Decent campsites West Wales?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by postman_twit, Jun 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone recommend any decent ones? Must be within a short walk of a 'safe' beach as I will be teaching my lad to kayak. Anywhere from Porthmadog down to Fishguard welcome.

Many thanks.

2. Google black rock sands.
  3. My Welsh geography is pretty Shiite but shell island camp site, near llanbedr (sp?) Is pretty good. Largest in western Europe apparently
  4. Thanks both of you. The idea is to start in the towards the North and end up near Fishguard. Hoping to do some coasteering down there.
  5. Cei Bach near Newquay is a nice wide and quiet beach, plenty of campsites nearby too. A bit further south to St Davids would bring Newgale and Whitesands beach into play as well - two fantastic beaches for Watersports enthusiasts.
    • Like Like x 1

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shell island is nice but never at busy times.
  8. pah, no dogs!
  9. Campsite-Cae Du Campsite

Ignore the first review as they are talking about a site at Beddgelert, rather than this beautiful coastal idyll.
  10. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

11. Thanks again for all your input.
  12. Cei Bach is dog friendly as well as part of New Quay and Aberporth... Probably others as well, its pretty good in Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire (South of Cardigan) can be a bit precious about dogs.. when its their irresponsible owners that are the problems!
  13. My Local dog beach. Dog Friendly all year round and easily has three miles of sand available to walk on at low tide. North end of the beach has some ineteresting caves too for the dogs and your good selves to have a mooch in. Mwnt was dog friendly too last time I looked but its a tiny beach.