Debbie Harry | Blondie

T

Tremaine

Debbie Harry's/Blondie wall posters at her finest are now rare and costly, apparently. But there's still the album covers. Bing seems to work better for image displays, for some reason.

Blondies mainstream success coincided roughly with me hitting puberty, and Debbie Harry used to give me a horn you could have engraved glass with.
The first album I ever owned was "Eat to the beat" god knows how many hundreds of times I listened to that album, particularly my favorite track at the time, appropriately entitled "The hardest part".

YouTube - Blondie - The Hardest Part
i used to fantasize about shagging Debbie Harry to "In the Flesh"

Debbie and Kate Bush starred in my early teenage wnakbank - frequently together....................pass the kleenex

Radio Two today, Simon Mayo meets Debbie Harry. The Old'n Bold might remember her from the late seventies, early eighties. A few might even have had her on their Wall, a few might have wanted to have her but never did. Fcuk! she was something in those days. Turns 66 in July this year,but holding up .

Now YouTube - Blondie Hanging on the Telephone - Live YouTube - Blondie - Sunday Girl 1979

Any thoughts Gents, memories or "stories"?
Poster of Debs wearing knee high white boots, and a white aertex vest (like the one I was issued at RMAS) - just long enough to reach her arrse, and just short enough to give one a glimpse of gusset.

Phwoar!! (as they say)

I thought her first ever video was a fitness video - After 2 weeks I had a right arm like Arnold Schwazenneger.

Taxi!

Shortly before Christmas '99 I'd just returned from a month+ on the road as the Nightliner driver with Thin Lizzy. No sooner had I unpacked my gear than another "urgent" job came in - take over a Nightliner at Frankfurt Airport, drive it down to Vienna, then you're on the road for four days with the Roadies for some obscure Turkish wailer. No problem, sez I, a few hundred extra DMs are always useful at this time of year - and I couldn't care less who I'm carting around anyway.

The venue for this Turkish wailer was the Festhalle (I think that's what it's called!) in the Prater Park in Vienna. Duly arrived early next morning, I went into the venue for breakfast - and there, on the wall in the foyer, was an almost lifesize poster of Debbie.

Naturally I tried to scrounge it - it was ever so slightly erotic, being an early one, and as she'd been on the telly in Germany a few days previously I knew she no longer had those looks - but the bossman there wouldn't part with it; he wanted it for himself. Then he casually informed me that they - Blondie - had been there, in the Festhalle, for all of the past week, rehearsing for their forthcoming European tour to promote "Maria", and if only I'd arrived some 12 hours or so earlier I would have met her.

Ah well, life is a shit and then you die.

. . Then he casually informed me that they - Blondie - had been there, in the Festhalle, for all of the past week, rehearsing for their forthcoming European tour to promote "Maria", and if only I'd arrived some 12 hours or so earlier I would have met her.
That record caught my thrash-metal fan No 1 son on the hop: he heard it on the radio - and instantly demanded access to my Blondie CD collection.

Ah well, life is a shit and then you die. . . . and then someone steals your boots.
fixed that for you

She still seems to tour around the festivals.
This summer she's one of the headliners together with the Black Crowes in my old hometown. Zwarte cross

saw her in Belfast a few years ago, still great to listen to & i still would. ;-)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ThunderBox The NAAFI Bar 4
Bravo_Bravo Films, Music and All Things Artsy 22
davek The NAAFI Bar 16