Decent War Books on Kindle?

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Statistics, Jan 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Got a shiny gift voucher off the outlaws for Amazon. Finished a load of stuff on my Kindle lately and need some new reading material. Anyone spotted anything War/Techno-Thriller like on the Kindle book list?

2. Not too sure bout war techno thrillers but PM sent :)
  3. Not war books more adventure but i had wilbur smith on my kindle and thoroughly enjoyed them the ones about the courtneys in south africa the first is called When the lion feeds really riveting and i continued on buying the following books as i enjoyed em so much
  4. Try John Birmingham's Axis of Time trilogy, it's World War 2/ Alternate History/ Technothriller. I'm half way through the second book of the three and loving it!
  5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

FreeBookSpot | Download e-books for free

lots of military history on there - one I particularly enjoyed was 'shadow divers' - about a group of wreck divers who found a WW2 U-boat off the coast of the US a few years ago and their efforts to identify it.
  6. I just bought a book for Kindle by Major Winters (Band of Brothers etc.). I have not read it yet but thought that, for 99p I couldn't go too far wrong.

How about War & Peace ???
  7. George MacDonald Fraser's Flashman series is now available on Kindle. So it's possible to work your way through the whole collection - although doing so back to back may possibly expose some slight sameness about the plots.

Annoyingly his other works have not yet been Kindled.
  8. Could'nt put picking up the brass down last night....great piece of work, brought back some memories!

9. Just spotted the Winters one, sorted, thanks for that.
  10. I was the same then went and bought 'Map of Africa' with the same result.
  11. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Have it here in paperback ... un-put-downable, isn't it!

BTW, it wasn't the Butler who caused it all. It was Elvis ... :nod:
  12. I aim to please Stats, I aim to please.

Normally attractive women but hey ho !
    • Like Like x 1