debt ccjs please help

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by owz88, Dec 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in on my way in soon have passed selection and going for my selection for my trade
    selection soon. does it matter that i might have a couple of ccjs .

2. ring recruitment officer and ask, if it is and you didn't tell them it won't look too good on your part.

3. You must tell them, if they find out after you have joined, it will be "interview without coffee time" and you may find yourself as a civvie again!

4. I was asked in selection interview if I had any debts, I do so told them, he asked if I could make the payments while on training wage, I can so its not a problem.
    If you don't tell them and they find out (which they will) its goodbye and don't come back....ever.

5. are phone contacts debts a ccjs

6. If you dont pay its a debt!!! Simple........

7. when do they do the credit check

8. You will need to check up, in some parts of the country, if you pay within 28 days you will not have a CCJ on your record.

make some proper enquieries, financial mismanagement is frowned upon but i did serve with a discharged bankrupt once.

9. SSAFA confidential:

The line is open from 10.30am - 10.30pm (UK local time) every day, including Christmas Day. Free phone lines operate from Germany, Cyprus and the UK:

* From the UK (Main Line): 0800 731 4880
    * From Germany: 0800 1827 395
    * From Cyprus: 800 91065
    * From the Falkland Islands # 6111
    * From anywhere in the world (Call-back) +44 (0)1980 630854

From Operational Theatres, to enable access through Paradigm's phone system, dial the appropriate access number then enter *201 at the PIN prompt.

National Debtline: 0800 781 2251 / http://www.uk-debtline.co.uk/

10. does the size of the debt matter i owe less than a grand easy but just cant pay it off in time

11. if there is no court order attached to it then a grand is nothing.

If there is, then you will need to enquire seriously ref debt discharge time etc. (if there is any for a CCJ)

12. the thing is it is like a 600 pound phone contact. that i never used. they send it to an old address and all they got is my name and old address but the did say about balifs. i dont know whether that counts .

13. Most of the population are in debt one way or another so as long as you can manage them on your wage without hardship it should be ok i hear. Situations change, people get into debt, thats life. Its a steady job and a regular wage, just the thing you need to pay off those debts so why not.

14. Your allowed somewhere in the region of £250 outgoings (payments, direct debits etc.) upon commencing training.