Decent Undercrackers?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Empty_Vacuum, Jan 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok first of all I'd like to apologise if this is in the wrong forum...

Here's my dilema: I plan to run my local half marathon in March and I need some decent underwear to keep my spuds in place. The problem is I currently only own your bog standard type from Tescos or Asda and they are just not cut out for those long distance runs, with all the chaffing and such like. So in all seriousness, does anybody have any advice/reccomendations on decent underwear that's designed for more practical sporting usage that won't cost me an arm and a leg?
  2. Under armour kegs is wot i use
  3. Any compression shorts, also good for tabbing. I use Nike pro because thats what the shop had when I went to get them but I imagine theyre all much the same.
  4. That sports soccer direct does a pair of compression shorts (karrimor) for 6 quid.
  5. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

6. primark to an elasticated trunk there slightly ribbed i have about 20 pairs in various colours the look like cycling shorts there £3 a pair they ware well and are fairly high fitting which is good for tabbing as they dont ride down
  7. Just make sure that you look at the little picture on the back of the packet as I thought that I had bought six pairs of elasticated trunk type boxers, only to find on opening the packet, that I had bought 6 pairs of budgie smuggling briefs that even the most flamboyantly homosexual Italian would balk at wearing.
  8. Mizuno running shorts, a bit like swimming shorts in that they have a nice mesh sewn in balls hammock, lots of breeze round your bell minimal sweat etc etc etc.
  9. Aldi are selling compression shorts right now.... £13.99.
  10. Thanks all. I'll take a look into the above advice but would you say compression shorts are more comfortable compared with your standard type?
  11. In that they wont be wringing wet and trying to wedge themselves up your arse by the 4 mile point when running, tabbing or on patrol, yes. For sitting around the office not really, although theyre fine for that too if thats your bag.

Edited for mong typing
  12. So do you wear compression shorts underneath your standard shorts or is there no need to wear another layer?
  13. Theyre a base layer, wear them as you would normal boxers unless you want to look like a sex pest.
  14. I find the tour issue underwear really quite good, need some more though, but not due on tour again for a while. Any sources for them?