Decent Gas/Electricity Suppliers?

morsk

LE
Seconded; I've been with them for 16 months and am impressed.
I have been with them 3 years now. I do not have a single bad thing to say, and when other companies phone me and say that they can do it cheaper, I ask them if they are as ethical as Octopus. They tell me again its cheaper. Always reminds me of "but it goes up to 11". Im not really fussed how much they can save me as it would probably by me a couple pints a month and I dont even know what colour a KwtHr is. I love Octopus and it would take something of a miracle to get me to change from them.

Toppet

Old-Salt
Do they put you another cable into your house so you can get this "renewable energy"
stuff ?
No. They just charge me less than most, have better customer service and help in a small way to reduce pollution.

morsk

LE
Do they put you another cable into your house so you can get this "renewable energy"
stuff ?
Honestly, it sounds like they are after something. They just want to do a good thing at a fair price.

anglo

LE
No. They just charge me less than most, have better customer service and help in a small way to reduce pollution.
They seem to be the best supplier,
Tip, If you want to know what your electricity is made from look at the colour as it comes in,
Black ---------Coal
Gas ----------Blue
Red ----------Nuclear
Green -------Renewable
Clear -------Hydro
You need special glasses to see the colours, ask your supplier for a [free] pair

Toppet

Old-Salt
They seem to be the best supplier,
Tip, If you want to know what your electricity is made from look at the colour as it comes in,
Black ---------Coal
Gas ----------Blue
Red ----------Nuclear
Green -------Renewable
Clear -------Hydro
You need special glasses to see the colours, ask your supplier for a [free] pair
I think you're trying to be amusing.

Donny

ADC
I’ll offer another vote for Octopus. In addition to the pluses set out above I have a plug in hybrid car and their EV tariffs are brilliant for charging overnight, a bit like Economy 7.

Edit to add: I’ve just remembered they also do a referral scheme which splits £100 between any new customers and the existing customer who referred them. So if you want a £50 credit on your account when you transfer just use this link: Split £100 | Octopus Energy

Last edited:
I’ll offer another vote for Octopus. In addition to the pluses set out above I have a plug in hybrid car and their EV tariffs are brilliant for charging overnight, a bit like Economy 7.

Edit to add: I’ve just remembered they also do a referral scheme which splits £100 between any new customers and the existing customer who referred them. So if you want a £50 credit on your account when you transfer just use this link: Split £100 | Octopus Energy
is it linked to your account. putting donny from arrse is a bit vague

Toppet

Old-Salt
What colour is the wind supply, and bio-fuel, my posatronic laser powered bi-focals cannot detect them in any of the 5 quadrants of the known invisible wavelengths, or plasma particle hyper drives?
Jeez, I take it back. I'm sorry, @anglo - you're a regular Tommy Cooper compared to @A signaller

About two years ago comparison for price/service suggested Iresa so I signed. Quite cheap and a no frills service which suited me, I don't need Nectar points etc. and of course that all costs in the end.

Haven't checked since then but this prompts me to do so.

Also in one of the early posts here I noticed that someone mentioned an energy supplier run by a former Gurkha, sounds good but I worry that a late payment might result in more pain that a mere red letter, for the non-payer courtesy of the boss that is.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I change my supplier each year to the cheapest deal.

BlackDyke

Old-Salt

they are not money grabbing barsterds, they are fairly cool, and you can get renewable energy. I like em
Glad somebody mentioned Octopus, I've been with them since 2016.
Last year they ballsed up something on my account so they apologised and cleared my account bill down to zero.
No hassle, no quibbles and very efficient.
I find their prices to be pretty easy on the pocket and I won't be changing providers any time soon.

Toppet

Old-Salt
Glad somebody mentioned Octopus, I've been with them since 2016.
Last year they ballsed up something on my account so they apologised and cleared my account bill down to zero.
No hassle, no quibbles and very efficient.
I find their prices to be pretty easy on the pocket and I won't be changing providers any time soon.
If you have a kid (or just fancy one*) you can get a large, stuffed, pink octopus from them for free.

Or they'll plant a tree for you. I was weak and went with the tree.

Edit: *a stuffed octopus, that is.

Outfox the market has some cheap deals. They get mixed reviews. Can be worth a look though.

Octopus is mentioned by which magazine as being very good.

Latest Threads