Decent Vlogs?

In the last couple of years I've found myself watching less and less of the available TV ouput. I find more of interest on YouTube. The quality can be very variable (that's the nature of the beast) and advertising can be intrusive (it's the price you pay).

I'm not in the slightest bit interested in those pointless 'reaction' vlogs. I really couldn't give a shit what some random spam thinks about British confectionery or Monty Python. They're either going to like stuff... or not. Who the fùck cares what they think?

Similarly there is a homegrown channel called Rate My Takeaway where an already morbidly obese Yorkshireman over orders at various fast food joints and greasy spoons and steadily eats himself into an early grave.

At the moment I like to watch 'The Endless Adventure', a travel vlog by an engaging American couple. It's entertaining, informative and light-hearted. It is also very well produced, which can be a rarity. At present, it's a little pedestrian owing to worldwide Covid restrictions.

'Dutch Pilot Girl' is another worth watching. It's made, as the name suggests, by an extremely comely female airline pilot. It's probably really intended for those intending to take up commercial aviation as a career. I just watch it for the masturbation potential.

'The Girl Outdoors' is another I watch. It is a wild camping/bushcraft vlog by a young lady of 19 called Becky. Anyone despairing of today's youth should take a look in. I don't think that I have ever come across anyone of her age who is so self-reliant and skilled up. I certainly wasn't when I was her age. A smile that lights up your day, as well, even when she's out in the ulu when it's cold and pissing it down.

I also watch several musical instrument and tuition sites, history and military history sites, transport and industrial archaeology sites.

There's an awful lot of crap out there but, if you're selective, many gems.

Any recommendations?

Take a look at OnlyFans.

Its not just football, there is plenty of interesting material on there for all tastes

Youtube is now quite often my first 'go to' in preference to google whenever I need 'how to' info.

I find the fairly modest subscription to get rid of adverts is worth it for me, I use it often enough and the instruction videos on just about every subject under the sun is usually first rate - of course there are some duff ones and unintelligible ones but you get to know how to quickly avoid those.

There is so much good stuff there that it's difficult to make a favouritws choice but here are one or two that I am presently finding helpful. The subject matter will not obviously appeal to everyone but they do give a feel for the quality out there.

Arduino (microprocessor)
Dronebot Workshop

Electronics
Megatronics

Electrical Stuff
GSH

If you're interested in BBQ, or perhaps want some ideas for upping your grilling game in the summer, then check out T-Roy Cooks:

He's from Austin, Texas - a lovely guy, typical big American and always smiling, always has a beer (or Whiskey) in his hand and you'll learn a lot from him as he covers everything from Burgers to Brisket.

'Smash the Girl's Backdoors' is another I watch. It is a wild camping/bushcraft vlog by a young lady of 19 called Becky. Anyone despairing of today's youth should take a look in. I don't think that I have ever come across anyone of her age who is so self-reliant and skilled up. I certainly wasn't when I was her age. A smile that lights up your day, as well, even when she's out in the ulu when it's cold and pissing it down.

I also watch several musical instrument and tuition sites, history and military history sites, transport and industrial archaeology sites.

Any recommendations?
Fixed before anybody else does (until I scroll down...)

bcsack

Old-Salt
Lots of Sailing & Aviation videos - lots of them have with exceptional videography - much preferred to TV for years - fill yer boots

bestri10

Old-Salt
Just a few history ones i quite enjoy

The history underground
American veterans center
Memoirs of ww2
Mark felton productions

In the last couple of years I've found myself watching less and less of the available TV ouput. I find more of interest on YouTube. The quality can be very variable (that's the nature of the beast) and advertising can be intrusive (it's the price you pay).

I'm not in the slightest bit interested in those pointless 'reaction' vlogs. I really couldn't give a shit what some random spam thinks about British confectionery or Monty Python. They're either going to like stuff... or not. Who the fùck cares what they think?

Similarly there is a homegrown channel called Rate My Takeaway where an already morbidly obese Yorkshireman over orders at various fast food joints and greasy spoons and steadily eats himself into an early grave.

At the moment I like to watch 'The Endless Adventure', a travel vlog by an engaging American couple. It's entertaining, informative and light-hearted. It is also very well produced, which can be a rarity. At present, it's a little pedestrian owing to worldwide Covid restrictions.

'Dutch Pilot Girl' is another worth watching. It's made, as the name suggests, by an extremely comely female airline pilot. It's probably really intended for those intending to take up commercial aviation as a career. I just watch it for the masturbation potential.

'The Girl Outdoors' is another I watch. It is a wild camping/bushcraft vlog by a young lady of 19 called Becky. Anyone despairing of today's youth should take a look in. I don't think that I have ever come across anyone of her age who is so self-reliant and skilled up. I certainly wasn't when I was her age. A smile that lights up your day, as well, even when she's out in the ulu when it's cold and pissing it down.

