Decorated Veteran fighting for life after attack...

Yet Police and Crime Commisioners offices are growing year on year, a politically led, bloated extra layer of beaurocracy that adds very little to actual crime fighting. Salaries for Commissioners vary from £85k to £125k dependent on the region, some have up to 4 ‘deputies’ on £65k and they all have Chief Executives on a minimum of £75k.
How on earth did the Police manage before?!

Along with Blairs cut price PCSO's or plastic coppers who are useless & use cash that should be spent on real police.

Don't take all the lime light, Scotland, and especially Glasgow and surrounding areas have a pretty large issue with knife crime. Police Scotland are pretty good at denying it and therefore "not seeing it".

We have the highest number of school kids carrying knives in the UK.
That’s a fair call out. I was using those as recent examples, but well aware of similar problems north of the border. I lived almost 5 years in Glasgow and very quickly learned about the places to avoid! Still a great city though and I’d much rather have a long weekend in Glasgow (or Edinburgh) than London.

May reduced her Department's budget by 28% as Home Secretary. She was directed to reduce it by 24% but actually went further. As a result, numbers have reduced massively.
A great headline figure. There was me thinking that local authorities spent a proportion of council tax on the police. I didn't realise the entire budget came from the Home Office thus May was 100% responsible.

A great headline figure. There was me thinking that local authorities spent a proportion of council tax on the police. I didn't realise the entire budget came from the Home Office thus May was 100% responsible.
The Police are co-funded and directed by the HO. The reduction in budget meant that the Police could no longer afford to maintain numbers or do certain activities. The exact same situation exists with local government finances.

The Police are co-funded and directed by the HO. The reduction in budget meant that the Police could no longer afford to maintain numbers or do certain activities. The exact same situation exists with local government finances.
With respect that doesn't mean much at all. May has been 'forced' to continue with restraints on budgets everywhere, as was Cameron. No one's fault, world recession etc but not helped buy a spend or bust attitude previously.
But its not like cent govt has direct control of budget spend - thats the responsibility of individual bodies & rightly so. If the money isn't there (which it hasn't been) then spending priorities adjust. No dramas in that.

With respect that doesn't mean much at all. May has been 'forced' to continue with restraints on budgets everywhere, as was Cameron. No one's fault, world recession etc but not helped buy a spend or bust attitude previously.
But its not like cent govt has direct control of budget spend - thats the responsibility of individual bodies & rightly so. If the money isn't there (which it hasn't been) then spending priorities adjust. No dramas in that.
May voluntarily gave away more of her budget. To my mind, and if you'll forgive the pun, that is criminal!

Not sure about that. Scum is scum and us whities have our fair share of low lifes who are just as capable of carrying out this type of moronic, brutal attack. Hope the old fella makes a full recovery.
I’ve just watched a report on a Special Needs school in the North East being vandalised - the playground and minibus were trashed and offensive, anti-disabled graffiti was sprayed everywhere. Disgusting. Then add into the mix the sheer scale of knife crime and gang warfare in and around London.
Fact is, the country is going to the dogs and our inadequate Political class appear clueless about how to tackle it head on.
Ticking the latest diversity box? Bring it on - they are falling over themselves to be seen at the forefront of all that bollocks.
Tackling the crime epidemic? Naval gazers, the useless bunch of mediocrities!
Agreed and I think you were kind to the 'clueless naval gazers' isolated and detached in the government bubble. There's something wrong when professional victims and politicos are stuck on permasend about 'racism', 'hate', and 'Diversity', ignoring the lawless and violent mess that the UK has slid into.

They could care less as long as spotlights are kept on their OCD fetishes, victimhood and personal gripes. Moreover, violent crime, drugs and countrywide sex trafficking, or endemic Child Sexual Exploitation, were obviously not priorities for your right-on "useless bunch of mediocrities" pandering to loony tune minorities.

The police - even the much-maligned senior officers - seem to have cottoned on, but government hasn't governed and hasn't picked up on Britain's slide into endemic urban violence. "A wild west with violence rising steeply and children as young as nine carrying knives". Police need focus on violent crime, not hate crime, says UK's top police officer, in The Telegraph, after Sara Thornton, (NPCC), had warned that dealing with PC bollix and big jessies cost police too much time and resources, as I understood her.

Unfortunately command and control were lost while they were all fcuking about.

