Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by IOW_FREEDOM_FIGHTERS, Dec 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Dont listen to rumours. Not as far as I know, and I am pretty close to the issueing end
  3. My pay is fecked up this month but i'm a stab so I'm used to it!
  4. Sorry to hear that (the pay bit anyway), but thats slightly different to the rumour that Decembers Pay has been fecked up, as that implies everyones
  5. What was wrong with the other thread you started about this?
  6. The Hamsters that are powering the UNIBONK at AFPAA have gone on XMas leave so half the Tranmissions are falling into the abyss. Just keep that overdraft option open, you never know.......

7. My stab pay is fucked up again, maybe its becaues i am a stab. but being a stab its the norm.
  8. Can you shed any light on the fiasco with the Pay 2000 lump sums that some of us were given - has the Pay Master General decided whether or not we have to pay it back again.
  9. Howay_the_lads, check your PM's
  10. Ok, can anyone tell me why sometimes my PM's sit in my outbox for ages, and other times they go almost instantly? Whats the forum setting for emtying outboxes anyone know?
  11. far as i'm aware the pm's stay in your outbox until the recipient signs in again!
  12. ahhh, that might explain it, thx
  13. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

When I first started working on the other side of Winchester, I bumped into a former colleague whose career and mine had been extremely similar and contemporaneous.

I was led to believe that they no longer use the beasts they used to use to process the Credit Of Pay (Record of Service, Pensions and all the other runs), using more distributed machines.

I dunno how your pay could ever be right if that is the case.

Right now I am grooming my nipper to come and work with me in a Big Blue Suit (we haven't worn them now for many years). He has met with the slogan, "What weighs two tonnes and runs extremely quickly?"

But what do I know? Courtesy of RAPC CC I am a Mainframosaurus with a job for life.

Train a man in Windows TM and you'll be retraining him again in a few years when the next release comes out. Train him in z/OS and he has a job for life.

Want to join? Got the experience? Form a queue.
  14. funny i recived a payment from glasgow a few days ago, do not what for and i cant speak to the admin office, it was quite close to my monthly pay.

any ideas :cry:

not looking forward to dec 31
    but ive put the money away.
  15. Salad646 PM me your number and I can tell you what its for

AlienFTM, you were lied to, they are still the same machines of old :D just moved down to Centurion. Not for much longer of course, The mainframe is dead, long live JPA :(

Anyone else hear the rumour about JPA needing bigger hardware to cope with the load the Army is going to add to it? 2 used but fairly solid IBM 390's anyone?