Decent Wine Recommendations Only.

philc

LE
This used to be my local cantena for wine, the Barbera being the best seller. You used to be able to find it in Waitrose, your see Barbera in Sainsbury,s but its not as good.

Vinchio - Vaglio Serra

Piemonte (wine) - Wikipedia

mist_0087.JPG
spraying 010.jpg

These shots were taken from my throne early morning.

Doris brought in a bottle of McGuigan , Black Label Merlot when she was out shopping this afternoon

left in the living room to bring it up to temperature,and allowed to breath for an hour , I have to report , I have drunk a lot worse, in fact it was very, very pleasant, and reduced to £5.50 a bottle (possibly less in England, but you don't have the NAZIs introducing minimum pricing and banning offers on alcohol, as if that is going to stop your average Jakey from buying it for health reasons)
ASDA tomorrow for another 4 bottles

I brought back from Ferance an expensive bottle of wine. ( well to me it was expensive I mean 20 € a bottle of plonk, I ask you!!!!!)
Châteauneuf du Pape , which we will open next Saturday for her birthday
It will probably be shite

Wine? Use the white to deglaze the pan with a squeeze of lemon and some parsley when frying sole in butter and mix the red with Coke to make a catembe.

Wine? Use the white to deglaze the pan with a squeeze of lemon and some parsley when frying sole in butter and mix the red with Coke to make a catembe.

Philistine :)

LepetitCaporal

Old-Salt
Costiers de Nîmes (Vallée du Rhône) Red A.Ô. C.
Pic Saint Loup (Coteaux Languedoc) Red A.Ô.C.
Lirac (Vallée du Rhône) Red A.Ô. C.
Tavel (Vallée du Rhône) Rosé and was the first french AOC Rosé

Lirac and Tavel are on the same commune
Pic Saint Loup is just out side Montpellier
Costiers de Nîmes spreads from Nîmes to the Camargue

Appelation d 'origine contrôlée (A.O.C.)

I only drink local wines when eating out

Last edited:
Had this last night , £6 from ASDA , could be cheaper where you come from , but you don't have the bastard Scottish government shoving minimum pricing and no deals where alcohol is concerned
anyway , I thought it was very pleasant , very fruity and rich , quite viscous , and it went down no problems at all

I recommend this to the collective...
IMG_20191023_120006_hdr.jpg

Lindemans' Bin 50 Shiraz and Pinot Noir. £6 and £7 a go in Asda.

endure

GCM
25% off 6 bottles at ASDA, Sainsburys and Tesco at the moment...

That's all the wines from New Zealand out of the frame then.
I was being a bit of a twat (as normal, many would say), and really have no objection to a screw cap. An article here will explain some points of interest.

endure

GCM
I was being a bit of a twat (as normal, many would say), and really have no objection to a screw cap. An article here will explain some points of interest.

I read a while back that Chateau Margaux was trialling screwcaps. When they were asked how long it would be before they made a decision they said as long as took for the wines to mature which, in their case, was about 25 years...

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Mudhouse Sauvignon Blanc is a favourite of mine. Circa 10 quid a bottle but can be found on offer for 7.

Have a look at The Wine Society. low joining fee , no annual subs,decent catalogue and cheap deliveries

This is another mob, no joining fee, who just send regular emails detailing offers from other companies & occasionally offering cash off vouchers.

Latest Threads