Declaring Independence

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by arby, Jul 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got off the phone from the land registry and discovered that the small patch of land outside my gaff actually belongs to me. Therefore, I would like to declare Independence from Great Britain and offer asylum to islamic fundamentalists. I'm hoping to form the world's smallest Islamic state, Arbyiastan. Problem is, I'm not totally clued up on teh legal means to declare Independence. Any thoughts or suggestions? Is it legally possible to do such a thing?
  2. msr

msr LE

Try spelling it right :roll:
  3. Labour education. What can you do?
  4. it? ;)

5. All answers to your question can be found in the bible that is "Passport to Pimlico".

An absolutely classic movie :D
  6. I'll send a couple of PCSOs around to divest you of your new kingdom and reinstitute UK Law.
  7. Should read "I'll send a couple of PCSOs around to sit in a safe place whilst the new and nasty emergent hotbed of Islamic fundamentalism that is Arbyistan does exactly what it pleases until the real law arrives".

By the way Arby, I have my own prayer / bedside mat and have been known to answer to the name of Ranjit, and am very fond of the entire Muller range of snacks.
  8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Declaring that the Mazola in your cupboard is in fact 'your oil' and no-one elses is the way to go. Furiously remonstrate that it's always been yours and will bankroll the new Republic of Arbystan.
  9. Will this new land then sustain the 'surge', will a couple of 100 U.S Marines be able to be sustained by your greenhouse?? Or will a McDonalds fit??

Can you stop your mazola being shipped in a water bottle, once a week to the White House.
  10. Ownership of any piece of land is is the discovery of that land being not part of the contiguous UK or whatever.. i.e. not declared in any document as being part of the ' Crown ' that counts.. more than that, of course, is the inclusion in any deed or grant of land, the rights to the resources in, on, around or under said land.. make sure you have the ownership of the 'air rights' above the land, as well, so that you can control plane traffic and be able to sell to Branson, Trump or others the right to build as big a building as possible without running afoul of zoning regulations...

There are ways to make millions on oversights like this.. Just ask " Prince " Michael of Sealand.
  11. Arby Akhbar eh?
  12. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

'Ranjit' is a predominantly Sikh name and certainly not a Muslim one. Still, who's counting eh?
  13. Fair comment, my mistake.
    Are there many cornershop locations in Arbyistan?
  14. Is property big enough to recreate ARRSE Second Life in real world?
  15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Hmm fundimental difference there then :) seeing as your average suicide bomber is a spinless coward and your average Sikh is a hard drinking punchy mother fcuker who will first try to drink you under the table and if that fails will either be muckers for life or offer you out and will then probably irrespective of the outcome be muckers for life.

Stereotyping me? nah got friends in both communities but I do enjoy a Sikh wedding bottle of Scotch,bottle of Vodka, bottle of martini every three spaces on the tables.

I say "Give them their own regiment" or did we do that one already?

taxi rank is this way, you say -->