Decent Boots

#1
I need to buy some boots just for running in and Parachuting what are the the best value for money boots.I thought about magnums £50 but Ive been out a while so there might be something else on the market and cheaper.
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#2
You say you're out but need them for parachuting, will you be skydiving with RAP or jumping rounds for some odd reason ?
 
#3
Cutaway said:
You say you're out but need them for parachuting, will you be skydiving with RAP or jumping rounds for some odd reason ?
Jumping with BMPA cuts in April done RAPA in 92
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#4
Anything with decent ankle support and soles then, Magnums don't offer much in the way of support though. Choose something you'd be happy to tab with weight in.
Try a surplus shop or e-bay.

If you're going to be wearing all the old kit I suppose you'll be issued Ammo Boots & gaiters. ;)
 
#6
Cheers guys Ill try ebay and look at them Altberg boots
 
#8
If you just want something light and inexpensive for general mincing about, try the Tracpac boots here:-

www.argoss.co.uk/boots.html

I've had a pair for about a year, they're light, comfy and ideal for running.

Obviously, they're not particularly robust so I woudnt recommend them for anything other than light use, but for under thirty quid, you cant go far wrong.
 
#11
sandmanfez said:
If you just want something light and inexpensive for general mincing about, try the Tracpac boots here:-

www.argoss.co.uk/boots.html

I've had a pair for about a year, they're light, comfy and ideal for running.

Obviously, they're not particularly robust so I woudnt recommend them for anything other than light use, but for under thirty quid, you cant go far wrong.
SF would the patrol boots be ok to jump in though

Patrol boots
Thinsulate lined patrol boots made by tracpac.

Main body is Leather and Condura.

Lightweight and robust boots with a synthetic oil resistant sole.

Patrol boots available in sizes 4 to 13

£29.99 per pair
 
#13
scousemech said:
sandmanfez said:
If you just want something light and inexpensive for general mincing about, try the Tracpac boots here:-

www.argoss.co.uk/boots.html

I've had a pair for about a year, they're light, comfy and ideal for running.

Obviously, they're not particularly robust so I woudnt recommend them for anything other than light use, but for under thirty quid, you cant go far wrong.
SF would the patrol boots be ok to jump in though

Patrol boots
Thinsulate lined patrol boots made by tracpac.

Main body is Leather and Condura.

Lightweight and robust boots with a synthetic oil resistant sole.

Patrol boots available in sizes 4 to 13

£29.99 per pair
Yeh, they're fine for jumping in, the lace system is just good old fashioned flat holes, nothing to snag or catch.
They dont offer a lot of ankle support, but I've never had any trouble with my ankles, if you have, perhaps you need something stiffer.
 
#14
sandmanfez said:
scousemech said:
sandmanfez said:
If you just want something light and inexpensive for general mincing about, try the Tracpac boots here:-

www.argoss.co.uk/boots.html

I've had a pair for about a year, they're light, comfy and ideal for running.

Obviously, they're not particularly robust so I woudnt recommend them for anything other than light use, but for under thirty quid, you cant go far wrong.
SF would the patrol boots be ok to jump in though

Patrol boots
Thinsulate lined patrol boots made by tracpac.

Main body is Leather and Condura.

Lightweight and robust boots with a synthetic oil resistant sole.

Patrol boots available in sizes 4 to 13

£29.99 per pair
Yeh, they're fine for jumping in, the lace system is just good old fashioned flat holes, nothing to snag or catch.
They dont offer a lot of ankle support, but I've never had any trouble with my ankles, if you have, perhaps you need something stiffer.
They will do for me cheers SF
 
#16
Un-Friendly-Fire said:
Of interest what sorts of features rule a boot out from being used for Parachuting?

I heard hook lacing, why?
The hooks can snag in your rigging. This WILL spoil your day! :wink:
 

Similar threads

Top