tell the truth,” says Russian TV host off-air |

View attachment 386073

I guess Putin may now be looking for another country to invade/ intervene in, to distract people from their domestic dissatisfaction.

It looks like even well paid TV personalities/stations can't afford decent clothes for the hosts.

The picture they are using behind them is also very interesting in the way they have resented the candidates.

I guess Putin may now be looking for another country to invade/ intervene in, to distract people from their domestic dissatisfaction.
Summer season is on its way and the advance party tour guides have already been sent out to find interesting places to visit in sunnier climes. All those who could not afford a 2 week holiday in the sun will soon get an all expenses paid one in the sun where the Ruble will go a lot further than at home. Will they bring their own cabbages or buy locally? Will we see signs for full Russian breakfast appearing on the main strip.

I think he's keen to get Belarus under his wing but they're not interested.
Bit too close for a distraction as the truth can be checked with people you know over the border. Some place far away without the ability to have direct contact and fact check will do nicely.

Venezuela will do nicely.

The Muscovite Mindset at work - continually trying to weaken whomever they perceive as a threat. (Essentially what Moscow does not control, or believes it can control, it sees as a threat that needs to be eliminated. It believes everyone else is trying to do the same thing to Russia and if they are not - more fool them).

Typical (and effective) Russian Info Ops: Russian trolls spread anti-vaccine misinformation.

How Russia Sows Confusion in the U.S. Vaccine Debate

Excerpt:
After combing through nearly 2 million tweets recorded between 2014 and 2017, the researchers found that Russian troll accounts were significantly more likely to tweet about vaccination than general Twitter users. They had turned to vaccines as a wedge issue in an effort to ramp up social discord, erode trust in public health institutions, and exacerbate fear and division in the United States.

Any kind of military operation in Venezuela will raise oil prices and really improve Russian wealth.
No, it will not improve Russian wealth because most of it will be skimmed off by Putin and his close associates, the crumbs that are left will go to the useful idiots he employs to try and divert attention from his criminal activities.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
No, it will not improve Russian wealth because most of it will be skimmed off by Putin and his close associates, the crumbs that are left will go to the useful idiots he employs to try and divert attention from his criminal activities.
He-he-he. Putin's close associates are at least 84% of Russian population.

Russia. Clarified
Jeez, a Facebook site with 4 ‘likes’ and 7 ‘follows’ :rolleyes:

My mates decking company had more on the first day of publication. I presume they have no ‘friends’ to tell. Under ‘related sites’ with a nice ‘supportvlad’ url:
Support Putin - Support Russia

Seems a few Russkies with wads of cash just love the idea of living in Malta:

Rich Russians Still Buying Passports in Racket Daphne Caruana Galizia Died Exposing

I think it's called hedging their bets in case Putin and his goons come knocking.
It is not uncommon for the wealthy who live in countries whose citizens face a lot of visa restrictions to get themselves a second (or third) passport. The Chinese rather famously do the same in large numbers, as do quite a few in the Middle East.

I haven't read the article in question, but the Maltese were basically selling passports to whomever could pay for them. Since Malta was able to piggyback on EU visa travel agreements, this made them a popular choice.

If the Maltese abuse it too much, this may last until some countries outside the EU get tired of it and start requiring visas for all Maltese passport holders.

Latest Threads