Dedicated Russian thread

Other threads are sometimes overloaded by remarks only remotely connected to their themes. So it would be helpful to have a separate thread to discuss Russians, Russian mindset, habits, customs, Russian politics, politicians and so on and so forth.
@scalieback agrees with it.
As there doesn't seem to be a dedicated Russia thread (might be useful imo...
Please, send remarks in charmng NAAFI style on other threads.

скучно

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
My knowledge of the Russians is somewhat dated, KGB, but I doubt little has changed.

I rather admire them for keeping old traditions alive in the face of much adversity over the centuries (imposed both from within and without their borders). I also like their dry humour, their heartiness and spirituality, poetry, music and literature. There's a really good people and culture there that deserve a better expression on the world stage.

Not yet convinced that Putin is the right chap to express that on your behalf, though.

I don't have any particular axe to grind about Russia.

Mayhem-causing chancers who stagger about like a drunk on Saturday night smashing windows on their own street draw equal amounts of disdain.

Do you do metaphor?

D

Deleted 20555

Since the amateur PR efforts of Bros Stolichnaya and Co. don't appear to work on Nato Sodomite Snipers - has thought been given to hiring some professional ad agency to do it for you?

Может товарищ Путин объяснить товарищу, почему Корбин бомбить ISIS в Сирии это хорошая идея?

This may not go well. (Blame google translate).

Russian mindsets? There is only one

Belligerent, warmongering, small minded homophobes.

My knowledge of the Russians is somewhat dated, KGB, but I doubt little has changed.

I rather admire them for keeping old traditions alive in the face of much adversity over the centuries (imposed both from within and without their borders). I also like their dry humour, their heartiness and spirituality, poetry, music and literature. There's a really good people and culture there that deserve a better expression on the world stage.

Not yet convinced that Putin is the right chap to express that on your behalf, though.
As for mr.Putin then
- I never voted for him or for his party on elections.
- He is not an idiot
- Previously I underestimated him. And I believe that many in the West still underestimate him.
- He looks as typical Russian from a street, is regarded by many as 'one of us'
- Sometimes he is rude but in Russia it is not a great sin
- He hasn't so excellent education as pres.Bush (son) but in the context of famous Bushims unlikely Putinisms could be found.
- Previously Russia (the Soviet union, Russian Empire) had so many bad leaders that on this background mr.Putin looks well.

I have a question for you and for others
Name me Western politician that has (had) capabilities, propper type to be a model for ideal Russian leader?
Reagan? Clinton? Bush? Obama? Blair? Brown? Cameron? Sarkozy? Hollande?

My wife frequently visits German forums. A slogan - give up Putin instead of Merkel - is very popular.

I'm learning Russian. I wouldn't say I was dedicated though. I would prefer a ''semi-committed Russian" thread. Pajalsta.

As for mr.Putin then
- I never voted for him or for his party on elections.
- He is not an idiot
- Previously I underestimated him. And I believe that many in the West still underestimate him.
- He looks as typical Russian from a street, is regarded by many as 'one of us'
- Sometimes he is rude but in Russia it is not a great sin
- He hasn't so excellent education as pres.Bush (son) but in the context of famous Bushims unlikely Putinisms could be found.
- Previously Russia (the Soviet union, Russian Empire) had so many bad leaders that on this background mr.Putin looks well.

I have a question for you and for others
Name me Western politician that has (had) capabilities, propper type to be a model for ideal Russian leader?
Reagan? Clinton? Bush? Obama? Blair? Brown? Cameron? Sarkozy? Hollande?

My wife frequently visits German forums. A slogan - give up Putin instead of Merkel - is very popular.
I can't answer your question, I'm afraid. I'm not sure Russia can have a model leader yet, your country's history is very complicated and not yet settled. It's only one generation since the USSR collapsed and only 3 or 4 generations since the revolution, after all.

Putin has done well, he was a KGB Major in Dresden when I was a Brixmis Captain sniffing around the DDR. He's now President of Russia and I'm just a poster on Arrse.

Может товарищ Путин объяснить товарищу, почему Корбин бомбить ISIS в Сирии это хорошая идея?

This may not go well. (Blame google translate).
Sir, I kindly ask you to write in English.
You asked - Could comrade Putin to explain comrade Corbyn why bombing of ISIS is a godd idea.
I reckon that yes. However, mr.Putin is too buzy last day thus it could be done by comrade Zyuganov - leader of Russian communist party moreover that he as comrade Corbyn is also Marxist.

Putin has done well, he was a KGB Major in Dresden when I was a Brixmis Captain sniffing around the DDR. He's now President of Russia and I'm just a poster on Arrse.
No (polonium) tea for you then

Other threads are sometimes overloaded by remarks only remotely connected to their themes. So it would be helpful to have a separate thread to discuss Russians, Russian mindset, habits, customs, Russian politics, politicians and so on and so forth.
@scalieback agrees with it.

Please, send remarks in charmng NAAFI style on other threads.
The point was more to ascertain why some posters on here so favour Russia and to have a 'reasoned' response from you and/or YarS and even other Russians whose names I can't tag as no Cyrillic keyboard

It's not so much for you to regurgitate the propaganda, we see that on loads of threads, more to get an insight into Russia and why it behaves as it does. After all, at least one poster states they've travelled Russia extensively and always complains when your propaganda is refuted so it might make be easier to explain why on here.

I also get the feeling that Russia in Syria good, Russia in Ukraine not so good is at the bottom of some points. Could be wrong ......

Anyway, Nemtsov's daughter says Putin isn't forever: 'Putin is not forever', says daughter of slain opposition leader
Obviously not, but when and will it be of his own choosing?

Latest Threads