Decent Graphic of RRS

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by fredster, Apr 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Looking for a decent graphic of the new RRS cap badge. I know you cant have one because of the complete screw up they've made of the amlgamations but I'm doing a project and need a decent graphic of the badge to print out. everything so far is poor quality. colour prefferably but B&W will do. please PM me with any help. Cheers

2. Please refer to the regiment as SCOTS or The Royal Regiment of Scotland.

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Why?

Abbreviations usually come about by colloquial usage and not by dictum.

4. Abbreviated regimental titles are official, and are used in service writing - including operational service writing. It seems to me perfectly reasonable and helpful to point out an incorrect usage.

5. RRS is even on the Official Army Homepage. :roll:

6. And that's a quality accurate up to date product...

7. Tell me about it. My old Coy was disbanded. Look on the website and all they've done is add Royal Regiment of Scotland to the Title.

8. :roll:

Over to you, barbs?

As far as I can see 'RRS' appears not in the text but as the page title, which then gets picked up by the indexing. Ought to be fixed, though.

9. What I want to know is.
    Who decided to place 7 Lugs on the blinking thing. The bottom two dig into your head.(well they did untill I took them off :wink: )

10. Good site (the Princess Margaret's Own Glasgow and Ayrshire Regiment has been dropped but the full title is correct).

11. Already emailed RHQ.

Fixed

12. Very true. I would think an official abbreviation might also be RRofS as opposed to RRS.
    Since there is only one Regiment now, using SCOTS has a nice touch.

13. RC, RRofS unlikely bearing in mind RRF nor RRofF.