Yet Police and Crime Commisioners offices are growing year on year, a politically led, bloated extra layer of beaurocracy that adds very little to actual crime fighting. Salaries for Commissioners vary from £85k to £125k dependent on the region, some have up to 4 ‘deputies’ on £65k and they all have Chief Executives on a minimum of £75k.
How on earth did the Police manage before?!
A short drop on a long rope tended to limit reoffending.

May voluntarily gave away more of her budget. To my mind, and if you'll forgive the pun, that is criminal!
It's all Pi55ing into a gale. ALL of modern Britain's problems would disappear in an instant if 15 to 20 million newcomers weren't committing an avalanche of crime and sucking obsessively from the Welfare teat.

Along with Blairs cut price PCSO's or plastic coppers who are useless & use cash that should be spent on real police.
Would you believe that as a Special Constable I had to accompany (as in look after) PCSO's in one of the local market towns when they were short handed.

Ridiculous isn't it, a part time volunteer looking after a playground monitor.

Would you believe that as a Special Constable I had to accompany (as in look after) PCSO's in one of the local market towns when they were short handed.

I've always felt there is something just a little suspect about someone who is willing to work for free in exchange for a powerful(ish) uniform.

I've always felt there is something just a little suspect about someone who is willing to work for free in exchange for a powerful(ish) uniform.
I enjoy coppering. I would have re-joined, I was regularly asked to but, turned it down as I was making more fixing up houses and by volunteering had the ultimate flexibility to do as much or as little as I wanted - all stopped when the first nipper came along.

There are a total mix of people who go into Specials, my best mucker in there was a senior engineer for Eddie Jordan at the time, but there were bus drivers to CEO's and a few ex-army lads too. Some of the police forces use Specials as a route to people becoming full-time regular officers - giving them a taste and flavour of the job before they spend money on them at training school. There were a couple of Blakeys, remember his character from On the Buses? They were only interested in trying to climb the greasy pole of rank in the Specials and would happily shit on anyone and were generally individuals who were, shall we say, not successful in their paying day jobs.

No one used to abuse it, I knew a couple who would tell you they joined to volunteer for footie match duty as they got the best places in the ground to watch the match, another used to do duty at the cricket matches.

Or people can sit at home moaning about how shite things are, this lets you legally deal with and help sort community problems and issues - personally I'm not a spit licking politician, I'd rather be doing stuff practically.

Last edited:
True, but it's operational emphasis comes from Khan. If he and his chronies say that police need to be focusing their efforts on anti-semetic lesbians, then guess what happens. Meanwhile, shitely cowardice like this happens.
Of course there was none of this nonsense under the watchful eye of BoJo.

Of course there was none of this nonsense under the watchful eye of BoJo.
Saint BoJo if you don't mind...I've met him several times. Top man, and I suspect he'll go down in history as the best PM we never had.

What he wouldn't do is piss around with this problem because he's afraid of upsetting the very same young, predominantly black men, who seem intent on murdering eachother. If anyone would enable the police to meet this head on, it's St BoJo.

As for Khan...:pissedoff:

I’m not a fan of Khan either, but can you explain why so many people think the sun shines out of Johnson’s entitled backside? He’s done nothing to convince me that he’s any better than any of the other overgrown student politicians we’re currently saddled with.

I’m not a fan of Khan either, but can you explain why so many people think the sun shines out of Johnson’s entitled backside? He’s done nothing to convince me that he’s any better than any of the other overgrown student politicians we’re currently saddled with.
He headbutts krauts in the crown jewels

Is there any reason PCSO cannot also be Special Constables - extra training, powers of arrest, and so on? I do know (sort of) a former PCSO who used it as preparation for joining the Police proper.

Does anyone have any news about how the old Gentleman is doing?

Is there any reason PCSO cannot also be Special Constables - extra training, powers of arrest, and so on? I do know (sort of) a former PCSO who used it as preparation for joining the Police proper.
I don't know to be honest if they are allowed to be a Special and a PCSO's. I think though if you gave PCSO's the full range of police powers there would be mutiny in the ranks as it would effectively be the hiring of cut price police officers. There is a bit of rub against some of the Specials by some officers but, not enough so you would notice - and it is usually because they had a dealing with a twonk Special who cocked up an arrest or stepped back when the fists started flying.

I knew a couple who did go on to be good police officers but, most seemed happy in what they were doing. It used to surprise me the number of civvy admin staff working for the force who signed up as Specials, most only stayed at it for a year or two but, at least they got out there to see what was going on with the people they were supporting.

It is a worthwhile thing and they do like ex-army types.

Does anyone have any news about how the old Gentleman is doing?