Decisions, desicions.. Little help please

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by japseye, Jun 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    Have been looking around the site for a while and decided to sign up to get some more info.
    I'm looking at joining the TA and have a couple of positions in mind.
    1) Comms System Engineer - Royal Signals
    2) Gunner Artillery Command Systems - Royal Artillery

There's a Signals unit in Manchester or an Artillery unit in Bolton (both not far from where i live), so travel etc is not a problem.

I have a big interest in computers, networks etc (as is my civvi job), but would like to carry this on in the TA.

If anyone has info on each of these positions (what the job actually entails, not what the TA website would like you to think) it would be appreciated.
    I'm looking for something that will get me out and about, not stuck behind a desk pressing CTRL - ALT - DEL (you've got to admit, it solves 90% of computer problems ;) )

Also, my fitness is not great at the moment. Should i leave it a few weeks before applying to get my fitness levels up or just go and get fit along the way?

Thanks

2. msr

msr LE

Get along to 216 Battery in Bolton, or 209 Battery in Belle Vue next Tuesday night at 19.30.

PM me for more info.

msr

3. yeah dont waste your time with the Sigs,they will probably be shut down by the end of the year !

4. yeah, i heard that. I rang the Blackburn unit, who are being disbanded in the next few days.

msr - shall i just turn up, or am i best to ring first?

5. msr

msr LE

Just turn up.

If you come to Bolton, I'll see you there.

msr

6. Thanks, i'll get my lardy ass down there.

Cheers for the help.

7. Took the plunge last night...

Got my forms and have an interview in a couple of weeks. Just need to get my BMI down a little.

Looking forward to it, very much.

8. msr

msr LE

Who did you choose?

9. Went to Royal Artillery at Bolton. Had a walk round, did a quick test etc.

10. msr

msr LE

Good choice :)