Decent Ipod applications

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by brettarider, Jan 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Managed to get an Ipod touch any good apps that your using and any *ahem* sites I can download for evaluation purposes :wink:
  2. This was posted on Arrse a few days ago: Very useful when working out the distances for range finding and also for that unobserved approach when dogging :lol: CLICKY
  3. Don't think my spunk will hit that range when out dogging so that's a negative :lol:
  4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Stating the obvious I know - but have you pressed the apps store icon?

Search for, iclockradio, wifinder, joost, or just browse the thousands of apps available.
  5. Had a quick look round but seems to be a lot of shite on there
  6. Try the Wobble app. Not much use for anything apart from a bit of a giggle and making pictures of girls boobs wobble as you move your iphone/touch.......... Ain't technology wonderful!
  7. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

8. current weakness.

Lessons learned:

The easiest way to get hotmail onto an iphone is to pay Micromong 15 quid and register your hotmail account as paid. Then it's easy to put it onto the iphone.
    As for MSN, the best app is (through trial and error) Beejive although it is expensive. The others (palringo, fring, etc - are toss).

Great apps:

Weatherpro - includes a rainfall radar (aviators can get great free TAF and METAR etc on AeroWeather).
    Myrail Lite - see your train - and whether it is on time or not. Stay in bed if it's late.
    Ebay - free app; great functionality.
    Shazam - music recognition - amazing and uncannily accurate.
    Seadragon - get this app whilst it is free because the technology will be at the heart of a lot of stuff soon....
    iTalk - record long meetings.
    RK_Free - running app. Great but you have to tune the settings.
    Grid - gives you OS Grid references instead of Lat/Long
    Clinometer - a very professional app - a good benchmark of what ipod apps should look like.
    Panolab pro - great photostiching app. Has a free version too.
    Boomberg - watch the country go down the swannee in greater detail than the native stocks app...
  9. Crayon Physics - it's great fun & probably the most addictive game I've got.
  10. I read of one app that makes that hi frequency noise only teenagers can hear that would be useful to have

11. How does that work with an iPod touch (of iPhone)? Do you sneak up behind them & put earphones on them before turning it on?

12. Wah :D here a list of apps including the one mentioned before