decent place to stay?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by muzz, Oct 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm panning on leaving the sunshine state sometime between Jan and March next year and coming over to the mother-country to join up. I've had a gander at London and its a bit pricey so any ideas on where i should base myself for the recruitment process?

I'd like it to be as cheap as possible (don't mind sluming it in a backpackers) while still allowing me to keep the fitness up without worrying about getting carved up by the local hoodies. The place being generally pleasant and interesting wouldn't hurt either i suppose.

also, how easy is it to grab casual/part-time employment ?(labouring, bar tending, what ever) i'm not really keen on sitting on my arse for 3-6 months.

2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

muzz, I've not long moved to London from manchester - found a really nice room in a shared house here - - free to register and use. They do flats, houseshares - you should be able to find somewhere nice for £100/week or thereabouts (which is pennies for london). As for bartending, if you know what you're doing I might be able to put you in touch with a few people. (please dont think I'm being funny - a friend down here is working in that area as a recruitment manager right now, but they're desperate to move into another area, so I dont want to make any promises I cant deliver). pm me if theres anything I can do.