• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Decent campsites West Wales?

Can anyone recommend any decent ones? Must be within a short walk of a 'safe' beach as I will be teaching my lad to kayak. Anywhere from Porthmadog down to Fishguard welcome.

Many thanks.

P-T

My Welsh geography is pretty Shiite but shell island camp site, near llanbedr (sp?) Is pretty good. Largest in western Europe apparently

Cei Bach near Newquay is a nice wide and quiet beach, plenty of campsites nearby too. A bit further south to St Davids would bring Newgale and Whitesands beach into play as well - two fantastic beaches for Watersports enthusiasts.

Cei Bach is dog friendly as well as part of New Quay and Aberporth... Probably others as well, its pretty good in Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire (South of Cardigan) can be a bit precious about dogs.. when its their irresponsible owners that are the problems!

Cei Bach is dog friendly as well as part of New Quay and Aberporth... Probably others as well, its pretty good in Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire (South of Cardigan) can be a bit precious about dogs.. when its their irresponsible owners that are the problems!
My Local dog beach. Dog Friendly all year round and easily has three miles of sand available to walk on at low tide. North end of the beach has some ineteresting caves too for the dogs and your good selves to have a mooch in. Mwnt was dog friendly too last time I looked but its a tiny beach.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
My Local dog beach. Dog Friendly all year round and easily has three miles of sand available to walk on at low tide. North end of the beach has some ineteresting caves too for the dogs and your good selves to have a mooch in. Mwnt was dog friendly too last time I looked but its a tiny beach.
I think Mwnt may only have seasonal access for dogs - we left her at the campsite with a beach-averse friend. That was during August.

There are some nice camp sites around Tenby and Penally only downside is Penally Camp is near a few and the risk of having guys on a RRB on the same camp site!

Latest Threads