Decent Boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by scousemech, Jan 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need to buy some boots just for running in and Parachuting what are the the best value for money boots.I thought about magnums £50 but Ive been out a while so there might be something else on the market and cheaper.
  2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

You say you're out but need them for parachuting, will you be skydiving with RAP or jumping rounds for some odd reason ?
  3. Jumping with BMPA cuts in April done RAPA in 92
  4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Anything with decent ankle support and soles then, Magnums don't offer much in the way of support though. Choose something you'd be happy to tab with weight in.
    Try a surplus shop or e-bay.

If you're going to be wearing all the old kit I suppose you'll be issued Ammo Boots & gaiters. ;)
  5. try altberg boots from richmond near catterick, im sure they will have something thats suits. should also last a lifetime
  6. Cheers guys Ill try ebay and look at them Altberg boots
  7. Pro-boots are the daddy and you can get them surplus for £40 ish.
  8. If you just want something light and inexpensive for general mincing about, try the Tracpac boots here:-

I've had a pair for about a year, they're light, comfy and ideal for running.

Obviously, they're not particularly robust so I woudnt recommend them for anything other than light use, but for under thirty quid, you cant go far wrong.
  9. SF would the patrol boots be ok to jump in though

Patrol boots
    Thinsulate lined patrol boots made by tracpac.

Main body is Leather and Condura.

Lightweight and robust boots with a synthetic oil resistant sole.

Patrol boots available in sizes 4 to 13

£29.99 per pair
  10. they are second hand CABs aren't they? Don't the paras wear them for parachuting?
  11. Yeh, they're fine for jumping in, the lace system is just good old fashioned flat holes, nothing to snag or catch.
    They dont offer a lot of ankle support, but I've never had any trouble with my ankles, if you have, perhaps you need something stiffer.
  12. They will do for me cheers SF
  13. Of interest what sorts of features rule a boot out from being used for Parachuting?

I heard hook lacing, why?