Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by indecisive, Apr 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello

I'm currently in the process of joining the Navy, having passed all aspects of my selection nearly 17 months ago. I am still no nearer to finding out my entry date and have in the meantime been torn about whether or not to switch my application to the Army. The trade I have applied for in the Navy is one of those that was recently struck by the defense cuts. Coupled with the fact that I am losing my job in the next month this has left me questioning where I should go next.

The trades that have interested me in the both forces are in engineering and intelligence, specifically; Helicopter engineering and Intelligence Operative/Linguist.

My main questions are, could I have applications for the Royal Navy and Army going on at the same time?

And, are these particular trades in need of manpower at the moment?

Thank you for any replies.

2. Might be better off asking in here Fellah : NavyNet - The Navy Network
  3. I'm pretty sure you can have both applications going, I know a couple of people who have had two applications at the same time, royal marines and army in one case