Decent Graphic of RRS

Hi all,

Looking for a decent graphic of the new RRS cap badge. I know you cant have one because of the complete screw up they've made of the amlgamations but I'm doing a project and need a decent graphic of the badge to print out. everything so far is poor quality. colour prefferably but B&W will do. please PM me with any help. Cheers

fredster said:
Hi all,

Looking for a decent graphic of the new RRS cap badge. I know you cant have one because of the complete screw up they've made of the amlgamations but I'm doing a project and need a decent graphic of the badge to print out. everything so far is poor quality. colour prefferably but B&W will do. please PM me with any help. Cheers
Please refer to the regiment as SCOTS or The Royal Regiment of Scotland.

oldbaldy

LE
barbs said:
fredster said:
Hi all,

Please refer to the regiment as SCOTS or The Royal Regiment of Scotland.
Why?

Abbreviations usually come about by colloquial usage and not by dictum.

Abbreviated regimental titles are official, and are used in service writing - including operational service writing. It seems to me perfectly reasonable and helpful to point out an incorrect usage.

RRS is even on the Official Army Homepage. :roll:

Tell me about it. My old Coy was disbanded. Look on the website and all they've done is add Royal Regiment of Scotland to the Title.

sweatysock said:
:roll:

Over to you, barbs?

As far as I can see 'RRS' appears not in the text but as the page title, which then gets picked up by the indexing. Ought to be fixed, though.

What I want to know is.
Who decided to place 7 Lugs on the blinking thing. The bottom two dig into your head.(well they did untill I took them off :wink: )

hackle said:
sweatysock said:
:roll:

Over to you, barbs?

As far as I can see 'RRS' appears not in the text but as the page title, which then gets picked up by the indexing. Ought to be fixed, though.
Already emailed RHQ.

Fixed

hackle said:
Abbreviated regimental titles are official, and are used in service writing - including operational service writing. It seems to me perfectly reasonable and helpful to point out an incorrect usage.
Very true. I would think an official abbreviation might also be RRofS as opposed to RRS.
Since there is only one Regiment now, using SCOTS has a nice touch.

I looked at the pictures of the uniform and dress varios of the SCOTs posted here http://rhf.org.uk/All Change index.htm

Obviously they are early, as the cap badge is wrong, and the kilt has the A&SH panel and rear rosettes.
But that aside, one has to wonder, who dressed that fellow? Particularly in the kilt. He wears his glengarry like a Yankee.

I like the hair sporran. Very Seaforth/Gordon with a BW cantle.

oldbaldy

LE
The young Lt Col looks good, the young Lt Gen or is it Field Marshall (can't quite make his rank out) looks even better!
Promotion must be verrrry fast. :D

sweatysock said:
Tell me about it. My old Coy was disbanded. Look on the website and all they've done is add Royal Regiment of Scotland to the Title.
Ha ha, not to mention making the links non-clickable... You'd have thought they'd want the transition to be as smooth as possible not look as if they didn't really think it all through.

In all fairness the uniforms depicted were probably designed to give the powers that be an idea of what the SCOTS uniforms would look like - my guess is they were taken before the SCOTS cap badge was produced (the badge worn in the photographs is the old Highland Brigade cap badge - a similar configuration to the SCOTS badge). They give a good 'heads up' of what the various uniforms will look like even though they were not, obviously, intended for official publication.

sweatysock said:
What I want to know is.
Who decided to place 7 Lugs on the blinking thing. The bottom two dig into your head.(well they did untill I took them off :wink: )
one for each battalion?? probably not but it's a good army urban myth to start, I claim credit and await being told it by some jock on a course in the near future :lol: