• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

December Competition: Win Gulf War One Real Voices by Hugh McManners

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Usual rules apply here - all bribes to be in plain brown envelopes containing used banknotes. :)

Like other competitions once the closing time has passed I will contact the publisher/author who will make the draw from those giving the correct answer. I will announce the winners on this forum as close to the closing date/time as I can.

I will not be replying to PMs so please don't think of me as rude (or ruder than usual)

Any queries/complaints - go see the Padre :)

Good luck to you all and I hope we get a better % of correct answers than the last competition.

A-Y

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bump - for those stuck indoors due to snow, have a scratch at your grey matter and come up with the correct answer, then PM me with that answer. This is your chance to get a great book - for free.

B

Bucketbanger

Interesting to send a reply just to assess the level of wit it might attract. I'm always SO impressed by much of what passes as humour with certain people on this site.

My Grandad told me the world was made up of three types of people: those that made things happen, those that things happenned to, and those who didn't even bloody well know that anything was happenning.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Evening bump for those foolish enough not to subscribe to the Newsletter.

And thank you to Buttbanger who proves that every thread needs its arrse.

B

Bucketbanger

I have absolutely interest in the facile comments and puerile ad hominem verbal abuse you mistake for humour. It just such a shame that otherwise worthwhile websites can be infected by aging delinquents passing themselves off as senior members. Please make your last insult a good one as I shall not be flattering you with a response.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have absolutely interest in the facile comments and puerile ad hominem verbal abuse you mistake for humour. It just such a shame that otherwise worthwhile websites can be infected by aging delinquents passing themselves off as senior members. Please make your last insult a good one as I shall not be flattering you with a response.
And yet you have still not entered this fine competition fora chance to win an excellent book.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The competition is doing very well and entries are flowing in (not all correct!!) It appears that some of you need a clue so here we go:

Either their first name or their surname starts with the letter M.
There you go - easy peasy.

Hugh McManners has kindly agreed to sign the winner's books and put in a suitable (and printable - not Arrse style) dedication, so I will be asking the winners what they want when the draw is made known.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Still plenty of time for people to get the CORRECT answer to the question posed by BadCO.

Just send me a PM with the right answer and you will have a chance to win this great book, signed and dedicated by Hugh McManners.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just before you go out and blow the family fortune on Christmas pressies, enterthis competition and try for a present all for yourself.

Just PM me with the correct answer and you will go in the draw on 8th December.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Only a couple of days for this competition to run. get your entry to BadCO's question in to me by PM by 8pm on 8 December.

Second clue to help everyone;

This person was Leader of the Conservative Party at the time!

For TPBD, sorry the Padre is busy as it is Sunday. Please hold off any complaints till first parade Monday.

A-Y

Latest Threads