Decent Vlogs?

I used to watch a channel called Human that was about arborist/tree cutting, they were very interesting vids as he dealt with climbing and cutting from the top down. Once covid began and the unrest with riots in the US he started to lose the plot and ended up with more incoherent nonsensical rambling vids than anything to do with tree work. It was a pity because he had a good channel with decent content but once his slip into delusions began l unsubscribed.
These days if any channel l subscribe to slips into politics, religion, woke shïte, etc, l just drop it, l watch YouTube for entertainment and in some instances learning, not to listen to preachy drivel...

Yes, I think that once the subscription figures start to rise, some vloggers can get self-important and get ideas above their station. I think it's a touch of the film/rock star syndrome. They get some level of success in one field and think that this makes them a fount of supreme wisdom on everything.

Yes, I think that once the subscription figures start to rise, some vloggers can get self-important and get ideas above their station. I think it's a touch of the film/rock star syndrome. They get some level of success in one field and think that this makes them a fount of supreme wisdom on everything.
There is one chap who does a homesteading channel on the US west coast that l watched from back when he had less than 10,000 subs but now almost 2 million. You could watch him evolve as his numbers built up and he picked up sponsorship to the point that l’m surprised he hasn’t floated away from having such a big head.

One of the YouTube channels I've stopped watching is the Guitologist. Probably of no interest to anyone other than the guitarists here. The guy is basically a guitar and amp collector restorer/repairer from the States.

I was starting to tire of him a little as his vlogs went on for far too long and he was showing himself to be a bit of a knob. He was drifting into politics and other issues that were either potentially divisive or of no interest to his viewers. He was starting to come across as a someone quite unpleasant, as well. As an example, he was given to chucking his weight around as when he became involved in a dispute with a small company that had supplied him with faulty tubes (valves). He started going down the 'Do you know who I am?/I could crush you' line." He's just a redneck vlogger FFS.

More recently, he has come to that attention of the law by attending his daughter's school to tackle the Superintendent (Head Teacher?) about the school's face covering policy. Being the cnut that he is, it seems that he started chucking his weight around and issuing threats. Inevitably, the police were called.

What amazes me is the number of people who are funding his legal bills. They no nothing about this bloke or of the situation that has led to his prosecution.

That is the downside of YouTube vlogs. It can be a means whereby ********* can source funding to support themselves being *********.
Since covid, his backward libertarian views have flung out. He did have second channel in which he expressed his shit. He properly looks and sounds like a mentalist

Latest Threads