Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Dedicated Russian thread

KGB_resident

On ROPS
On ROPs
Other threads are sometimes overloaded by remarks only remotely connected to their themes. So it would be helpful to have a separate thread to discuss Russians, Russian mindset, habits, customs, Russian politics, politicians and so on and so forth.
@scalieback agrees with it.
As there doesn't seem to be a dedicated Russia thread (might be useful imo...
Please, send remarks in charmng NAAFI style on other threads.

My knowledge of the Russians is somewhat dated, KGB, but I doubt little has changed.

I rather admire them for keeping old traditions alive in the face of much adversity over the centuries (imposed both from within and without their borders). I also like their dry humour, their heartiness and spirituality, poetry, music and literature. There's a really good people and culture there that deserve a better expression on the world stage.

Not yet convinced that Putin is the right chap to express that on your behalf, though.

I don't have any particular axe to grind about Russia.

Mayhem-causing chancers who stagger about like a drunk on Saturday night smashing windows on their own street draw equal amounts of disdain.

Do you do metaphor?

Since the amateur PR efforts of Bros Stolichnaya and Co. don't appear to work on Nato Sodomite Snipers - has thought been given to hiring some professional ad agency to do it for you?

Может товарищ Путин объяснить товарищу, почему Корбин бомбить ISIS в Сирии это хорошая идея?

This may not go well. (Blame google translate).

My knowledge of the Russians is somewhat dated, KGB, but I doubt little has changed.

I rather admire them for keeping old traditions alive in the face of much adversity over the centuries (imposed both from within and without their borders). I also like their dry humour, their heartiness and spirituality, poetry, music and literature. There's a really good people and culture there that deserve a better expression on the world stage.

Not yet convinced that Putin is the right chap to express that on your behalf, though.
As for mr.Putin then
- I never voted for him or for his party on elections.
- He is not an idiot
- Previously I underestimated him. And I believe that many in the West still underestimate him.
- He looks as typical Russian from a street, is regarded by many as 'one of us'
- Sometimes he is rude but in Russia it is not a great sin
- He hasn't so excellent education as pres.Bush (son) but in the context of famous Bushims unlikely Putinisms could be found.
- Previously Russia (the Soviet union, Russian Empire) had so many bad leaders that on this background mr.Putin looks well.

I have a question for you and for others
Name me Western politician that has (had) capabilities, propper type to be a model for ideal Russian leader?
Reagan? Clinton? Bush? Obama? Blair? Brown? Cameron? Sarkozy? Hollande?

My wife frequently visits German forums. A slogan - give up Putin instead of Merkel - is very popular.