decent grab bag any ideas

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by airbornelondon1, Sep 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anybody have knowledge of a decent grab bag :D
  2. Check out the BugOut Bag range. The best one is about £100 or $53 in any US PX (got mine in Baghdad)
  3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

For thirty notes this does the job.
    Plenty of room for mags, bandoliers & folders plus external pouches for smk & grens.

The bloke also does them with PALS webbing all over so you can plaster the bag with Osprey pouches.
  4. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Gucci Clutch bag, but make sure the shoes match :wink:
  5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Anyone with DPM boots is a very sad puppy indeed.
  6. Where you off too - anywhere hot and sandy? There were a fair few of the Blackhawk bags knocking around the QM's and CQMS's on H9, don't bother buying if you can get it issued. Man Bag Thingamajig
  7. Now if were going for style too.

Man about town 'grab bag'
  8. Beware of Blackhawk, not for the build quality which is second to none. No, if worn under Osprey the strap is waaaaay too short. Worn over, it tends to try and cut your head off.

I have worn Vanguard and another one from Drop Zone supplies which were both fine. Thanks to the cnut who nicked the DZ one and led me to more market research.

BTW the is an issue one. Very well designed that functions as a mag bag and dump pouch. Well made and a funky cam with a strap that is long enough.

I am 6 foot plus. Maybe the Blakhawk one will fit you if you're from the shallow end of the gene pool.

If this is too serious, feel free to flame...
  9. Whats wrong with a Claymore bag...?
  10. I found the strap too short...

Edited to add, I wear my grab bag under Osprey to stop it flapping about and having one less thing to snag.

I bow, of course, to the hetro tiger with the 30rd SLR mags, bayonet between his teeth, carrying a real mans rifle and withdraw.
  11. Harrumph! I'm 6'1", Vibrantly Masculine, and found it perfect. One bag full of 30 rd SLR mags slung under left armpit, one bag full of WP hand grenades under right, shell dressings taped to straps, bayonet between teeth, proceed! Young people these days, I don't know...(wanders off, shaking head ruefully and muttering to self)
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

13. glad to see some people have money!