Debenhams bans airbrushed models; urges other retailers to do the same

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by miracle, Jun 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The retailer's campaign is 'all about making women feel fabulous about themselves rather than crushing their self-esteem by using false comparisons'.

I'm sorry, but if you're a fat bag of shit then you need a kick up the arrse to sort your life out. Not telling them, "but you're beautiful on the inside," or changing your models to size 16 biftas.
    Nearly a third of the country are now obese, using fatter models isn't going to help that.
    If they're that much of a mess then please relocate to Aldershot/Catterick/Colchester/Tidworth/etc there's plenty of beer goggled squaddies who'll go near you!

And another thing, why is it the fat mental bird who's always crying at the end of the night, ruining any chance of a shag with her fit mates because she's become a welfare case and wants to go home, just because you've got no chance of a shag doesn't mean that no-one is getting any.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I make a shitload of money airbrushing photos of fat wrinkly munters for them to hang on their walls. Can't see the harm in it personally.

3. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

So there's to be no more touching women up, eh?

My universe just gets smaller and smaller.

4. HHH

HHH LE

Why were you reading the female bit? Are you trying to airbrush out your history of being good with colours?

5. As someone who does photography... am I bollocks going to not airbrush people, especially if its involved in PR/Advertising. Is someone going to buy a Hugo Boss product if its got the likes of that twunt James Cordon promoting it and looking like shite? I think not. Fat/Ugly people do not sell product.

Oh. This is in the naffi.

I can't touch up models anymore? The travesty. Fnar fnar.

6. Airfix sales are gonna plummet.