Any recommendations?
If you're interested in both aviation and female pilots who have an aversion to bras and knickers, Gyrocopter Girl is the channel to take a look at. She's a gen pilot based in Switzerland who enjoys tropical climes, excellent scenery and she dresses appropriately for it...

bcsack

Old-Salt
If you're interested in both aviation and female pilots who have an aversion to bras and knickers, Gyrocopter Girl is the channel to take a look at. She's a gen pilot based in Switzerland who enjoys tropical climes, excellent scenery and she dresses appropriately for it...
You might also enjoy pilotbambi ;)

Itchy Boots, a charming Dutch lady riding motorcycles in chunks of the planet. Even the wife was glued to her short tour of Scandinavia during Covid.
Mustie1, an affable chap from New England fixes cars, bikes andd small machines. Sounds dull but he makes the show.

As an associate member of the ARRSE Air Accident Investigation Team I feel it incumbent upon me to keep abreast of developments in aviation. Well, just enough that I can wade in spouting a lot of shite on the subject as would be expected by fellow team members.

One thing that occurred to me watching Dutch Pilot Girl is why the fűck would anybody dedicate themselves to a career as a commercial pilot? The selection and training process is probably one of the most demanding and gruelling of any career. The training involves taking on massive financial debt (unless mum and dad are squillionaires) with no guarantee of a job at the end of it.

Your career hangs on a knife edge. All it takes is a downturn in the economy or one dodgy medical and you're out on your arse. You'd need to be nuts to want to do it.

Yeah, but... all that shagging?

I get my news from UK Column News, and socio-political critique from The Lotus Eaters. The rest is just planes, history, C2C and music. YouTube is ace.

Last edited:
Most radio and TV today is either unfunny , or woke , or dross, or combinations thereof.

Thank God for YouTube and Patreon !

If you are into processing animal into food - anything Scott Rae is good

Hunting in general - ( loads, but heres a few )

Love this lad

Preserving food

I like her style and want to make babies with her
Traditional kimchi recipe (Tongbaechu-kimchi: 통배추김치)

Cooking food ( this is class photography )
Best Steak and Potatoes! - Forest Cooking ASMR
all things wood-fired oven - look no further
Best Steak and Potatoes! - Forest Cooking ASMR

Growing food UK
Incredibly Productive No Dig Garden (Charles Dowding's 1/4 Acre of Abundance)
and
October Allotment Garden Tour 2021 / Homegrown Garden because she is an English rose

There is plenty more great stuff away from tv vomit

beer

Old-Salt
I have 150 or so youtube subscriptions. Here are some I like.

If you want Historical stuff and general English madness try this chap:
Lindybeige
Mentalist and nice chap reviews ratpacks
Steve1989MRE
American cooking
Josh Weissman
British Curry cooking
Al's Kitchen
Grizzly Gunny Highway type bloke
Thunder Ranch
Lunatic automation/robotics/programing
Michael Reeves
General Knowledge from you northern bloke with fine moustache
Thoughty2
Stoaty
Gun Arrse
Amusing social commentary from black bloke with ace accent
Maxim Bady
Cocktails and alcohol
How to drink

I have 150 or so youtube subscriptions. Here are some I like.

If you want Historical stuff and general English madness try this chap:
Lindybeige
Mentalist and nice chap reviews ratpacks
Steve1989MRE
American cooking
Josh Weissman
British Curry cooking
Al's Kitchen
Grizzly Gunny Highway type bloke
Thunder Ranch
Lunatic automation/robotics/programing
Michael Reeves
General Knowledge from you northern bloke with fine moustache
Thoughty2
Stoaty
Gun Arrse
Amusing social commentary from black bloke with ace accent
Maxim Bady
Cocktails and alcohol
How to drink

Never liked Lindybeige presentation - it was a bit wet for me .
Will check out your rest - Ta !

Youtube is now quite often my first 'go to' in preference to google whenever I need 'how to' info.

I find the fairly modest subscription to get rid of adverts is worth it for me, I use it often enough and the instruction videos on just about every subject under the sun is usually first rate - of course there are some duff ones and unintelligible ones but you get to know how to quickly avoid those.

There is so much good stuff there that it's difficult to make a favouritws choice but here are one or two that I am presently finding helpful. The subject matter will not obviously appeal to everyone but they do give a feel for the quality out there.

Arduino (microprocessor)
Dronebot Workshop

Electronics
Megatronics

Electrical Stuff
GSH

Cool !
Ex - REME , right ?

S-mise

War Hero
Project Binky is worth a look. 30 odd episodes of two blokes making a 200hp 4 wheel drive mini.

Wideboyz for some crack climbing.

The operations room for a look at how some pivotal battles unfolded.

Photonicinduction for a mad electrician.

Evenflow for some Irish agricultural laughs.

Blondihacks for lathe/mill explanations.

Nekkid watchmaker for tiny gearbox refurbs.

I’m going to watch some Evenflow now!

Watch canal boating vlogs. It’ll make you want to buy one and **** off, I I will be doing just that very shortly.

Latest Threads