Debation! The english language

While exploring new words and areas of my second to my sixth language, I still have my "debations" regarding my first language. That being english.
I was ploughing through my history essay just now (which has to be in tomorrow ah!) and I came to write "...pressure on the government to disemband the Free Corps." and yes I get those squiggily red lines underneath disemband.
I consult my mother, and she hasn't got the foggiest, and so I get out the Oxford dictionary. And bugger me it isn't in. There is disembark, disembarrass and disembody, but no disemband.
Hmm.
Many times I have heard of regiments being disembanded.
I try and see what the internet reveals and I only find two sites that have used this word. A disembanded group and a disembanded army. But the search engine asks me if I ment "disbanded." I know of this word yes, but diembanded is a word!!!!
What do you think?

:D Al :D

baby_officer said:
While exploring new words and areas of my second to my sixth language, I still have my "debations" regarding my first language. That being english.
I was ploughing throught my history essay just now (which has to be in tomorrow ah!) and I came to write "...pressure on the government to disemband the Free Corps." and yes I get those squiggily red lines underneath disemband.
I consult my mother, and she hasn't got the foggiest, and so I get out the Oxford dictionary. And bugger me it isn't in. There is disembark, disembarrass and disembody, but no disemband.
Hmm.
Many times I have heard of regiments being disembanded.
I try and see what the internet reveals and I only find two sites that have used this word. A disembanded group and a disembanded army. But the search engine asks me if I ment "disbanded." I know of this word yes, but diembanded is a word!!!!
What do you think?

Try using the unabridged Collins English, The Oxford is a "Right-On" dictionary and a total waste of money even though it is used as the defacto source. Have tried looking for a online version but could not find one in short time.

I know its pretty pointless saying so as your thesis needs to be in Monday, sorry

Duck Dodgers said:
trollfindercpl said:
Someone called?
I knew you were ugly, O Cromwellian one, but that's uncannily Toonie-like. Especially after her trips to the South West.

:lol:

Oh and by the way try this http://dictionary.cambridge.org/.
:

:evil: Duckster wait until I'm in jock land you are sooooooooooo in trouble 8O pmsl and omg was that troll in Amesbury?..very similar to the hillbilly troll who tricked to pinch my banjo :lol: 8O

Seven years of continuous improvement in education under the Great Leader and we are still turning out knobs like this. Whats worse the little tart thinks he's fitted to go for a Commission.

New Labour, same old crap.

mushroom said:
Seven years of continuous improvement in education under the Great Leader and we are still turning out knobs like this. Whats worse the little tart thinks he's fitted to go for a Commission.

can we burn him? :twisted:

you sure do have a purty mouth boy

Greengrass said:
you sure do have a purty mouth boy
Quality quote from the great speller himself.

"How do I spell Majesty"

Must be a prime candidate for a commission in the Pioneers then. They're obviously made for each other.

Another muppet with a 4th class degree from Butthole University in Patagonian Macrame and Polynesian Politics.

:roll:

Here are some other words with which to expand your vocabulary and cause people around you to stare in ' awe '..

Unwaria the solo performance people tend to give while listening to music on their headphones.

Polliloquy a long-winded answer to a survey question

Amsleezia having forgotten the name of the person you just slept with

Afterspat the conclusive winning point to an arguement occurs to you long after it is over.

Otisencorea repeatedly pushing a lit elevator button to get to the floor faster

mushroom said:

Firstly, I am in private education and so I am not subject to the state education. I'm sure my vocabulary is far more extensive than yours was at my age. Or indeed at present.
Secondly, I am not a he, and I AM fitted to go for a Commission. Infact today I had a meeting with my ACO, and he thinks I will do very well in the selection process as I am applying for a Bursary in the coming weeks.
I have one cousin in the marines, and one of my other cousins is an officer in the Regs. If you would like to tell them what you think of me I would be entertained to see the conversation.